Site confirmed for New stadium (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

I'm back with a bang, new stadium confirmed and no Ricoh return.

Bugsy

So many questions, how, why, where.....PUSB

Bugsy

Lord_Nampil

this one??

Bumping this on some information given me tonight, and I know I wrongly mentioned Ryton a while back so I await the barracking.
CCFC HAVE and are involved in talks with the University of Warwick about using land that is currently used by the University for Football, Cricket, Rugby

Meetings have taken place on atleast three occasions, the land I refer to is in Warwickshire not Coventry due to the fact that Gibbet Hill Road is the border between the two counties.

The area been talked about is considerably big enough to build a Stadium, and I know for a fact how ambitious the University is to become one of the biggest and best in the World so i definetly wouldnt rule it out.

sits back and awaits ...............

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, but....nah.

ExmouthNeil

Yeah, but....nah.

Hi... I was just wasting my time on this thread and I noticed your user name, Nonleagueherewecome.... User names are a bit like a tattoo, seem like a good idea at the time but a few years down the line (2 Promotions and a Cup at Wembley) you might wish you hadn't....

I promise I'm not having a go at you as I'm sure we all thought we were going in that direction.

Just made me chuckle...... Anyway PUSB's

Nonleagueherewecome

Hi... I was just wasting my time on this thread and I noticed your user name.... They are a bit like a tattoo, seem like a good idea at the time but a few years down the line (2 Promotions and a Cup at Wembley) you might wish you hadn't....

I promise I'm not having a go at you as I'm sure we all thought we were going in that direction.

Just made me chuckle...... Anyway PUSB's
If you have a look, I post quite a lot of Nonleague stuff. Became a massive fan of nonleague footy in the 00's thanks to sodding FM LLM'ing! Bought the Nonleague Paper every Sunday and read the lot. Still can't quite believe that Fleetwood are in the football league given how tiny they were back then...few 100 fans top.

Oh and the Leamington story grabbed me big time when I moved here, were a big Southern League side in their heyday and were going through their "climbing back up the pyramid" phase. If their ground wasn't too far to cycle to on my bike I'd have ended up going there instead every week when Sixfields happened, but Harbury Lane just keeps going forever...

So yeah, but...nah!

WestEndAgro

this one??
Correct

SeaSeeEffCee

Don't believe it for a second but that would be a god awful place to build a stadium. Not that easy to access and absolutely nothing nearby.

mark82

this one??

The land around Warwick Uni is feasible in terms of the actual land. My concern would be transport infrastructure. Gets very busy down there when the business park kicks out, so would be gridlock for football. Would need to be a plan for this.

mark82

Don't believe it for a second but that would be a god awful place to build a stadium. Not that easy to access and absolutely nothing nearby.

It depends what they build. If they can create a destination type venue and add pubs, restaurants, etc then it could be ok. Would be used outside of football days by students, so not the worst location.

Nonleagueherewecome

Did you boycott for 3 years? Missed a good few seasons.
Was that for me, Nick? I went from ST to a few games a season tops after Sixfields, yeah (and never went to Northampton). Never been to St Andrews though, no. Logistically near impossible for me really anyway now as someone who doesn't drive or have bottomless pockets for train tickets. No regrets, got out of the habit, saved some money and fell in love (so that keeps me busy!). SISU's choice, one regular paying customer lost.

mark82

Was that for me, Nick? I went from ST to a few games a season tops after Sixfields, yeah (and never went to Northampton). Never been to St Andrews though, no. Logistically near impossible for me really anyway now as someone who doesn't drive or have bottomless pockets for train tickets. No regrets, got out of the habit, saved some money and fell in love (so that keeps me busy!). SISU's choice, one regular paying customer lost.

Don't want to start the usual arguments, but not sure St. Andrews was Sisu's choice. They had very little choice in the matter. But, that's for another thread.

Gibbo

Is this a bit like when people sell their houses "with panning permission" for something or other?

Nonleagueherewecome

Don't want to start the usual arguments, but not sure St. Andrews was Sisu's choice. They had very little choice in the matter. But, that's for another thread.
Hey if they hadn't fucked off to Northampton, I'd still be going every week, but no chance. Not having a car or the money for trains though, it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm sure plenty of other fans don't go now cos the ground is a long way away IN ANOTHER FUCKING CITY!

mark82

Hey if they hadn't fucked off to Northampton, I'd still be going every week, but no chance. Not having a car or the money for trains though, it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm sure plenty of other fans don't go now cos the ground is a long way away IN ANOTHER FUCKING CITY!

Didn't say it was unreasonable not to go because you can't afford it/can't get there. Just making the point the Ricoh wasn't available to us this season.

Nick

Administrator
Nah the op.

Grendel

If you have a look, I post quite a lot of Nonleague stuff. Became a massive fan of nonleague footy in the 00's thanks to sodding FM LLM'ing! Bought the Nonleague Paper every Sunday and read the lot. Still can't quite believe that Fleetwood are in the football league given how tiny they were back then...few 100 fans top.

Oh and the Leamington story grabbed me big time when I moved here, were a big Southern League side in their heyday and were going through their "climbing back up the pyramid" phase. If their ground wasn't too far to cycle to on my bike I'd have ended up going there instead every week when Sixfields happened, but Harbury Lane just keeps going forever...

So yeah, but...nah!

Also you claimed Sisu would put the club into non league

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is this a bit like when people sell their houses "with panning permission" for something or other?

Do people do a lot of prospecting for gold in their gardens?

Or do certain postcodes get the privilege of being allowed to criticise the council?

Bugsy

capel & collindridge

Think WestEndAgro is more likely to be thinking of this:

Aug 2, 2016
Add bookmark
Rusty Trombone said:
The land that Sphinx (and Cov Utd) play on is owned by Rolls Royce, apparently Sphinx just rent a year at a time (happy to be corrected if anyone knows better). 3 pitches already there, and other bits of land not really used.

WestEnd Agro said: You are correct!

But before anyone thinks WestEndAgro is the fount of all knowledge, he also wrote shortly afterwards in the Could be worse thread:

Fleck was always massively over rated, Don't think he ever produced more than a 7/10 performance, simply not good enough.
WestEndAgro Post #18 Aug 17, 2016 Forum: Coventry City General Chat

So track record as a visionary is flawed. Also said Cian Harries was the next John Stones. Not so far!

mark82

Think WestEndAgro is more likely to be thinking of this:

Aug 2, 2016
Add bookmark
Rusty Trombone said:
The land that Sphinx (and Cov Utd) play on is owned by Rolls Royce, apparently Sphinx just rent a year at a time (happy to be corrected if anyone knows better). 3 pitches already there, and other bits of land not really used.

WestEnd Agro said: You are correct!

But before anyone thinks WestEndAgro is the fount of all knowledge, he also wrote shortly afterwards in the Could be worse thread:

Fleck was always massively over rated, Don't think he ever produced more than a 7/10 performance, simply not good enough.
WestEndAgro Post #18 Aug 17, 2016 Forum: Coventry City General Chat

So track record as a visionary is flawed. Also said Cian Harries was the next John Stones. Not so far!

He said correct to the guy who showed his Warwick Uni post from 6 years ago.

Would be good, but not sure there's much in it at the moment. Up until 2 days ago there were definitely still negotiations ongoing for the Ricoh. I think we'll know more soon. Probably next week but if not, within the next couple. Hopefully there will be some long term information on top of whatever is happening in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread