Sisu (1 Viewer)

Adge

Just for the record and it’s been said on numerous occasions that when the team are doing well it all goes quiet regarding the owners.
Well not from me-Sisu out!

Irish Sky Blue

Backed robins in league 2

Hopefully we get promoted and they get chsnce of more(small) redemption
There is no way back for Sisu. They have demonstrated time and again that they have no regard for the club or the fans and continue to do this with legal action that is detrimental to the club. As for supporting Robins, it seems they gave him his budget and have left him to get on with it. The sooner they go, the sooner our club will have a future.

clint van damme

There is no way back for Sisu. They have demonstrated time and again that they have no regard for the club or the fans and continue to do this with legal action that is detrimental to the club. As for supporting Robins, it seems they gave him his budget and have left him to get on with it. The sooner they go, the sooner our club will have a future.

and the higher up the leagues we go the more chance we have of attracting people interested in buying the club so it's right to focus on supporting the team and getting promoted.

Terry_dactyl

I agree entirely with this but, possibly pessimisticly, think that most/all football club owners don’t really have any regard for the fans. They’re in it to make money.
My main gripe with sisu possibly therefore stems from their inability to do this effectively. I would have thought getting the fans on side would have been an obvious part of this. It’s their business ineptitude that has cost us and left them trying to rake back as much as they can.
I can’t pretend that I know a lot about business or sisu’s other investments but I wouldnt trust them to run a bath.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

They are a harsh business in a harsh world I think they underestimated the passion fans show with their bully boy tactics but they don't give a shite about us

Ashdown

SISU are scum but we should not be talking about them with 7 games to go chasing down promotion. This is about the team we have now and supporting them is our only focus.
SISU are scum.......lets just leave it at that !
C'mon City join Cov Rugby and gain promotion despite them !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They go quiet at other times too..... however no one is forgetting about our awful owners it is just they are taking second place to the football and a little success. People are excited by a bit of football success and why not. I want Sisu gone but the rest of this season belongs to the team on the field.

A few other thoughts.

It is not true to say that the owners have provided no finance. They funded 500k in both 2016 &2017 with some bridging finance in 2018 according to Boddy.

Success creates a problem for them possibly with bonuses and salary increases for existing players coming in not to mention new players at higher cost in league 1 etc. They have to finance that and have shown shortfalls this season. It won't all be covered by bigger crowds. Presently otium is not self financing why would it be with bigger costs?

Sisu are caught in a cleft stick on this they have to keep the club as a going concern so have to supply the minimum finance to do so but with success expenses can easily exceed the additional incomes available.

I do not necessarily agree that promotion gives us better chance of being sold. There might be a little more interest in trying but the same problems exist.

Firstly the club has no long term base agreed to play at, presently nothing agreed and signed for the academy, future of the training ground uncertain........ all building blocks of a decent club and currently unstable. Makes the true value of the club lower but doesn't alter what Sisu want for it. You could argue that makes things more flexible for new owners but that leads to the next problem

Secondly I think we would agree that Sisu price expectations bare no resemblance to true value. So why exactly would a little success (promotion to league 1) change that. It might decrease the gap between value and Sisu expectations but it isn't going remove it. The value change between league 2 ccfc and league 1 Ccfc is not going to be big figures.

You might even argue that success puts the Sisu sale price up especially if they continue to fund 500k per year. At present any potential new owners are being asked to massively over pay for assets to meet Sisu expectations or simply pay a huge ransom payment. It isn't related to team success at all

Promotion might bring more interest from potential buyers but it doesn't make a deal easier or more likely because Sisu expectations has nothing to do with team success....... it is based on getting ARVO & Sisu master fund money back that has already been spent and is still growing. More buyer interest doesn't change anything if the legal actions continue either ..... ccfc will still not be for sale.

But come on just enjoy the tantalising prospect of potential promotion..... achieved in spite of awful owners who are going nowhere any time soon. Forget nothing , I would forgive Sisu nothing they care little for ccfc. We can change nothing this season but we can be part of a long overdue success. Enjoy it

Last edited:

Ashdown

I think our current crowds are reflecting some success, without the wins they could be averaging as low as 6,000 in this League !

kapowaz

My main gripe with sisu possibly therefore stems from their inability to do this effectively

I probably hate SISU as much as the next fan but I’m not convinced this observation holds up to scrutiny.

Yes, they’ve wasted years trying to cause another company to fold so they could buy a stadium at a knockdown price, which is horrendous. Yes they’ve had some absolute wingnuts interfering in the club’s management early on, but looking at the last year or so, I think they may finally have learned their lesson.

They’ve left Robins to do his thing, and they’ve not forced him to sell players this past transfer window (maybe there weren’t any good options? IDK) and it appears that the money from sold players has been keeping us ticking over.

It’s not hard to find past examples of dumb shit they did, but the relatively hands-off approach seems to be showing itself as an effective one. If the club go up, continue to do well in subsequent seasons and they keep up this approach it wouldn’t be hard to imagine a lot of fans forgetting all about SISU...

rupert_bear

Test will come next season should we get promoted, expense will increase, our better players will want first division wages and we will need to sign two or three better players to compete. Not sure how much our gates will rise so where will the money come from ?

martcov

SISU will reappear at the next court hearing, but in the meantime we could be getting our first promotion in over 40 years. Enjoy. Plenty of time to slag SISU in the close season.

Terry_dactyl

I probably hate SISU as much as the next fan but I’m not convinced this observation holds up to scrutiny.

Yes, they’ve wasted years trying to cause another company to fold so they could buy a stadium at a knockdown price, which is horrendous. Yes they’ve had some absolute wingnuts interfering in the club’s management early on, but looking at the last year or so, I think they may finally have learned their lesson.

They’ve left Robins to do his thing, and they’ve not forced him to sell players this past transfer window (maybe there weren’t any good options? IDK) and it appears that the money from sold players has been keeping us ticking over.

It’s not hard to find past examples of dumb shit they did, but the relatively hands-off approach seems to be showing itself as an effective one. If the club go up, continue to do well in subsequent seasons and they keep up this approach it wouldn’t be hard to imagine a lot of fans forgetting all about SISU...

Yeah, I’ll give you that to an extent (not that you need my approval I’m sure!). However, it’s been a relatively short period of non-interference and personally I think the damage is done. It would be interesting to see if greater success would mean people would forget entirely.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just because they are not making statements doesn't mean they are not influencing the club or making and controlling the decisions/ direction of the club. That has not changed they have never made many announcements about the playing side, that has been rare since 2008. Staying quiet means people can only focus on the football, not a bad tactic and allows Sisu to get on with their objectives unchallenged. The fact it coincides with potential success only aides them more.

At the moment they are involved in the mediation process and covered by non disclosure

It would be quite wrong to think Ccfc have been left to get on with things. Boddy for example said he was in daily contact with fisher and Deering it is reasonable to assume that Seppala is now fully informed and able to intervene any time of her choosing........ that prospect in its self sets limits to Boddy and his backroom team, even sets limits for robins

skyblue025

No of course not. But 2 successfull(ish) seasons in a row would be a start. If we get baxk to championship its as we were but with no ridiculous rent
You don't know that as Wasps could charge us what they like. Let's not forget we will be homeless in 14 months unless Wasps take pity on us and allow us to stay. Shitsu take 90% of the blame for that situation. They could of got at least 50% of the Ricoh but chose not to pay the agreed amount to Higgs. This imo is their biggest mistake of the whole fiasco their ownership has been.

covcity4life

You don't know that as Wasps could charge us what they like. Let's not forget we will be homeless in 14 months unless Wasps take pity on us and allow us to stay. Shitsu take 90% of the blame for that situation. They could of got at least 50% of the Ricoh but chose not to pay the agreed amount to Higgs. This imo is their biggest mistake of the whole fiasco their ownership has been.

I Agree

They are shit owners

tskezz

Agree with all of this, complete shithouses. Can't use 'support the team' as an argument imo as people that want to protest, want to boycott and want to slag them in here are still supporting the team. You can see that in our away figures for this year.

Let hope they fuck off because regardless of how well we are doing and if we go up, the board will fuck us over again.

italiahorse

The block is for a long term deal while Sisu are in court.
Short term deals will just continue in the meantime and all the downsides associated with that.

Captain Dart

The team is doing well despite Sisu.
Well done to Mark Robins for finally pulling the team together.
Well done to those in the team performing above their pay grade particularly the youngsters.
Not convinced that Sisu want us promoted and the extra pull on resources.
Promotion is not an issue, SISU are still free to set whatever budget they see fit in League One.
They've already said the club is to run at break even, the budget will be set accordingly.

italiahorse

Promotion is not an issue, SISU are still free to set whatever budget they see fit in League One.
They've already said the club is to run at break even, the budget will be set accordingly.
What they say and what they do are 2 different things. I hope your right.

win9nut

Leave me out of it...

Mucca Mad Boys

Just enjoy the football folks. The subject of SISU turns any conversation or ‘debate’ (not one person I imagine are actually in favour of Sisu) very toxic. It just ruins the vibes on this forum.

They’ve backed MR this season. Well done. Hopefully we get promoted this season.

Grendel

The block is for a long term deal while Sisu are in court.
Short term deals will just continue in the meantime and all the downsides associated with that.

No long term owner with financial clout and ambition would accept a pipsqueak owner like wasps anyway.

Gosford Green

If we win a few games most fans forget about the owners, the one step removed from the top / lightening conductor that is Fisher seems to be quiet maybe due to being outed as a bullshiter more than once has made him realise talking bollocks on public record will come back and bite you.
Getting an additional funds of around £1.2 million stopped the

Robins had performed minor miracles considering the financial restraints and having 2 important members of his squad out almost the whole season, but I am not sold on promotion and I refuse to tempt fate because it is something we fail at miserably. Wembley finals we have a 100% record and escaping the drop on the last day is a different matter but since 2001 promotion has been our nemesis, I stopped thinking this was "our year" in 2008.
Although (this will jinx it)we are hitting form at just the right moment and McNulty is scoring for fun, we also have JCH, if he had been here from August we might be sitting on the top of the league and our defence is the best in the league, i think so anyway.

italiahorse

No long term owner with financial clout and ambition would accept a pipsqueak owner like wasps anyway.

Bloody hell, how many millions have you got........ and still having to work.

Actually, I said long term deal not owner.
There is a question mark over whether anyone will deal with Sisu but hopefully when the legals are over they will leave.

Who knows but with 2 quick promotions we may grow to love them ......... again ?

Londonccfcfan

They are hopefully just waiting for Madison money.

They have two options.

Recieve the huge cash windfall and put the ckub up for sale on the rise up to league 1.

Recieve £5milion , they keep 50% to finance or repay some of their debt.

Give the other £2.5 million to Mastermind a return to the championship.

£1m invested in the team should be enough to get out of league 1 next year.

Then they can put the club up for sale as the value of the club rises in the championship.

So frustrating that it doesnt take alot of money to get out league 1! Hope they have the foresight to invest some of Maddison money as this may be our final gift horse.

Users who are viewing this thread