Sisu (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

We were languishing in the Championship when they arrived and the debt is NOT higher.

Taylor,i bet you were loving it when we used to beat the chelsea's and arsenal's at highfield rd,i bet you never complained when we were spending 6m+ on keane&bellamy etc. Nobody knew about the money problems back then. Richardson stiched us,we all know that,im not condoning it but as said above at least it was in the top flight and was exciting. What have sisu done? The debt is higher and we're now in the 3rd division down the bottom with a piss poor squad of freebie players that nobody else wanted.

JazzCat

Have they committed to the club financially for three years or have they set out a three year plan with a budget for this year?
It was reported that they have agreed to finance the club for the next 3 years. The budget will obviously be adjusted based on how their 3 year plan is going.

Astute

Taylor,i bet you were loving it when we used to beat the chelsea's and arsenal's at highfield rd,i bet you never complained when we were spending 6m+ on keane&bellamy etc. Nobody knew about the money problems back then. Richardson stiched us,we all know that,im not condoning it but as said above at least it was in the top flight and was exciting. What have sisu done? The debt is higher and we're now in the 3rd division down the bottom with a piss poor squad of freebie players that nobody else wanted.

We spent 6m on Keane but made over 6m profit on him. Where did it go?

GaryPendrysEyes

Is it really that difficult?
1. Sisu knew what they were taking on when they bought the club
2. They announced an investment plan, including up to 20m on the team
3. They backed operational premiership
4. They set the clear expectation of serious new money and progress on and off the pitch
5. What we got was cuts, more cuts, chaos and the team dropping like a stone
....and you want fans to be happy?

All fans want is results under their stewardship i.e. success on the pitch or at least some signs of positive progress.
After 5 years under SISU we have just dropped and dropped and continue to drop. They have been shockingly poor and this club is at its lowest ebb for a generation.

SkyblueBazza

<p>

In Robinsons pocket.

There are loads of other areas to finance in a professional club - but no doubt Richardson would want some sort of cut for doing such good business (I bloody would!), just as he's no doubt suffered losses in selling others, then there's using it to renew contracts for other players, paying some debts - it all adds up.

SkyblueBazza

4. They set the clear expectation of serious new money and progress on and off the pitch

All fans want is results under their stewardship i.e. success on the pitch or at least some signs of positive progress.
After 5 years under SISU we have just dropped and dropped and continue to drop. They have been shockingly poor and this club is at its lowest ebb for a generation.

So does this amount to a suggestion that administration &/or liquidation would have been a better option? Surely that would have been a lower ebb?
SISU stepped in where no one else wouldn't. And of course they want to make some money, & of course they know you have to speculate to accumulate.
Maybe some people criticising SISU on here so strongly might like to remortgage or sell their home & donate it to the cause? It seems that's what they expect sisuinveators to do.

valiant15

The difference is sisu's investors will already be stinking rich. I lose my job,unless I find another one asap,id probably lose my house,sisu's investors lose a few million, they just write a cheque out for more.

JazzCat

Thats how they got rich just writing cheques and throwing them at lost causes hoping, just hoping, one paid off.

SkyblueBazza

The difference is sisu's investors will already be stinking rich. I lose my job,unless I find another one asap,id probably lose my house,sisu's investors lose a few million, they just write a cheque out for more.

They are likely to be stinking rich...because they invest wisely...& the business they chose to invest in have a habit of turning failing businesses into successful ones - but that takes time.

GaryPendrysEyes

So does this amount to a suggestion that administration &/or liquidation would have been a better option? Surely that would have been a lower ebb?
SISU stepped in where no one else wouldn't. And of course they want to make some money, & of course they know you have to speculate to accumulate.
Maybe some people criticising SISU on here so strongly might like to remortgage or sell their home & donate it to the cause? It seems that's what they expect sisuinveators to do.
Of course no one objects to them making money- what was surprising was against the expectations they set they focussed largely on cuts rather than revenue generation.
But the point, that people like you cant see when its staring them in the face, is they have completely and utterly failed- including them making any money! They have proved unprofessional and incompetent, am I grateful for that, including us being where we are- No. That's a FACT, us going in to admin is speculation and no club has been liquidated.
Sisu have performed dreadfully in leading our club forward and in meeting their own objectives.

shmmeee

We spent 6m on Keane but made over 6m profit on him. Where did it go?

Neither of those statements are true.

It's well known that the signing spree under Richardson was funded by a deal whereby an outside party would buy the players and take any profit. Also, by all accounts the deal to go to Inter was arranged before Keane signed for us.

Lots of dodgy deals under Richardson, much like using us to get around a clause in Jarnis contract which said he couldn't be sold to a certain club, so we bought him and immediately sold him to said club.

To be fair to the guy, I think he thought he'd genuinely found a way for us to compete. Unfortunately he wasn't fit to run an organisation our size.

wingy

Is that not what their Investors have already done,what with the ARVO debenture taking precedence over all other Input?

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, the daily "why do people hate SISU" thread, lovely.

Essentially, they're crooks and gangsters. I will never trust them as I know that they have no morals whatsoever. A couple of loan signings is a drop in the ocean compared to all the crap.

SkyblueBazza

Of course no one objects to them making money- what was surprising was against the expectations they set they focussed largely on cuts rather than revenue generation.
But the point, that people like you cant see when its staring them in the face, is they have completely and utterly failed- including them making any money! They have proved unprofessional and incompetent, am I grateful for that, including us being where we are- No. That's a FACT, us going in to admin is speculation and no club has been liquidated.
Sisu have performed dreadfully in leading our club forward and in meeting their own objectives.

1. Aldershot & Maidstone have been liquidated before. Portsmouth & Rangers are very close to it...& it might well only be a matter of time for it to happen to a bigger club than Aldershot or Maidstone.
2. I do not think there is a risk of us going into administration or liquidation (maybe I didn't make my point clearly enough). I think we were in danger of it up to the point SISU came to invest in/rescue/pillage the club (according to your view)...but not NOW
3. As I said in a previous posting...these guys are experts at taking a failing business & turning it around to make money - football is new to them...but they're brace & learning the hard way. Drastic measures were needed post relegation to fit with league rules. They will make money...once they've steadied the ship & can focus on building for a profitable & sustainable future direction - I believe we're now getting to that point.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh yeah, but Tim seems nice, and it's not his fault really, it's the last guy, and the guy before that, and the guy before that-and look, we've just signed some players! (please don't look at the league table).

Sick Boy

Yet another who blindly backed SISU, yet now is one of the most anti-SISU. Also posting information which is simply untrue....

1. SISU did not, they had no idea how to run a football club...essentially it was the role of Ray Ranson.

2. Incorrect. £20m was promised on total, not £20m on the team.

3. Operational Premiership?...They weren't even at the club, this was the idea of Paul Fletcher.

4. Did they really?

5. Yet more emotive hyperbole. I forget that we were a top top Championship club just before they came in, knocking on the door of the Premier League.

Last edited:

Grendel

Ah, the daily "why do people hate SISU" thread, lovely.

Essentially, they're crooks and gangsters. I will never trust them as I know that they have no morals whatsoever. A couple of loan signings is a drop in the ocean compared to all the crap.

If they are crooks and gangsters (very libelous by the way) they can rob my house any day of the week. I could do with £30 million coming my way without having to give anything back.

Grendel

None of your points are correct. You make MMM sound plausible.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

None of your points are correct. You make MMM sound plausible.

Ah, my own favourite internet stalker. I'd forgotten about you. I'd have thought you'd be a bit more humble after making yourself look frankly ludicrous with your adulation of the 'great job' Waggott did at Charlton

Grendel

Ah, my own favourite internet stalker. I'd forgotten about you. I'd have thought you'd be a bit more humble after making yourself look frankly ludicrous with your adulation of the 'great job' Waggott did at Charlton

Nope MMM. I had a chat with a couple of my mates today and said to them that somone thinks that we would be 8 points better off if we kept Andy Thorn. Unfortunately one of them was hands free belting down the M6 at the time.........

SkyblueBazza

Is that not what their Investors have already done,what with the ARVO debenture taking precedence over all other Input?

Well if your front door falls off it's hinges...do you get a new door or go buy a sofa? It's a question of priorities. That was a bigger priority at the time.
CCFC is a business run by businessmen for businessmen & investors. "Them" at the very top probably care not a jot for supporters (until they stop supporting) or their ideas/needs. Fisher & Waggott are the nearest (that do care) to "Them" & that's only because they have to face us.
We (collective) might not like that - but have to get used to it until a genuine (look at Pompey) Abramovich rides in.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Nope MMM. I had a chat with a couple of my mates today and said to them that somone thinks that we would be 8 points better off if we kept Andy Thorn. Unfortunately one of them was hands free belting down the M6 at the time.........

Your post lost plausibility when you claimed to have mates...

Users who are viewing this thread