Sisu (1 Viewer)

Evans020

It appears that no matter what they do, they will still be wrong or liars in our fans eyes.
Do not care to much for sisu myself but cannot see what they are doing wrong in regards to acquiring 50% of the Ricoh arena.
After stating in per season things will be different and they care more , I think they are proving that they do or at least are trying to do the right thing.
After all is this not what we all wanted.ccfc owning some of the ground at least..
I guarantee if Hoffman came in and did exactly what sisu are now, you'd be praising him like a new reborn jesus

kg82

They have a lot of making up to do and as much as football fans are fickle with teams, they have long memories with this sort of thing. They have a lot to prove to me but this is a step in the right direction for sure.

ccfcdan

I can not forgive Sisu for the way that they allowed our club to fall apart. They have a lot of making up to do. Why does Joy Seppala not come out and issue an apology for the way things have gone? They have burnt a lot of bridges and it will take a lot of time to get the fans back on side. I still hate Sisu just as much as I did when I was putting banners up on the a444 to demand they left. They destroyed our club.

Evans020

I can not forgive Sisu for the way that they allowed our club to fall apart. They have a lot of making up to do. Why does Joy Seppala not come out and issue an apology for the way things have gone? They have burnt a lot of bridges and it will take a lot of time to get the fans back on side. I still hate Sisu just as much as I did when I was putting banners up on the a444 to demand they left. They destroyed our club.
In a way I agree..but the club had long been destroyed,.selling off the shares to Allan Higgs for a third of total value that wasn't sisu..getting us 20-50 million in debt wasn't sisu..selling Highfield road wasn't sisu

ccfcway

Dear Supporter,

These have been turbulent times recently for Coventry City Football Club. I want to start by thanking all of you for your support for this Club. Despite all the changes, and challenges, you have remained committed and continue to offer fantastic support to our players onthe field. Off the field events at Coventry have sadly dominated the headlines over the last couple of months, and I want to use the closure of the latest chapter, namely the recent withdrawal of a much hyped takeover bid, to communicate directly with you all and address a number of important issues. First, I want to say that I fully appreciate the frustration of supporters in recent weeks, and I also understand that we at SISU are an easy target for this anger. I have read a lot recently about people wantingthe 'truth' and I wish to use this letter to set out the position we are in currently, look to the future and share the vision with you. It is widely reported that SISU have spent in the region of £30m on the day to day operations of Coventry City over the past four years, and we have not taken money out of the Club, but continue to fund the football club. Given that sum, I think it is fair to suggest that all supporters would have expected the Club to achieve much more during this time. While there are many owners in the Championship having to cover their Club's losses, we would have hoped for Coventry to have been in a stronger position than we currently are. At SISU, we readily accept that if we had our time again a number of things would have been done differently. Not in the money that we have invested and continue to invest, but in some of the decisions made and with whomwe chose in the past to partner with. We have also been too distant, so when the relationship broke down with former executives, we have not been able to put our side of the story. We like to empower the management teams to run operations and do not take an active public role. It is clear that this business style does not work in football. Since March the agenda should have been set by the Club and owner, building bridges with our supporters and other stakeholders in the City. Unfortunately our distance has allowed others to promote their own disruptive cause, damaging the Club as a consequence.This has also undermined the good work done by the new management team to recover from past losses. The position of SISU is absolutely clear. We are not looking to sell but have said that we would speak with any credible investors looking to be part of a partnership with us.Talks continue on a regular basisbut no truly credible party has come to the fore so far. Let me also be clear that a lot of time has been wasted by having to deal with people and parties who have promised much in public, but have deliveredabsolutely nothing. The new Board has been tasked with improving all aspects of the Club's operations. Many improvements have been made, although most of these are not of a headline grabbing nature. I fully appreciate that what matters to supporters is investment on the field.Those who were previously directly responsible for our football transfer policy left the Club in a difficult situation with 11 players out of contract in June leaving us to inherit a dangerously depleted squad of players.We want to see major improvements on and off the field, but like many of our competitors we are operating within a more practical and long term budgetary structure than in recent years. Money has been available for the club to spend this summer, and I am delighted that as well as goalkeepers Joe Murphy and Chris Dunn, Cody McDonald, a striker, was signed yesterday. We will hopefully also be successful in attracting some quality loan players later this month to help Andy Thorn. Also, despite a number of approaches, we have declined substantial offers for Lukas Jutkewicz (sic) and, as widely reported, other players, in order to maintain our commitment to compete at this level. A working capital facility has been made available to the Club to support it through the final stage of the turnaround plan and major improvements and innovative ideas are expected in the coming months. Coventry City is the anchor tenant at the Ricoh Arena and it should have at least a partial stake in the ownership of the stadium where we play; everything possible shall be done moving forward to reach the right solution. A football club should be a leading light within a community, a vehicle for bringing people together and promoting a City.Personally, I have enjoyed some fantastic days at the Ricoh Arena over the past fouryears. In the coming weeks and months I shall communicate further with supporters and outline a wider vision for the club. This season though is one of transition, as we move towards a Club that is unified from the top down, both on and off the field of play. I and the rest of the Board understand that there is a lot of frustration right now and lots of work has to be done to clear this, so let me finish by reiterating that we are committed to getting it right for the Club for the long term.

Kind regards,
Onye IgweSISU Capital Private Equity

skyblueman

It appears that no matter what they do, they will still be wrong or liars in our fans eyes.
Do not care to much for sisu myself but cannot see what they are doing wrong in regards to acquiring 50% of the Ricoh arena.
After stating in per season things will be different and they care more , I think they are proving that they do or at least are trying to do the right thing.
After all is this not what we all wanted.ccfc owning some of the ground at least..
I guarantee if Hoffman came in and did exactly what sisu are now, you'd be praising him like a new reborn jesus

All very well and good but doesn't help the club

The only good thing I can see from this is that they are now unlikely to fold the club in the short term

Last edited:

JazzCat

hear hear...

They have been a cancer in our club for the last 5 years BUT

They have apologised.
They have committed to the club for 3 years more financially.
They went out a secured a squad that their manager believed could compete.
Now they've secured half the stadium by playing hardball.

Yes it might be a bit late but they are finally becoming the owners that people have been after.

It may all be a way of making the club attractive so they can sell up. Who knows but if that happens people will be even happier.

I'm not a SISU supporter in any shape or form and were dead against them coming in in the first place but I think they are finally working hard, perhaps to protect their assest, but working hard no the less to make it work.

Just my opinion though there are some who will never forgive them. I certainly haven't but things are moving in the right direction currently regarding them and their interest in the club.

Evans020

Dear Supporter,

These have been turbulent times recently for Coventry City Football Club. I want to start by thanking all of you for your support for this Club. Despite all the changes, and challenges, you have remained committed and continue to offer fantastic support to our players onthe field. Off the field events at Coventry have sadly dominated the headlines over the last couple of months, and I want to use the closure of the latest chapter, namely the recent withdrawal of a much hyped takeover bid, to communicate directly with you all and address a number of important issues. First, I want to say that I fully appreciate the frustration of supporters in recent weeks, and I also understand that we at SISU are an easy target for this anger. I have read a lot recently about people wantingthe 'truth' and I wish to use this letter to set out the position we are in currently, look to the future and share the vision with you. It is widely reported that SISU have spent in the region of £30m on the day to day operations of Coventry City over the past four years, and we have not taken money out of the Club, but continue to fund the football club. Given that sum, I think it is fair to suggest that all supporters would have expected the Club to achieve much more during this time. While there are many owners in the Championship having to cover their Club's losses, we would have hoped for Coventry to have been in a stronger position than we currently are. At SISU, we readily accept that if we had our time again a number of things would have been done differently. Not in the money that we have invested and continue to invest, but in some of the decisions made and with whomwe chose in the past to partner with. We have also been too distant, so when the relationship broke down with former executives, we have not been able to put our side of the story. We like to empower the management teams to run operations and do not take an active public role. It is clear that this business style does not work in football. Since March the agenda should have been set by the Club and owner, building bridges with our supporters and other stakeholders in the City. Unfortunately our distance has allowed others to promote their own disruptive cause, damaging the Club as a consequence.This has also undermined the good work done by the new management team to recover from past losses. The position of SISU is absolutely clear. We are not looking to sell but have said that we would speak with any credible investors looking to be part of a partnership with us.Talks continue on a regular basisbut no truly credible party has come to the fore so far. Let me also be clear that a lot of time has been wasted by having to deal with people and parties who have promised much in public, but have deliveredabsolutely nothing. The new Board has been tasked with improving all aspects of the Club's operations. Many improvements have been made, although most of these are not of a headline grabbing nature. I fully appreciate that what matters to supporters is investment on the field.Those who were previously directly responsible for our football transfer policy left the Club in a difficult situation with 11 players out of contract in June leaving us to inherit a dangerously depleted squad of players.We want to see major improvements on and off the field, but like many of our competitors we are operating within a more practical and long term budgetary structure than in recent years. Money has been available for the club to spend this summer, and I am delighted that as well as goalkeepers Joe Murphy and Chris Dunn, Cody McDonald, a striker, was signed yesterday. We will hopefully also be successful in attracting some quality loan players later this month to help Andy Thorn. Also, despite a number of approaches, we have declined substantial offers for Lukas Jutkewicz (sic) and, as widely reported, other players, in order to maintain our commitment to compete at this level. A working capital facility has been made available to the Club to support it through the final stage of the turnaround plan and major improvements and innovative ideas are expected in the coming months. Coventry City is the anchor tenant at the Ricoh Arena and it should have at least a partial stake in the ownership of the stadium where we play; everything possible shall be done moving forward to reach the right solution. A football club should be a leading light within a community, a vehicle for bringing people together and promoting a City.Personally, I have enjoyed some fantastic days at the Ricoh Arena over the past fouryears. In the coming weeks and months I shall communicate further with supporters and outline a wider vision for the club. This season though is one of transition, as we move towards a Club that is unified from the top down, both on and off the field of play. I and the rest of the Board understand that there is a lot of frustration right now and lots of work has to be done to clear this, so let me finish by reiterating that we are committed to getting it right for the Club for the long term.

Kind regards,
Onye IgweSISU Capital Private Equity
But he's gone now

Nonleagueherewecome

I will never like, or even tolerate SISU much in the way I will never like or tolerate Thatcher, or Nicky Summerbee. No matter what good they do (whioch is sweet FA still IMO), they have a bloody monumental lot more to do to correct their wrongs.

ccfcway

yer, but he apologised
he said sorry.
he said they have learnt
yadda yadda

The same as they have just said again

Insanity :
doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

ccfcway

depends which way you look at it

From an investment point of view, SISU want a return for its investors, so, for them, acquiring part of the stadium / land is most certainly the way forward. Build a hotel / resturant / office or two which will be just off the M6, and full at all concerts etc. Extra facilities will be build to compliment the train station and it will become a successful addition to the area, thus bringing in a return to their investors. Get the club at break even point on the pitch by reducing overheads and IF the club go in the right direction, FAB, but if not, as long as its not losing money, success will be from off the field investments.

From a fan point of view, I want rid of them, they have taken us no-where other than down..

SkyblueBazza

They are a business. Investors in that business want a return on their investment.
Would you for example pay £100 per month into a bank account only to find they'd only give you the equivalent of £90 per month back?
What someone (in this case SISU) had to do was cut everything to the bare bones to get proper control of the finances in order to move forward...or be prepared to be a sugar-daddy type character & simply plough loads of their own money in. The latter is most likely to end badly at some future point anyway.
So maybe our pain will be worth it in another 10-15yrs from now? Or maybe not, it I's beyond our control as supporters so perhaps we should either just get on with supporting the club or walk away.
PUSB - I'll carry on!!!

Mucca Mad Boys

What about our previous owners? McGinity and his crooks who sold Highfiel Rd got us in this mess! The SAME owners that allowed us to get relegated from the prem, because they spent way too much money? What about the owners who had us 30 minutes away from admin before SISU took us over?

More to than SISU, they've made mistakes, but they're better than our previous owners this century!

If you forget about them, then you're a hypocite, plain and simple!

Mucca Mad Boys

They've taken us to our lowest point in 50 years and some people still back them. fecking unbelievable.

Bet you backed the owners that got us relegated from the prem, at the time, are worst point in 35 odd years!?

Can't have rules for 1 and not the other!

JazzCat

The McGinity, Richardson eras did as much if not more to put us into this state. SISU have made even more dreadful errors in their stewardship of the club.

Currently they seem to be doing everything they can to turn it around. I'm not happy with them as owners and it remains to be seen whether they are doing all this to gain from it themselves (I'm sure they are. they are a business) but they are doing everything we would want new owners to do so until they Knight in Shining Armour appears we are stuck with them. Hopefully that Knight will appear and carry on the fair decent job SISU have done since the summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

The McGinity, Richardson eras did as much if not more to put us into this state. SISU have made even more dreadful errors in their stewardship of the club.

Currently they seem to be doing everything they can to turn it around. I'm not happy with them as owners and it remains to be seen whether they are doing all this to gain from it themselves (I'm sure they are. they are a business) but they are doing everything we would want new owners to do so until they Knight in Shining Armour appears we are stuck with them. Hopefully that Knight will appear and carry on the fair decent job SISU have done since the summer.

Agreed, the core of all our problems is not owning our stadium, which weren't SISU fault, we're losing so much money because of this and is why we had to mortgage our ticket sales and training ground. Sure there has been mis management, but, they were picking up a train wreck anyway!

To attribute all our problems to SISU is naive and deluded, the same if you think a knight in shining armour (billionaire) is going to come and spend our way to the prem. Only people who will take us over are people like SISU who want to make profit.

The hypocrisy on this forum is rather amusing at times!

torchomatic

Not singlehandedly they didn't. It was on its knees well before SISU turned up. If you remember, it was them or administration.

I welcome the news.

They destroyed our club.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Good job they're doing something different then and trying to buy a part the stadium. Revenue is the only way out of this mess we're in.

Insanity :
doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Last edited:

Astute

I think reality has hit home for SISU.

They have lost a lot of money on us so far. They have no chance of getting it back unless we are successful. Costcutting does not bring success. We have about the biggest player budget for the league we are in. They didn't make Shaw the manager when he would have been the cheapest option. They have put money into starting the process of owning our ground. We may be at the bottom of the table at the moment, but to me things are looking much better. They will receive a 6 figure sum from the Arsenal game. This shows that winning games earns money. Winning league games will bring fans back. Losing games keeps fans away.

I am not saying I trust SISU yet, but they seem to be taking things more seriously at last. We have players good enough to go on a good run. Robins has a chance of becoming a big name with us. The season has just started. A few wins will have us fly up the table. It would be great for morale. I still see us finishing minimum top 6.

ccfcdan

What about our previous owners? McGinity and his crooks who sold Highfiel Rd got us in this mess! The SAME owners that allowed us to get relegated from the prem, because they spent way too much money? What about the owners who had us 30 minutes away from admin before SISU took us over?

More to than SISU, they've made mistakes, but they're better than our previous owners this century!

If you forget about them, then you're a hypocite, plain and simple!

Your right, I hate Richardson in equal measure. Him 'taking a punt' on us started the rot. However at least it bought about some good times. Sisu should of known better. Before coming in they were aware of the situation and therefore they should of stuck to the plan, If they contiuned where they had started under Ranson we would not be in league one and at our lowest point for 50 years.

ccfcway

. I still see us finishing minimum top 6.

73 points needed last year, well we have the 3

So Robins needs 70 points from his 39 games

W20 D10 L9

Barton, Kilbane et al really better start pulling their socks up !

valiant15

Taylor,i bet you were loving it when we used to beat the chelsea's and arsenal's at highfield rd,i bet you never complained when we were spending 6m+ on keane&bellamy etc. Nobody knew about the money problems back then. Richardson stiched us,we all know that,im not condoning it but as said above at least it was in the top flight and was exciting. What have sisu done? The debt is higher and we're now in the 3rd division down the bottom with a piss poor squad of freebie players that nobody else wanted.

Sky Blues

hear hear...

They have been a cancer in our club for the last 5 years BUT

They have apologised.
They have committed to the club for 3 years more financially.
They went out a secured a squad that their manager believed could compete.
Now they've secured half the stadium by playing hardball.

Yes it might be a bit late but they are finally becoming the owners that people have been after.

It may all be a way of making the club attractive so they can sell up. Who knows but if that happens people will be even happier.

I'm not a SISU supporter in any shape or form and were dead against them coming in in the first place but I think they are finally working hard, perhaps to protect their assest, but working hard no the less to make it work.

Just my opinion though there are some who will never forgive them. I certainly haven't but things are moving in the right direction currently regarding them and their interest in the club.

Have they committed to the club financially for three years or have they set out a three year plan with a budget for this year?

torchomatic

Oh, that's OK. then. Richardson fucked the club up, but "it was exciting".

Taylor,i bet you were loving it when we used to beat the chelsea's and arsenal's at highfield rd,i bet you never complained when we were spending 6m+ on keane&bellamy etc. Nobody knew about the money problems back then. Richardson stiched us,we all know that,im not condoning it but as said above at least it was in the top flight and was exciting. What have sisu done? The debt is higher and we're now in the 3rd division down the bottom with a piss poor squad of freebie players that nobody else wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread