SISU (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Agree regarding the pitch I doubt we would of gone up playing on that shit at the Ricoh after the insects have ripped it to pieces

which is why its bizarre that Boddy is saying we need to get back there and MR saying we need to own our own ground

SkyBlueScottie

Yes I do - I would like to hear them congratulate the Manager and the team in public.
I also want them to say thank you to me & others for attending home & away games this season.
I want them to let us know the plan going forward as far as the stadium/Ricoh/St Andrews goes. (The truth even if its shit or if they dont know tell us that).
Sepalla has put out statements before congratulating Robins, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another such statement. However I don't give a shit either way. I dare say Robins does either as he seems to have a relationship with Seppala unlike other managers who hardly met with her. As for being thanked, I'm pretty sure fans were thanked in every programme article which came from the boardroom, the club also tweet every game, thanking the fans for their support. Again, it doesn't need to come from Sisu. To be honest, I don't even feel the need for the club to thank me for supporting them. Stadium plan going forward is a return to the Ricoh, we all know that.

jim20

Tim Fisher must do a half decent job at something. I watched the video the other day of when we moved to Northampton and he said fans would be there when we played and did well. We did do well and that never happened. He comes across cocky and arrogant, very poor at building a relationship with the fans especially when you look at Boddy and Robins relationship with the fans. However to still be working for SISU who seem to be pretty ruthless, he must be doing something right.

Sky Blue Pete

What errors have they realised Pete? I think we got lucky with the timing of the Wilson and Maddison deals, as it is mainly the income from those that has given the sustainability, rather than anything special that Joy has done.
Obvious but they couldn’t continue spending money they didn’t have. That’s it really. A little of Tim Fisher taking a back seat and allowing those at the club to be free to do their jobs and you do know the Maddison deal was made to help the club long term and it has. An excellent transfer that has supported the evolution of the club

rob9872

Need to be back in Coventry before we can offer a fair appraisal

jim20

Obvious but they couldn’t continue spending money they didn’t have. That’s it really. A little of Tim Fisher taking a back seat and allowing those at the club to be free to do their jobs and you do know the Maddison deal was made to help the club long term and it has. An excellent transfer that has supported the evolution of the club

it’s ashame the Wilson deal hasn’t done so well. You feel that Bournemouth pushed us down on upfront price due to our situation, and we put some good sell on clauses which have never materialised. Bournemouth were laughing then.

Sky Blue Pete

it’s ashame the Wilson deal hasn’t done so well. You feel that Bournemouth pushed us down on upfront price due to our situation, and we put some good sell on clauses which have never materialised. Bournemouth were laughing then.
If they go down he’ll leave

Rusty Trombone

Well you're certainly a glass half full kind of man, in fact you'd probably say it's 75% full. I'd say these are the absolute basics, so to get 8 out of 10 seems on the generous side, but lets see what transpires over the next few weeks/months.

Sky Blue Pete

Well you're certainly a glass half full kind of man, in fact you'd probably say it's 75% full. I'd say these are the absolute basics, so to get 8 out of 10 seems on the generous side, but lets see what transpires over the next few weeks/months.
True and I am mostly. They are basics and then the recruitment of robins and boddy has been a masterstroke hasn’t it?

Rusty Trombone

True and I am mostly. They are basics and then the recruitment of robins and boddy has been a masterstroke hasn’t it?
If everyone they recruited had been great then you could argue they are the masters of recruitment, but of course Robins has done superbly. I don't really have an opinion on Boddy, but if he's in any way responsible for Fisher keeping quiet then that's a benefit.

usskyblue

Not sure what people want from this thread..we’ve hammered this shit to death for years.

For the millionth time, they fucked up royally in the past and they’ve done some good things in the last few years. ...including protecting the club from the council and Wasps.

Basically, if you only blame SISU after all that’s come out in the last couple of years, you’re either stupid, a councilor, a Wasps fan, a Trust member or you work for the local media.

And if you’ll only judge SISU in a good light when the club is back in Coventry ... do us a favour and have a word with fucking Wasps.

skyblue025

We are worse off now than we were when they arrived. The very first thing they should of done was buy Higgs share of the stadium. They have alienated all the people they needed to work with in the City. Lost every court case. Took us out of the City twice. The worst thing they have done by far is split the fanbase. Yes we have had a few good years which I have enjoyed but from a much lower start point. They can't claim to of been a success until we finish higher than 8th which we did under Micky Adams and the last board.

Specs WT-R75

If they can get something like a 10 year lease on the Ricoh at a fraction of the 1.1m we were paying when they took over then you would have to give them "some" kudos.

However, I am fully aware that they are devisive and in order for the entire fan base to move forward we could really do with them selling (not happening any time soon)...

tisza

SISU did what they'd do with any business they took over.
Stopped it haemorrhaging money then restructured it. Cost of this was a drop through the leagues before bouncing back.
They never claimed to be anything other than a hedge fund looking to turn us around financially before selling us on.
Did they overreach themselves as few clubs make a profit? recent history shows there are still many wealthy individuals/groups that will buy football clubs in the vain hope of turning them around. Always seems to be a buyer for football clubs.

Ricoh situation is down to both sides. Court cases aside there was no willing from the Council or Higgs trust to sell to SISU. Stemming back primarily to the conflict over the Ricoh rent which was obviously excessive for the club. Did SISU back themselves into a corner and miscalculate that the Council might crumble before the move to Sixfields?
Did they think could use the supporters as a weapon against the Council? Certainly.
Was the Ricoh available at a bargain price? The deal Wasps got show it was so were SISU wrong to try and get it at one? Probably not just went about it the wrong way.
Had they got the Wasps deal for the Ricoh would they still even be here now or used it to sell the club?
Are SISU in it for the long haul? Obviously not it's about the right buyer at the right price.

Would an EU decision in favour of SISU vindicate them? Only partly as it's on one specific issue.

CCFC is about emotions for us supporters - not finances or relationships with Councils etc. That's the battering we've taken over the years - SISU put a financial price on something that we put an emotional price on.

Sick Boy

We are worse off now than we were when they arrived. The very first thing they should of done was buy Higgs share of the stadium. They have alienated all the people they needed to work with in the City. Lost every court case. Took us out of the City twice. The worst thing they have done by far is split the fanbase. Yes we have had a few good years which I have enjoyed but from a much lower start point. They can't claim to of been a success until we finish higher than 8th which we did under Micky Adams and the last board.
They were guided by Ranson he didn’t see any benefit in purchasing the stadium.

Jcap

Makes not a jot of difference now, but IIRC had't SISU set up a deal with Yorkshire Bank (I think they were ones who financed ACL loan) to refinance at a fraction of the original cost, but ACL/Council went behind their (SISU) back and made their own deal with the bank, which is when the council took on the 17m loan or whatever the amount was?

tisza

Makes not a jot of difference now, but IIRC had't SISU set up a deal with Yorkshire Bank (I think they were ones who financed ACL loan) to refinance at a fraction of the original cost, but ACL/Council went behind their (SISU) back and made their own deal with the bank, which is when the council took on the 17m loan or whatever the amount was?
Think it came out in one of the judicial reviews that Yorkshire Bank weren't prepared to write off anything and SISU were looking to restructure but nothing came of it.
Both sides were talking to the bank.
Weren't there emails about keeping SISU talking/busy whilst other side tried to put together a deal with the bank?

JulianDarbyFTW

If you look at it objectively, the club is on a sounder financial footing (COVID aside) than it has been in years, the club has a playing identity and an academy that is a conveyor belt to the first team, and a fan base that is seeing - albeit short term - consistent success. It seems like everyone at the club is finally on the same page, and that includes SISU.

jto123

If we got back there as owners it makes sense we get to have a good pitch and the revenue generated

Exactly. I think Boddy and Robins are coming from a financial point of view which I get, but the quality of football will also affect revenue.

tisza

What a motley crew when you think of the last 4 or 5 eh?!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Seriously how far back do you go for good chairman? None spring to mind last 20 odd years possibly all the way back to Poynton (who had his faults)

The coventrian

Take us through the last 4 years then my friend. What’s been the timeline and what evidence do you have to show nothing has changed?
Oh you mean because we had a play off promotion out of the bottom tier and a gifted title from league 1 that all of a sudden seppalla is now the next jack Walker? We're still a homeless club arent we? Why hasnt she sorted that as shes had 7 years. Sorry I forgot sisu are now the best owners we've ever had. Just because you've been tapped up by her the majority still dont want them here.

cc84cov

Oh you mean because we had a play off promotion out of the bottom tier and a gifted title from league 1 that all of a sudden seppalla is now the next jack Walker? We're still a homeless club arent we? Why hasnt she sorted that as shes had 7 years. Sorry I forgot sisu are now the best owners we've ever had. Just because you've been tapped up by her the majority still dont want them here.
Youve opened yourself up here I think mate we haven’t been gifted it was clear to see who the stand out side was in the division I’ll also add the reason we have Robins & Boddy at the helm is due to sisu also the players he was able to bring in is down to them,they’ve made mistakes in the past but I feel credit where credit is due on us now being back in the championship,saying that I still would like new owners given the choice.

NorthernWisdom

Take us through the last 4 years then my friend. What’s been the timeline and what evidence do you have to show nothing has changed?
Well, we've managed to see our average gate decline savagely, increased badwill and division among fans, and us sink to our lowest ever league position. You could say the only way is up from that, but then when you're at a low base it's easier to look good. The principles are still the same and, on a purely footballing level, ever since Fisher came in the decisions we've made have been perfectly rational. Some have worked, some haven't (Slade) but the thinking has been clear whenever we've done something. The fact Robins is doing such a fantastic job is testament to him and his ability that he can ride through the chaos elsewhere in the club but...

Now the current crisis might actually fall into our laps that it might level the financial playing field somewhat, but we're by no means fit for purpose as a football *club* yet. The team is excellent, the wins have been excellent, but the base is still fractured.

Users who are viewing this thread