SISU (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Youve opened yourself up here I think mate we haven’t been gifted it was clear to see who the stand out side was in the division I’ll also add the reason we have Robins & Boddy at the helm is due to sisu also the players he was able to bring in is down to them,they’ve made mistakes in the past but I feel credit where credit is due on us now being back in the championship,saying that I still would like new owners given the choice.
Wasting your time mate. Some people just need clear goodies and baddies in life so they know who to blame stuff on. Don’t upset the equilibrium their whole world explodes!

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, we've managed to see our average gate decline savagely, increased badwill and division among fans, and us sink to our lowest ever league position. You could say the only way is up from that, but then when you're at a low base it's easier to look good. The principles are still the same and, on a purely footballing level, ever since Fisher came in the decisions we've made have been perfectly rational. Some have worked, some haven't (Slade) but the thinking has been clear whenever we've done something. The fact Robins is doing such a fantastic job is testament to him and his ability that he can ride through the chaos elsewhere in the club but...

Now the current crisis might actually fall into our laps that it might level the financial playing field somewhat, but we're by no means fit for purpose as a football *club* yet. The team is excellent, the wins have been excellent, but the base is still fractured.

Bang on here

Sky Blue Pete

Oh you mean because we had a play off promotion out of the bottom tier and a gifted title from league 1 that all of a sudden seppalla is now the next jack Walker? We're still a homeless club arent we? Why hasnt she sorted that as shes had 7 years. Sorry I forgot sisu are now the best owners we've ever had. Just because you've been tapped up by her the majority still dont want them here.
You could just answer the question rather than engage in petty insults and squabbles. Do you have an answer?

Is it all good luck or robins or transfers or Vivash or maybe just maybe some of the credit goes to the owner? I’m happy for you to say no it doesn’t but just want to hear your reasoning? I’m not certain that a majority do want a change of ownership, certainly not of active fans and we need to be careful as Sisu were the knights in shining armour for some.

Sky Blue Pete

Well, we've managed to see our average gate decline savagely, increased badwill and division among fans, and us sink to our lowest ever league position. You could say the only way is up from that, but then when you're at a low base it's easier to look good. The principles are still the same and, on a purely footballing level, ever since Fisher came in the decisions we've made have been perfectly rational. Some have worked, some haven't (Slade) but the thinking has been clear whenever we've done something. The fact Robins is doing such a fantastic job is testament to him and his ability that he can ride through the chaos elsewhere in the club but...

Now the current crisis might actually fall into our laps that it might level the financial playing field somewhat, but we're by no means fit for purpose as a football *club* yet. The team is excellent, the wins have been excellent, but the base is still fractured.
Yep nothing to disagree with in that! Very well said

Magwitch

All I want now from sisu is their stadium plans, Ricoh or new build, we can’t be nomadic forever and wouldn’t be allowed to be. Likely to be bcd for a while so there’s time to sort this and be honest.

Irish Sky Blue

Take us through the last 4 years then my friend. What’s been the timeline and what evidence do you have to show nothing has changed?
The last four years have finally seen success on the pitch, albeit at a low level (the level they took us to). In that 4 years we have seen a continuation of legal action, a period where the head of the academy was touring school playing fields to see if one was a viable academy site as it looked like we were being kicked out of the Higgs Centre (reprieve due to Wasps incompetence, not anything Sisu did), a doubt about the future of Ryton that in typical Sisu fashion is left unresolved (wasn't Fisher looking at new sites that for commercially sensitive reasons couldn't be revealed). In the past 4 years Fisher has said that the Butt's is the place we want to play, the Ricoh has always been plan A, we are building our own stadium, yet once again we are playing our football out of the city. Yes this is down to Wasps too but if Sisu truly had the interests of the club at heart would they have put the EU complaint forward?
As regards to monetary support, fair enough, all moneys raised through transfers seem to have been put back into the club but this cuts down dramatically on Sisu having to put their own money in to keep the club going.
The appointment of Robins was a masterstroke but was made by the same people who thought Venus and then Slade would do a good job. I think they have seen what Robins and Boddy are doing and have wisely stepped back and let them get on with it. If they deserve any praise it is perhaps for that. In my view nothing much has changed from them. However, I would trust Robins and he obviously feels that Seppala is telling him the truth on the stadium situation. Surely time to move forward then on building our own ground which they still insist is their objective.

Sky Blue Pete

The last four years have finally seen success on the pitch, albeit at a low level (the level they took us to). In that 4 years we have seen a continuation of legal action, a period where the head of the academy was touring school playing fields to see if one was a viable academy site as it looked like we were being kicked out of the Higgs Centre (reprieve due to Wasps incompetence, not anything Sisu did), a doubt about the future of Ryton that in typical Sisu fashion is left unresolved (wasn't Fisher looking at new sites that for commercially sensitive reasons couldn't be revealed). In the past 4 years Fisher has said that the Butt's is the place we want to play, the Ricoh has always been plan A, we are building our own stadium, yet once again we are playing our football out of the city. Yes this is down to Wasps too but if Sisu truly had the interests of the club at heart would they have put the EU complaint forward?
As regards to monetary support, fair enough, all moneys raised through transfers seem to have been put back into the club but this cuts down dramatically on Sisu having to put their own money in to keep the club going.
The appointment of Robins was a masterstroke but was made by the same people who thought Venus and then Slade would do a good job. I think they have seen what Robins and Boddy are doing and have wisely stepped back and let them get on with it. If they deserve any praise it is perhaps for that. In my view nothing much has changed from them. However, I would trust Robins and he obviously feels that Seppala is telling him the truth on the stadium situation. Surely time to move forward then on building our own ground which they still insist is their objective.
Again some good balance in that for me

shmmeee

We’re still in a worse position than we started from. They’ve lucked out with Robins and Viveash but continue to show themselves as completely incompetent at the stuff in their purview. By all accounts we aren’t close to being the Championship club they took over (seemingly planning to keep costs low and hope for a miracle from Robins again). We are in a far worse position in terms of ground and fan base. They’ve either completely fumbled the new ground plan or have been outright lying to fans for years.

Long way to go before we’re even back to neutral let alone good owners. It’s been if buts and maybes for almost a decade, time for some results.

Sky Blue Pete

Would love SISU to show plans for a new stadium within 2 miles of Coventry City Centre, cant really see it happening though.
I don’t think there’s any space that close to the city centre. I really hope that some concrete plans can be announced at the same time as a longish term deal at the Ricoh. Anything else would look like a negotiating tactic

Sky Blue Pete

We’re still in a worse position than we started from. They’ve lucked out with Robins and Viveash but continue to show themselves as completely incompetent at the stuff in their purview. By all accounts we aren’t close to being the Championship club they took over (seemingly planning to keep costs low and hope for a miracle from Robins again). We are in a far worse position in terms of ground and fan base. They’ve either completely fumbled the new ground plan or have been outright lying to fans for years.

Long way to go before we’re even back to neutral let alone good owners. It’s been if buts and maybes for almost a decade, time for some results.
This is really good balance and maybe I should drop my last 4 years score down to a 7?

Ground and fan base are key components for sure

Magwitch

[QUOTE=" They’ve either completely fumbled the new ground plan or have been outright lying to fans for year

.[/QUOTE]
Just a proposed location will do for now.

Sky Blue Pete

[QUOTE=" They’ve either completely fumbled the new ground plan or have been outright lying to fans for year

Just a proposed location will do for now.[/QUOTE]
Won’t get that until it’s been purchased etc etc. It’s a good question though I wonder what would show some progress and be possible.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wembley win. Hey, since Fisher's been chairman we've been to Wembley twice, won promotion twice, got our first top 6 finish in however long, followed by our first league title in even longer.

Statue of Fisher outside our new ground when it happens?

Relegated twice, lowest ever league position, two seasons of exile. You know I like to put a positive spin on things.

Skyblueweeman

Seriously how far back do you go for good chairman? None spring to mind last 20 odd years possibly all the way back to Poynton (who had his faults)
Yeah, that's what I mean. Think you're right there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBT

If we go 2-0 down before half-time, and then the manager finds a way to get it back to 2-2 then they deserve credit for turning it around, but I'm not going to start campaigning for them to win Manager of the Month because we're back where we started.

usskyblue

Seriously how far back do you go for good chairman? None spring to mind last 20 odd years possibly all the way back to Poynton (who had his faults)

The usual suspects won’t answer questions like this. They prefer to generalize, conveniently forget the utter scumbags that preceded...and have the brass balls to blame SISU for moving to Birmingham..even though not doing so threatened the very existence of the club.
SISU fucked up many times... but they join a long list of arseholes, past and present that want to see us fail. IMO .. in the last few years, SISU have run the club as well as anyone.

And for those with a selective memory...Sky Blue Blood Robins fucked off fo Huddersfield. Proof that everyone is out for themselves and everyone makes mistakes. Thank fuck SISU took him back.

fernandopartridge

It's about time we had one of these threads.

No, they deserve no real credit aside from making the correct appointment in Robins and keeping out of football affairs.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Honestly, you need to show more objectivity to have any credibility in your arguments. This whole every negative is big bad sisu's fault and every positive is them "lucking out" or a "miracle" just makes people sound like a spoilt child - it's pathetic really.

shmmeee

Honestly, you need to show more objectivity to have any credibility in your arguments. This whole every negative is big bad sisu's fault and every positive is them "lucking out" or a "miracle" just sounds like a spoilt child.

Pathetic.

Says the man whose only argument is to call me a pathetic spoilt child.

How many managers have we had since Sisu arrived? How many have been successful? That would suggest more luck than judgement, no?

As for the rest of your rant, well...

oldfiver

The usual suspects won’t answer questions like this. They prefer to generalize, conveniently forget the utter scumbags that preceded...and have the brass balls to blame SISU for moving to Birmingham..even though not doing so threatened the very existence of the club.
SISU fucked up many times... but they join a long list of arseholes, past and present that want to see us fail. IMO .. in the last few years, SISU have run the club as well as anyone.

And for those with a selective memory...Sky Blue Blood Robins fucked off fo Huddersfield. Proof that everyone is out for themselves and everyone makes mistakes. Thank fuck SISU took him back.

It was actually Fisher who got him back

robbiekeane

Says the man whose only argument is to call me a pathetic spoilt child.

How many managers have we had since Sisu arrived? How many have been successful? That would suggest more luck than judgement, no?

As for the rest of your rant, well...
I actually carefully crafted my words to give me enough wiggle room to argue that it wasn't directly insulting yourself haha, because you're normally a decent poster.

Does frustrate me though - you can't say bringing Mark Robins back was just luck...they obviously got on well before and realised we were in the shit and got someone back in who knew the club and was likely to turn it around. They also gave him an improved contract when Sunderland came sniffing around. Obviously there's been loads of managers but are we the only club who have had a high turnover of managers? No.

Back to your point - why aren't we close to being the championship club they took over? We were literally on the brink of going under before, had a massive wage bill, a shit squad and locked into a really shitty rent deal at a stadium we don't own.

Now we have a (nearly) sustainable business model and have a short term (probably) shitty rent deal at a stadium we don't own.

The coventrian

I don’t think there’s any space that close to the city centre. I really hope that some concrete plans can be announced at the same time as a longish term deal at the Ricoh. Anything else would look like a negotiating tactic
No offence Pete but when will you realise that sisu have been lieing to us all and continue to lie to us all about a new stadium? Your not this gullible surely? Its lies lies lies. How are they allowed to get away with this for so long? 7/8 years is it now?
They're taking the piss as they know a lot of our fans will suck it up and say nothing to them.

Sky Blue Pete

No offence Pete but when will you realise that sisu have been lieing to us all and continue to lie to us all about a new stadium? Your not this gullible surely? Its lies lies lies. How are they allowed to get away with this for so long? 7/8 years is it now?
They're taking the piss as they know a lot of our fans will suck it up and say nothing to them.
Fair enough I don’t agree and am pretty balanced when it comes to gullibility but I know I’m naive

cc84cov

We all know they have no intention on building a stadium they will be hoping they get some luck with the EU Complaint or wasps go bust they want the Ricoh and the Ricoh only

Sky Blue Pete

We all know they have no intention on building a stadium they will be hoping they get some luck with the EU Complaint or wasps go bust they want the Ricoh and the Ricoh only
We don’t all know that at all. We all assume based on previous promises and aims. Both mark and I were surprised and for the first time ever thought is this for real?

cc84cov

We don’t all know that at all. We all assume based on previous promises and aims. Both mark and I were surprised and for the first time ever thought is this for real?
Pete there is no chance sisu are gonna build a stadium mate not a chance in the world they wand the Ricoh it’s tactical talks

Users who are viewing this thread