SISU (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Ok time for some controversy :)

From SISU coming in the ground situations Northampton & Brum followed by 2 relegations from the championship to league 2,to then win 2 promotions and give us a manager in robins who has guided us back into the championship,how does everyone view SISU now ? Do they deserve any credit ?

JoshCCFC1987

They’ve only sorted out the mess the created themselves in the first place so I’m like if someone wants to buy us yes please but I’m not going to demand they leave atm but things can change very quickly so we shall wait and see

SkyBlueScottie

Why even think about them. They are here. Probably not going anywhere for a while. The club ( apart from remains debt) is being ran better than it has for a long time. We have Robins, and a seemingly decent staff working for him.

block16

Overall they have been a net negative to the club and put us through some shit however the last few years have been class. The stadium situation was inherited although horrendously handled at first. Recent years have seen a common sense approach and a view to getting the right people in the right positions. Ultimately it's down to whose running the club and the team of Dave Boddy and Robins makes an even bigger joke of Ken Dulue and Andy thorn years. We're on an upward trajectory and the sensible financial management makes us a decent prospect to a potential buyer

christonabike

Don’t look back in anger. Look at the floor and you won’t see the stars.
Let’s just put it behind us shall we? I will be a twat if we want to be negative wankers looking to piss on our chips.
“We wouldn’t of got promoted on the Ricoh pitch that looks like a ploughed field. Look at the photos where it was coming up blah blah”.
Give it a fooking rest will you. It’s been done to death people don’t agree and it’s probably taken 70% of this forums space up. Nothing you or me will say or give opinions on will change what they do.
Anyways Pump it up City’s going up..........

Monners

Why even think about them. They are here. Probably not going anywhere for a while. The club ( apart from remains debt) is being ran better than it has for a long time. We have Robins, and a seemingly decent staff working for him.
Good post mate.

As someone else has said we are back where they found us (on the pitch). We need new owners, but a chance now to consolidate with Robins and his staff

jto123

I still feel they are a huge negative on the club. I also feel they are really dependent on Robins. If he goes, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up in trouble once more.

Magwitch

Overall they have been a net negative to the club and put us through some shit however the last few years have been class. The stadium situation was inherited although horrendously handled at first. Recent years have seen a common sense approach and a view to getting the right people in the right positions. Ultimately it's down to whose running the club and the team of Dave Boddy and Robins makes an even bigger joke of Ken Dulue and Andy thorn years. We're on an upward trajectory and the sensible financial management makes us a decent prospect to a potential buyer
I would say the further sisu have stepped back the better we have done, I include Tim Fisher in that statement.

Brighton Sky Blue

Good point, I feel more confident entering the Championship with them than the final season with Thorn and Dulieu

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality is we are back to where we were when they first came. The championship...

We’ve got no home now but the club is running at a sustainable level like a normal business. But with no home makes it a pretty crap situation. This summer could be crucial for securing the long term future of the club with a long term Ricoh deal...

then the club can really push on.

Magwitch

I would have more faith in them if they came clean with whatever stadium plans they have, IF they are serious about a new stadium tell us and show us where.

tom88

I just hope the Sisu out chants don’t start next season if we’re in the bottom 3. Next season would be a success if we stay up in my opinion. We should just enjoy the ride

Woolly68

Wait to see what the next 12 months brings, in terms of team performance, Club profitability and whether the feel good factor is still there. Still a lot of unfinished business and unknowns off the pitch which need to be addressed in the coming year. Can’t deny we are on the up since the drop into L2. Quietly confident here. SISU have a great opportunity to make themselves the fans darlings this coming season if our Championship season goes well (I’m not betting on promotion though).

GaryJones

Serious question as I might have missed it due to being off my brains with the joy of promotion - Have SISU issued a statement of ANY kind since we got promoted?

Halftime Orange

We have pretty much been on a wander in the wilderness over the last 8 years with joy and timmy with very dark times indeed and we seem to have lost a stadium along the way.
If there is a good plan, investment and we get back into the Ricoh then we are pretty much back to where we were all that time ago...
Remember Ray Ranson and Chris Coleman? That seems like a lifetime ago.

GaryJones

do you really want them to?
Yes I do - I would like to hear them congratulate the Manager and the team in public.
I also want them to say thank you to me & others for attending home & away games this season.
I want them to let us know the plan going forward as far as the stadium/Ricoh/St Andrews goes. (The truth even if its shit or if they dont know tell us that).

fatso

They’ve only sorted out the mess the created themselves in the first place so I’m like if someone wants to buy us yes please but I’m not going to demand they leave atm but things can change very quickly so we shall wait and see
TBF we were on the brink I of going out of business when they came in and saved us. If I remember there wasnt anyone else willing to pump money into a basket case of a club that had been run by complete tossers for far too long.

Having said that, I'd be delighted if they sold us and gave someone else a chance to bring us home.

ccfcway

Dec 2007 - SISU took over Coventry in the Championship and they saved us from going into adminstration and wiped off our debt
June 2019 - SISU own Coventry in the Championship, we play in Birmingham and are several 10's of millions in debt to them

id say 5/10, improving, but must do better

Grendel

Dec 2007 - SISU took over Coventry in the Championship and they saved us from going into adminstration and wiped off our debt
June 2019 - SISU own Coventry in the Championship, we play in Birmingham and are several 10's of millions in debt to them

id say 5/10, improving, but must do better

We are less than 20 million in debt and a lot less than 2007

Sky Blue Pete

I think they are better doing their jobs and their job is to manage the business and allow boddy and robins to sort out the footballing side. I’m biased as I’ve seen the owners passion for our club face to face. They deserve credit for realising their errors and enabling us to move forward sustainably and have something worthwhile to oversee and maybe pass on to the next owner. They get an 8/10 for the last 3 years from me. Probably a 3 for the time before. Perfect before next season would be sustainable deal at ricoh while a new stadium is built but even with huge sky blue glasses that would be as likely as us winning a trophy and being promoted twice in three seasons

Magwitch

Who are our owners, or is it owner ? now Dermot Coleman has left sisu. I am hoping JS has looked at ccfc and realised if she wants a profitable business for her investors it won’t happen the way Fisher was running it.

NortonSkyBlue

let’s get back home, let’s get behind the club and team and support the next phase of our evolution. We are not out of the woods yet but thankfully faith has been restored in our club and we can all take pride in the Mark Robins era.
Success just a year ago was survival as a club, well in adversity we did so much more. Thanks to all involved.

jto123

I know this is running over the same arguments and I want us to play at the Ricoh more than anybody, but they have to get guarantees that the pitch will be in a good condition all year round. I can't remember us playing such attractive football and it would be a shame if our own stadium worked against us.

Mcbean

I am with Pete they have kept a low profile and let Boddy and Robins get on with it - communication on the CCFC site has been good - Behind the scenes I have no doubt they have shared their thanks with our superheroes ! It was refreshing not to hear the Sisu out chant at St Andrews

BigadamL

I honestly think now looking back if they would have communicated better from the start we would of excepted most of the things they have done.
At the time when they have done most stuff I have been raging ‘how dare they’ but we are a company that now appears to be run better with what appears to be a business model, if they were to have the stadium or 50% of the stadium people would say they were decent owners but just don’t communicate very well.

Im not a SISU lover but actually are they THAT bad? I personally think it’s more fishers big mouth that is more the problem

Rusty Trombone

I think they are better doing their jobs and their job is to manage the business and allow boddy and robins to sort out the footballing side. I’m biased as I’ve seen the owners passion for our club face to face. They deserve credit for realising their errors and enabling us to move forward sustainably and have something worthwhile to oversee and maybe pass on to the next owner. They get an 8/10 for the last 3 years from me. Probably a 3 for the time before. Perfect before next season would be sustainable deal at ricoh while a new stadium is built but even with huge sky blue glasses that would be as likely as us winning a trophy and being promoted twice in three seasons
What errors have they realised Pete? I think we got lucky with the timing of the Wilson and Maddison deals, as it is mainly the income from those that has given the sustainability, rather than anything special that Joy has done.

Users who are viewing this thread