SISU will never build a new Stadium (2 Viewers)

Grendel

The fact that both Tim and Joy have said we've moved on from the Ricoh leads some to conclude that we're not going back there. Therefore we must either be stuck at Sixfields forever or building a new stadium as otherwise it means Tim and Joy are lying. I'd rather be back at the Ricoh but that according to our owners isn't going to happen.

When the club was offered £400,000 rent and told that was the final offer was that a lie?

James Smith

When the club was offered £400,000 rent and told that was the final offer was that a lie?

Depends, what other offers have been made to Otium since that one?

letsallsingtogether

Not at the time.
last birthday I told everyone I was 50 this year that would be a lie.

Things change and move on they were negotiations, when your in Spain the Lucky Lucky man tells you this is the price until you move away then it changes thats business.

I thought you were supposed to be business minded?

blend

So if 99% of us don't believe it to be true that means 99% of us believe it to be bullshit. How many of us are happy with bullshit then? It seems to be more than 1%. Or do ppeople just want to believe when really they don't? Weird!

Matty_CCFC

Not at the time.
last birthday I told everyone I was 50 this year that would be a lie.

Things change and move on they were negotiations, when your in Spain the Lucky Lucky man tells you this is the price until you move away then it changes thats business.

I thought you were supposed to be business minded?

So how old are you?

BrisbaneBronco

Personally, I am getting tired of this will they wont they build a new stadium.
They claim that building a new stadium is plan a) and a return to the Ricoh is plan b) (This does not make sense)
Their plan a) could take 5 years to materialise and revenue streams would be catastrophic in the meantime. Not only that, the stadium would be poor/small in quality v Ricoh.
A return to the Ricoh could happen next week if a deal could be struck. SISU would want to own the whole lot and want ACL completely out of the picture. Deep down I think SISU realise that this will not be possible, hence it is there plan b).
So whatever their plans are, it needs to be sorted. We will not survive 5 years at Northampton. SISU's only hope could be promotion this season which would be worth 5m, and the hope of larger crowds next season. At the moment, this is looking more likely than their plans a) and b).

cloughie

So if 99% of us don't believe it to be true that means 99% of us believe it to be bullshit. How many of us are happy with bullshit then? It seems to be more than 1%. Or do ppeople just want to believe when really they don't? Weird!

No some just believed the bullshit and now slowly are realizing it is bullshit and now have a pride issue of admitting they were wrong and conned

James Smith

James Smith said:
James Smith said:
The fact that both Tim and Joy have said we've moved on from the Ricoh leads some to conclude that we're not going back there. Therefore we must either be stuck at Sixfields forever or building a new stadium as otherwise it means Tim and Joy are lying. I'd rather be back at the Ricoh but that according to our owners isn't going to happen.
Depends, what other offers have been made to Otium since that one?

I worry that every day that passes and we appear to be no closer to being back in Coventry at the Ricoh means we are less likely to go back there. The lack of any news at all about the new stadium just adds to my concerns that we could be exiled at Sixfields for many many more years to come.

Buster

If, which may be the case, otium decide a new build is not practical the only other option is the Ricoh . When the present talks end we will be at the Ricoh or liquidated . it would make no sense for Otium to carry on funding us . if that happens would we have a case against the FA/FL (if they deny any new owner or set up their league position)

WillieStanley

I'm not saying I believe they will but underestimate them at your peril. Most didnt think we'd leave the Ricoh....

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/16908-Leaving-the-Arena/page3?highlight=groundshare

This is another interesting thread. OSB estimating 3-5 years for a new ground being built, other's estimating a cost of around £30m. NLHWC saying it's the only option if relegated. All this in 2011.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...ibly-be-discussed/page2?highlight=groundshare

Last edited:

simple_simon

Does anyone actually believe that SISU/Otium will ever build a new stadium?

I would even be happy totake a wager with anyone that the idea of a new ground is all Bull Shit.

Do not think they will build a new stadium but then I never thought they would be playing in Northampton.
My view is let's start looking at starting a new club, as this one will be dead in. 5 years.

Spionkop

Simon, let's wait until something comes out of the alleged meetings between ACL and Sisu.
If talks break down then fans facing next season at Sixfields will have some hard thinking to do.
Carry on with this Northampton panto or think about rebuilding CCFC in Coventry.
I'm like all other City fans. Want us back in Coventry. But I'm not prepared to wait forever while Sisu hold the club to ransom.
Hang on, wait for something to emerge from these talks. The fact nothing has been said gives me faint hope.

italiahorse

Do not think they will build a new stadium but then I never thought they would be playing in Northampton.
My view is let's start looking at starting a new club, as this one will be dead in. 5 years.

I'll give them until Xmas then move on rather than watch several years of self destruction.
Away games and radio until Xmas then finally I'll finish.
I guess by then I will be glad to be put out my misery.

Grendel

I'll give them until Xmas then move on rather than watch several years of self destruction.
So will we

Grendel

You can have it all your own way after xmas.
You can do absolutely nothing but criticise.
Name one positive contribution you have made to this sad situation.
With fans like you Sisu will survive, you deserve them. CCFC who knows???

Positive contribution? Are you for real?
The average fan on here defines positivity by having one or more of the following opinions;

Club signs players on long contracts - Positive? No - just proof SISU want to sell them and pocket the cash
Club opens new shop in Coventry - Positive? No - looks cheap, no merchandise for sale, fans only going to buy tickets, let's hope it fails
Club says they will spend in January - more proof they will sell
Fans protest about moving out of Coventry and at the same time sell out the only franchise club in England
Anyone who actually wants to question motives of the council and ACL or give some show of support to the club by praising the positive initiatives are given the normal "beloved SISU" diatribe

Still, I am reassured that the majority with this same attitude were also the idiots who were very positive when Thorn was in charge. In other words they haven't a bloody clue.

James Smith

The average fan on here defines positivity by having one or more of the following opinions;

Club signs players on long contracts - Positive? No - just proof SISU want to sell them and pocket the cash
Club opens new shop in Coventry - Positive? No - looks cheap, no merchandise for sale, fans only going to buy tickets, let's hope it fails
Fans protest about moving out of Coventry and at the same time sell out the only franchise club in England
Anyone who actually wants to question motives of the council and ACL or give some show of support to the club by praising the positive initiatives are given the normal "beloved SISU" diatribe

Still, I am reassured that the majority with this same attitude were also the idiots who were very positive when Thorn was in charge. In other words they haven't a bloody clue.
So what other offers were made to the club then? Because the fact that we've seen nothing about the new stadium isn't looking very positive for the credibility of Joy or (don't laugh) Tim.

Last edited:

Grendel

So what other offers were made to the club then? Because the fact that we've seen nothing about the new stadium isn't looking very positive for the credibility of Joy or (don't laugh) Tim.

This theme is proving tiresome. We were all saying the club would never leave the Ricoh - we were wrong. They will try and sieze the Ricoh first. As this is the obvious solution - if not a new build is a possibility. We do not know. Before you drone on about Plan A - please look at political manifestos and the many, many "policy changes" that occur as situations develop

James Smith

This theme is proving tiresome. We were all saying the club would never leave the Ricoh - we were wrong. They will try and sieze the Ricoh first. As this is the obvious solution - if not a new build is a possibility. We do not know. Before you drone on about Plan A - please look at political manifestos and the many, many "policy changes" that occur as situations develop

So hang on you're saying that ACL weren't lying when they made the £400k final offer but that we're possibly being lied to by TF and JS? Because we need as a club need to make our intentions clear about whether we want to go back or not before ACL move on and we can't.

People thought that ACL couldn't survive without us but they haven't gone bust yet and according to them are doing okay (which we only have their word for).

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Joy has already shown a keenness for putting personal disputes above any semblance of business sense by going through with the Northampton move rather than agreeing an interim deal at a venue where the ticketing income alone is 5-10 times greater. It remains a personal agenda and I think will likely end in either the council being pushed out completely from involvement with the Ricoh, or a new ground being built at great expense on top of the heavy losses at Northampton.

In either scenario, she succeeds in making the council look like the bad guy while getting what she wants. CCC still haven't come out and given plans for a sustainable business at the Ricoh without the football club which suggests they're on the back foot here.

Grendel

So hang on you're saying that ACL weren't lying when they made the £400k final offer but that we're possibly being lied to by TF and JS? Because we need as a club need to make our intentions clear about whether we want to go back or not before ACL move on and we can't.

People thought that ACL couldn't survive without us but they haven't gone bust yet and according to them are doing okay (which we only have their word for).

All the evidence suggests long term without the taxpayer funding they will fail -- this however is hypothesis.

As for "lies" I don't know what sugary world of work you are in but I will tell them all the time. I pretend I have half the budget I really do when negotiating a contract. Both sides in this dispute will do the same. Liberals lied about Tuition Fees and the Tories in the 90's famously about VAT. Though no one really lies -- circumstances just change.

italiahorse

.... and your contribution is?

Being an obnoxious prick does not count.

Grendel

.... and your contribution is?

Being an obnoxious prick does not count.

You are really becoming irrelevant on here.

Your put downs are very poor and your insight into events is also lacking considerably.

You now are reduced to cheap insults and a failure to debate any points at all. History on the forum shows you like to be popular, you are a gallery player.

I, on the other hand, have principals and views. These views will not change when the tide on the forum changes.

We know you supported non payment of rent from SISU and we know if they had succeeded to distress ACL and obtain the stadium then you would have backed them. This is evidence from your slavish comments regarding them less than 15 months ago. In fact I could dig some real gems if you want me to and the irony is that you will not find one, not one from me when I offer 100% support to them without significant reservation.

Personally I find you an irrelevance but carry on -- it's easy pickings for me.

italiahorse

You are really becoming irrelevant on here.

Your put downs are very poor and your insight into events is also lacking considerably.

You now are reduced to cheap insults and a failure to debate any points at all. History on the forum shows you like to be popular, you are a gallery player.

I, on the other hand, have principals and views. These views will not change when the tide on the forum changes.

We know you supported non payment of rent from SISU and we know if they had succeeded to distress ACL and obtain the stadium then you would have backed them. This is evidence from your slavish comments regarding them less than 15 months ago. In fact I could dig some real gems if you want me to and the irony is that you will not find one, not one from me when I offer 100% support to them without significant reservation.

Personally I find you an irrelevance but carry on -- it's easy pickings for me.

Your view of me bothers me not.
Come on here spitting garbage and you'll get garbage back.
We all know what your about and you have become another joke poster.
Read the amount of posts dishing you, take it on board and do us all a favour.

Grendel

Your view of me bothers me not.
Come on here spitting garbage and you'll get garbage back.
We all know what your about and you have become another joke poster.
Read the amount of posts dishing you, take it on board and do us all a favour.

Wow what a comeback.

James Smith

All the evidence suggests long term without the taxpayer funding they will fail -- this however is hypothesis.

As for "lies" I don't know what sugary world of work you are in but I will tell them all the time. I pretend I have half the budget I really do when negotiating a contract. Both sides in this dispute will do the same. Liberals lied about Tuition Fees and the Tories in the 90's famously about VAT. Though no one really lies -- circumstances just change.
I work in a shop and if I lie to a customer then my manager will at best seriously reprimand me and at worst sack me. That's before you get to the Trades Description Act, the Sale Of Goods Act etc. which could also apply.

What worries me and has done for some time is the fact that we are currently homeless and we need a home. What if circumstances have changed and ACL have got their act together and don't need us financially as PWKH said on CWR? We are then reliant on them to want us back they don't have to have us back if there is a better offer out there (unlikely but as has been pointed out people thought we'd never actually play in Northampton).

The board of ACL is made up of three parties, namely the Higgs, the Council and independents. What if they are approached by someone else who wants to buy the ACL Lease and the board recommend the deal to the shareholders? The Higgs are apparently keen to sell and the council might decide that the financial position would be better if they sold their shares (or even the freehold if a sensible offer comes in). What if the buyer has deeper pockets than Sisu, where does that leave the club apart from in Northampton hoping that Plan A wasn't BS?

You see I haven't yet found any evidence that ACL have lied to us and so there is a chance that they're not doing so now.

Last edited:

Buster

I wish you had told us you were a liar early doors . I think ,that's the missing jigsaw piece some of us were looking for . I like to read all the outspoken views of all on this site but your curt personal comments are a bit tacky really . Could possibly be something to do with that smug attempt of intelligence you try to put across . Perhaps if you posted less you would have more say . See , you've got me at it now !

Users who are viewing this thread