SISU will never build a new Stadium (1 Viewer)

Matty_CCFC

Does anyone actually believe that SISU/Otium will ever build a new stadium?

I would even be happy totake a wager with anyone that the idea of a new ground is all Bull Shit.

ajsccfc

Withdraw that bet Matty, you can only lose. Betting something will never happen can only pay out at the end of time or the apocalypse.

Grendel

Does anyone actually believe that SISU/Otium will ever build a new stadium?

I would even be happy totake a wager with anyone that the idea of a new ground is all Bull Shit.

Well they are not a construction company so your money is safe.

covcity4life

could this be the next shift for acl fans?

if freehold is sold they will look like losers, i can see them now just saying sisu bought the ricoh cos they were never gonna build a stadium triumphantly

Nonleagueherewecome

could this be the next shift for acl fans?

if freehold is sold they will look like losers, i can see them now just saying sisu bought the ricoh cos they were never gonna build a stadium triumphantly

There are no ACL fans, just CCFC fans.

fernandopartridge

Well, strictly speaking, SISU will never build a new stadium, a construction company might.

It won't happen and the news about it is patchy at best. I don't think it's a terrible idea on the face of it, it's just the other caveats that surround it.

Sky Blue Dal

I'm not saying I believe they will but underestimate them at your peril. Most didnt think we'd leave the Ricoh....

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/16908-Leaving-the-Arena/page3?highlight=groundshare

It' was much easier for them to leave the Ricoh than them building a new Highfield 2 stadium. You forget, it did not cost them anything to leave the Ricoh but to build Highfield 2, it sure will.

Now that is the snag they are facing, there poker face is not doing it. I still believe that ACL are in more control than Sisu are.

wince

What do you reckon, wince?

"It will be in the Coventry area, we've got a number of sites both in the north and all around the Coventry boundary. They are very, very close.

"Ideally I'd like to get exclusivity on two, simply because it gives you the right to exclusive negotiation to close them and, frankly, you don't go into the final furlong of a horse race (with one), you want to get two lined up.

"Then we'll have the whole development of the scheme, the masterplan and all the commissioning that will be required.

"On Friday, we've got the beauty parade of architects, we've got the highways consultant - we are pushing like crazy."

Fisher, who plans to bring Coventry fans on board for full consultation, added: "The model is Rotherham's New York Stadium, it's a great stadium. It's modular so it grows as the club grows.

"Attendance? Around 18,000, and I will argue that 18,000 is enough. Then if things go well over time, it grows.

"Also, all around the bottom of the site, we want to add a scheme and that is going to be where the real value is in this because there will be a mix of commercial, residential - again, depending on the final site we go with.

"And this is why I really like Rotherham United's model because it's set up so they're building a hotel, it's by the river Rother where it's designated as regeneration so built into the bottom of the stadium are retail units, cafes, you name it, it's brilliant."
lol

Buster

If the " new" stadium fails to materialise ,how do the supporters willing to go along with sisu ,otium , sky blue leisure's plans feel knowing theve been misled

J

Jack Griffin

Personally I think they will build one if SISU don't buy the Ricoh lock stock & barrel.

However if they do build a stadium I think it would be about 9 miles away from Coventry Centre & if it is I won't be going.

NorthernWisdom

Personally I think they will build one if SISU don't buy the Ricoh lock stock & barrel.

However if they do build a stadium I think it would be about 9 miles away from Coventry Centre & if it is I won't be going.

Have to say I'd be surprised if they did.

Then delighted if they did.

Then somewhat less than delighted when it popped up in Princethorpe!

J

Jack Griffin

Then somewhat less than delighted when it popped up in Princethorpe!

More seriously, I've posted 2 or 3 times my idea where it could be.. next to the new HS2 interchange at Birmingham, where the roads are in place & money is flowing towards from numerous sources.. but that won't be in Coventry!
This is where I mean, this is 8.7miles from Earl St
birmingham-airport-site.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Buster

What an amazing roll of the dice that would be ! 40 million blown away in 7 years ,and then throw another 30 chasing the losses. No I doubt it . Tim and Joy have been backtracking just recently and that is no way to enter talks with ccc. I'm afraid it's humble pie on the menu or kiss goodbye to 40 million . Shame because they had most supporters behind them until the rental fracas. They showed their colours and we didn't like what we saw .

shmmeee

How would that fit in with the NEC? Surely it's cannibalising the market?

Then again, Byng has links with HS2 doesn't he?

NorthernWisdom

Wembley, Wembley Arena et al all worked quite well in tandem with each other, so I'd guess that's what you'd be looking at?

Would be more concerned (as would they, I assume!) that you're starting to tread quite close to Birmingham City territory there though, so forget location re: Coventry (could just about live with a ground the 'right' side of the NEC myself), you'd have another established, fairly senior club making lots of noise!

J

Jack Griffin

Then again, Byng has links with HS2 doesn't he?

Not exactly, he is trying to get a disused line that passes close to that HS2 interchange redeveloped, but as you can see the line links up to existing Coventry-Birmingham line close to where I reckon they're considering..
Rail+Line+Link+-+Whitacre+-+Hampton+In+Arden+.jpg

Do you get my line of reasoning?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Not exactly, he is trying to get a disused line that passes close to that HS2 interchange redeveloped, but as you can see the line links up to existing Coventry-Birmingham line close to where I reckon they're considering..
Rail+Line+Link+-+Whitacre+-+Hampton+In+Arden+.jpg

Do you get my line of reasoning?

Is this the same line of reasoning that led you to conclude Connor Thomas was off to Birmingham?

cloughie

If the " new" stadium fails to materialise ,how do the supporters willing to go along with sisu ,otium , sky blue leisure's plans feel knowing theve been misled

No problem for them as they will believe the next line of bullshit that is fed them

Sky Blue Harry H

I've just realised that if enough of us wagered £100 that TF will never build his stadium and he took up the bet and built it, we'd have paid for his bloody stadium. 250,000 of us needed though - if he can build one for £25m (if my maths is up to scratch) ;)

cloughie

Yeah, you can say pretty much anything about people you make up!

are you talking about those who go to sixfields, some of their numbers are made up true but as was said,

Supporters willing to go along with sisu ,otium , sky blue leisure's plans are not made up

ajsccfc

Any suggestion that people attending Sixfields also automatically believe there will be a new stadium is completely made up.

cloughie

Automatic was never mentioned but there are some on here who want the new stadium built etc

ajsccfc

I've yet to come across anyone* who believes there will be a new stadium built.

*real people that is. Not including those who make their gimmick too obvious

James Smith

Automatic was never mentioned but there are some on here who want the new stadium built etc

The fact that both Tim and Joy have said we've moved on from the Ricoh leads some to conclude that we're not going back there. Therefore we must either be stuck at Sixfields forever or building a new stadium as otherwise it means Tim and Joy are lying. I'd rather be back at the Ricoh but that according to our owners isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread