SISU, The Council, Higgs and ACL talks. (1 Viewer)

Grendel

The Premier is the place to be and it's a lot harder to get to from League One.

Is it? Try telling Norwich and Southampton that.

Otis

Yep, we can always pluck a few against the norm can't we.

By pure logistics, it is harder to get to the Prem from League One than it is from the Championship as there is an extra division to move up from.

Even with my poor education I worked that one out.

Sky Blue Kid

How about Northampton fc....Hold the record for the quickest rise and fall in football history...4th div to 1st div(Prem) and back to 4th div, In NINE(9) seasons......Thought you all might like that bit of "Useless information:laugh:

Grendel

How about Northampton fc....Hold the record for the quickest rise and fall in football history...4th div to 1st div(Prem) and back to 4th div, In NINE(9) seasons......Thought you all might like that bit of "Useless information:laugh:

I've already posted that - wolves did the same by the way - having to plagiarise to get attention - tut tut.

Sky Blue Kid

1986-2009.....when I went to school, is a bit more than 9 seasons, and when did you "Already posted" the Northampton quote?
I haven't seen it! Incidently, Wolves did it the right way, and NOT the way Northampton did it!

Grendel

The wolves element I was referring to was the relegation part perhaps I should apologise for not making that clear.

theprince

If Coventry City were a stand alone business and owned and managed the Arena, that would be utopia as all revenues streams would go to the club and hopefully enhance the team , unfortunaltely that will never happen. So it's a matter of deciding the best option for the betterment of the football team. SISU and their track record of running the team, selling assets, etc, etc. or new people, attracted by the Ricoh and surrounding area for development.
Sheik Monsoor at Manchester City has pumped his millions into the team but is also developing the surrounding area, he will get any proffits from that venture.

theprince

1986-2009.....when I went to school, is a bit more than 9 seasons, and when did you "Already posted" the Northampton quote?
I haven't seen it! Incidently, Wolves did it the right way, and NOT the way Northampton did it!
What way did Northampton do it then ?

Sky Blue Kid

How about Northampton fc....Hold the record for the quickest rise and fall in football history...4th div to 1st div(Prem) and back to 4th div, In NINE(9) seasons......Thought you all might like that bit of "Useless information
laugh.gif

cloughie

Lets get the facts here, the newspaper article has not stated that sisu are in talks to buy half the arena, it said they are in talks about getting their hands on other income streams ie car park and catering money as I have posted on a previous thread.

Absolute crap journalism with a headline grabber without any facts.

How much more BS will people believe from sisu/cet. Believe what you want but sisu are a lying devious self interested bunch of vultures who care not 1 dot for our club

Grendel

I don't think anyone disagrees with that cloughie. However this does not mean they cannot attain funding to purchase half the rights to the ground. I concur this is a nightmare scenario for the club but they may see it as the best way long term to recoup their investment.

cloughie

I don't think anyone disagrees with that cloughie. However this does not mean they cannot attain funding to purchase half the rights to the ground. I concur this is a nightmare scenario for the club but they may see it as the best way long term to recoup their investment.

Agreed with what you say that sisu may see this as the best way for themselves , yet even with the funds , which i'm sure they could raise for the arena, the council and higgs would have to be willing to sell to them. I doubt very much that will happen unless sisu prove over a long period of time that their intentions are for the best interests of CCFC

Grendel

Agreed with what you say that sisu may see this as the best way for themselves , yet even with the funds , which i'm sure they could raise for the arena, the council and higgs would have to be willing to sell to them. I doubt very much that will happen unless sisu prove over a long period of time that their intentions are for the best interests of CCFC

The thing that needs clarifying is if the club have an automatic right to purchase before 2015 the charities share. I think they may and I think if bidders are around they may try to excercise that right to raise the asset value. If so troubled times.

cloughie

The thing that needs clarifying is if the club have an automatic right to purchase before 2015 the charities share. I think they may and I think if bidders are around they may try to excercise that right to raise the asset value. If so troubled times.

As I understand it the council have the right to veto any sale of the arena shares held by the higgs trust

Regis87

Kduffy 07:35 PM 22 Minutes ago The thing that needs clarifying is if the club have an automatic right to purchase before 2015 the charities share. I think they may and I think if bidders are around they may try to excercise that right to raise the asset value. If so troubled times.

Spot on totally agree

dongonzalos

The question is SISU are recording loses. With that is mind and what they have done at Coventry would you invest your money in them? They will need to raise millions possibly 20 million. Who is going to give them that at the momen?. This why Joy has suddenly bothered her arse to get involved. Coventry is slowly taking them down. Which is quite ironic as that is exactly what they did to Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread