SISU, The Council, Higgs and ACL talks. (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

When do the knives go back in the drawer and we start to think SISU have no alternative and we the club, have no other alternative investor?

They are business people and have made shocking mistakes during their tenure of CCFC but it has become clear the last 6 months they have begun to get a handle on the situation knowing there are no white knights coming in and handing them cash any time soon so it's in their interest to start operating for the long term for all concerned.

They simply can't pull the plug. That would be most unwise.

Those facts alone tell you their current interest in getting it right are genuine for all the right reasons.

The rent is too high, absurdly so. Did they agree it originally? Yes. Should they now ask for a review? Yes. Is that unreasonable? No

Whatever deal the various petagonist come up with here regarding the stadium/income streams will be to the benefit of our football club.
Whatever SISU get on a piece of paper is of value to a future sale and attracting those investors such as a Hoffman consortium at a future point in time.

Just why Hoffman has not put himself in front of the Council and Higgs before SISU did is testament to the fact he is full talk with no substance. This was his moment to seize. I think SISU may have thought the same this last few months but nothing has ever been put forward from him so now they have taken the bull by the horns themselves to save their own investments and in doing so the future of CCFC.

I just can't argue with that stance. Lets just hope they are better at it than they were in the past. Worth noting most football club owners are all terrible owners one way or another....particularly among disgruntled fans.

I believe as I have said for some time this is our 'opportunity' here to take the club forward and in life you need to take a step backwards before you can go forwards again. league 1 is where we should be right now. It's not where i want to be but I know we will compete as we grow again here. 10 years in the Championship hoping on hope with constantly changing managers taught us nothing. Perhaps now we can accept we in a position we can improve from.
If SISU/Council etc get this right we may have a rosy, and importantly stable future ahead of us.
It's surprising how quickly the tide turns too and I'm extremely optimistic we may even bounce back up immediately. We have the foundations already there to do so.

PUSB

Otis

How could Hoffman go in front of the council before talking to the owners of the club first?

Sky Blue Kid

When do the knives go back in the drawer and we start to think SISU have no alternative and we the club, have no other alternative investor?

They are business people and have made shocking mistakes during their tenure of CCFC but it has become clear the last 6 months they have begun to get a handle on the situation knowing there are no white knights coming in and handing them cash any time soon so it's in their interest to start operating for the long term for all concerned.

They simply can't pull the plug. That would be most unwise.

Those facts alone tell you their current interest in getting it right are genuine for all the right reasons.

The rent is too high, absurdly so. Did they agree it originally? Yes. Should they now ask for a review? Yes. Is that unreasonable? No

Whatever deal the various petagonist come up with here regarding the stadium/income streams will be to the benefit of our football club.
Whatever SISU get on a piece of paper is of value to a future sale and attracting those investors such as a Hoffman consortium at a future point in time.

Just why Hoffman has not put himself in front of the Council and Higgs before SISU did is testament to the fact he is full talk with no substance. This was his moment to seize. I think SISU may have thought the same this last few months but nothing has ever been put forward from him so now they have taken the bull by the horns themselves to save their own investments and in doing so the future of CCFC.

I just can't argue with that stance. Lets just hope they are better at it than they were in the past. Worth noting most football club owners are all terrible owners one way or another....particularly among disgruntled fans.

I believe as I have said for some time this is our 'opportunity' here to take the club forward and in life you need to take a step backwards before you can go forwards again. league 1 is where we should be right now. It's not where i want to be but I know we will compete as we grow again here. 10 years in the Championship hoping on hope with constantly changing managers taught us nothing. Perhaps now we can accept we in a position we can improve from.
If SISU/Council etc get this right we may have a rosy, and importantly stable future ahead of us.
It's surprising how quickly the tide turns too and I'm extremely optimistic we may even bounce back up immediately. We have the foundations already there to do so.

PUSB

Sorry Paxman, I don't give a damn about what they've done over the last six months.
They've had FIVE YEARS to sort things out! We went from a average Championship side when they took charge to a side that struggled every season since....EEeerrrrmmmmm...I wonder why???

mattylad

well if as being reported today SISU are about to get the councils approval to buy half the Ricoh we will have to accept they are here to stay

Sky Blue Kid

well if as being reported today SISU are about to get the councils approval to buy half the Ricoh we will have to accept they are here to stay

I stand by what I said a couple of years ago....If SISU get their hands on the Ricoh, my gut instinct is CCFC. will no longer exist.

Otis

Not so long ago that comments were coming out along the lines of 'over my dead body' in terms of Sisu getting their hands on even a small part of the stadium.

Bottom line is that no-one seems to trust them. Them not paying the rent for 2 months and saying they want to buy half the stadium doesn't somehow make them in anyway trustworthy does it.

So what's changed?

Otis

And as i just said on another thread, Sisu have done nothing but plead poverty until this meeting on Thursday when all of a sudden they somehow incredibly have the money to buy half the stadium!

Sub

SISU can go f**k themselves, sick of hearing we need to give them a chance they have had that chance given to them by the fans year after year and all they have done is lied, let our best players go for nothing or peanuts treated the fans like shit got us relegated, and run the club into the ground, well unfortunatly thats not the sort of thing that encourages me to be forgiving, all they want is money and dont care how they get it !! they should never own any part of the ricoh as all they will do is saddle it with debt and ruin it like they have with our club.:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit: they are parasites and asset strippers whos main objective is to get their investors a return and they do not care how they get it or what they do to get it. they are not wanted here and never will be in my opion, and as for joy seppla visiting us from her ivory palace thats just bullshit to make it look like they relise they have made mistakes and care !! total bullshit!!!

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Sorry Paxman, I don't give a damn about what they've done over the last six months.
They've had FIVE YEARS to sort things out! We went from a average Championship side when they took charge to a side that struggled every season since....EEeerrrrmmmmm...I wonder why???

PR is a multi-billion pound industry for a reason: some people are actually naive enough to believe it!

Nonleagueherewecome

Not so long ago that comments were coming out along the lines of 'over my dead body' in terms of Sisu getting their hands on even a small part of the stadium.

Bottom line is that no-one seems to trust them. Them not paying the rent for 2 months and saying they want to buy half the stadium doesn't somehow make them in anyway trustworthy does it.

So what's changed?

Exactly! How can people not see the contradiction between having no money for rent, yet suddenly having enough for half the stadium? Well, which is it you lying scumbags!

covross

I think what has changed the councils mind on SISU is Joy Sepalla is now involved. How many yes men/ puppets/ numpties have the council/cov had to deal with from SISU. Now the main woman is involved it gives SISU a bit more credibility. But just because she's the boss doesn't mean she wont lie through her teeth like her employees have done in the past. I think they will strike a deal but remember SISU only look out for SISU.

CCFC123

The council wont be selling to sisu. The meetings have been held as sisu forced the issue by not paying the rent. The situation hasent changed and the council are playing lip service. Sisus ethics have been shocking and put the club in league 1 so tell me how a business that cant manage its own affairs and offers players like bell and baker 8k a week be allowed half the ricoh? It wont happen and nor should it happen.

Otis

Ohh, and another thing that no-one has appeared to mention.

Sisu declared a new found transparency didn't they. Transparency with the fans!

So how come us fans weren't told anything about this new turn of events that the club suddenly have money to buy half the arena and we had to find out from the news via the CT? Not very transparent is it.

CT had to report that they understood this to be the case. No word from Fisher to the fans that this was so. :whistle:

Sky Blue Kid

Ohh, and another thing that no-one has appeared to mention.

Sisu declared a new found transparency didn't they. Transparency with the fans!

So how come us fans weren't told anything about this new turn of events that the club suddenly have money to buy half the arena and we had to find out from the news via the CT? Not very transparent is it.

CT had to report that they understood this to be the case. No word from Fisher to the fans that this was so. :whistle:

In fairness Otis They DID say they had money for the Ricoh.......................12 months ago! but couldn't be arsed to get the City out of the shit player wise.
:blue:

theprince

They didn't lift a finger to help Thorn in his quest for a couple of decent loans, which i think would have saved our bacon, not a thing. Despite being offered help by a group of local business men, all of a sudden Paxman you think they are interested, dream on. They have to look interested, keeps in their eyes the value up of their clients investment, don't forget when all this goes tits up for them they need to explain why to their clients who wil lose a fist full of money.

Otis

In fairness Otis They DID say they had money for the Ricoh.......................12 months ago! but couldn't be arsed to get the City out of the shit player wise.
:blue:

They did indeed. But ever since then they have pleaded poverty and not mentioned it again.

I think we all assumed we no longer had the money. If we had that money all along then that is a real pisser, because we weren't given as much as peanuts to strengthen the squad.

They want half the stadium then the return for them is so much bigger in a higher league.
It was their duty to have given AT at least just a tiny bit of hope and backing to try and aid the aim for that return.

Walking Bird

Jon Gaunts Twitter feed

Jon gaunt@jongaunt
@mattkerr72 @gibbo909 it's brill news, my sources tell me Sisu will get whole stadium as long as they commit to invest in team

:thinking about:

Otis

Find that incredible if true.

Thought we all agreed that the whole stadium was never going to be on the cards.

Paxman II

I stand by what I say while most of you simply want to keep churning out the hate.
There's a certain inevitability to what's going on now and to keep saying fcuk off SISU is both silly and lacks any worthy rebuttal.

Businesses change as they go along. many things changed during SISU's tenure including world wide economic callapse in '08.

The ability to see the wood from the trees is important here.
I will accept again they made a mess of it but they have no choice but to put it right.

To those that dream of new owners around the corner then think Rangers.....a massive club yet they can't attract what they need either. The world has changed since SISU took charge.

If anyone has a viable alternative that they know is on the table then prey lets hear it?
It's all about the here and now not the past. The blame game must stop.

For the sake of my club I wish them well in talks. I hope they get a compromise to suit everyone and one which will see SISU eventually sell and remove themselves from football altogether. But you know should they become the kids that turned it all around and put the club on a sound footing then who would argue with that? Do they deserve to have a chance to do that? Sure....there is no one else!!

Sky Blue Kid

Jon Gaunt does NOT say ,SISU get the whole stadium at all. What he does say is it is good that Both sides are talking, Nothing more...Nothing less.:blue:

AFCCOVENTRY

I would find it hard to believe we get the whole stadium.

Where would the money come from for the whole asset?

Not going to happen.

CCFC have an option to buy 50% which expires in 2018 i think?

Interesting to know where even the money for 50% is coming from?

Have the found new backers? or is this an arrangement to share revenue rather than own a share of the ricoh?

kingharvest

Fuck me - I trust SISU more than I trust that twat gaunt. He knows fuck all - his sources are probably in his own head.

At the start of this thread someone questioned why Hoffman hadn't spoke to the council. Well, he has, or at least I assume he has as he's committed time and resource to investigating the cost of purchasing the stadium. I know that for a fact through my job.

SkyBlueUkeman

First people were quoting Richard Keys. Now people are quoting Jon Gaunt.

for fuck sake... From one publicity whore to another.

Grendel

As a ratepayer i am strongly against selling the Ricoh to an Hedge fund,they cannot be trusted !

You are not saying that as a ratepayer but as a football fan. The equity gained from the sale would force it to go through. As for money to purchase this would be through secured loans no doubt piled against the club.
It's not good news and I think unlikely to happen but the notion that the council could prevent it is unrealistic.

I think it is not a matter that SISU haven't got money to invest in players but have got money for the stadium. I think its a matter of won't invest in players but would invest in the stadium because of the potential return. Plus CCFC with a percentage or full ownership of the stadium is going to be a lot easier to find investors/new owners for.

Otis

True.

They could have invested in players though couldn't they. A successful club brings in more revenue to an owner who has a part share in the stadium doesn't it.

The higher up the leagues we are the more revenue. Make it to the Prem and the admission cost per game would rise.

Otis

Just saying if it was always their intention to buy half the stadium then the rewards come the higher up the leagues we are and they should have had a foresight to try and back the manager last season to try and ensure our Championship status.

The Premier is the place to be and it's a lot harder to get to from League One.

Users who are viewing this thread