Sisu refuse to pay the Ricoh rent for a second month! (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Wasn't it incurable 4 years ago - they were the cure then?

Not in everyone's view.

Personally administration. 10 point reduction. no debts different owners.

They saved us by 20 mins from administration for a reason and it was not to save us a 10 point drop

wingy

Council tax only makes up 16% of the councils income, the majority comes straight from central government so in affect anyone in the UK who is paying taxes should have a say on whether the council bail them out.
The Council recieve approx £1m. Lagbi money from the GOV in return for the extra rates generated by the whole Developement .The sponsorship by RICOH @£1m. per an is another winner for ACL ,i personally doubt it would be 20% of this without the team being based there and all the Media Mention of it Due to our team ,So there is work to be done in the whole inequitable arrangement but as i've said Many times it has to be our team fronted with coventry connections or fan input,assuming we're not gone by then

wingy

The stadium is privately owned - only ground rent being paid to the council. The council has no say in events that take place within the stadium.

I know that it would take an extraordinary set of changes to take place in the case of the soccer club for this to happen, but personally I'd love to see them wave two fingers at the Council/Higgs/ACL and move to the Butts for a couple of years. There's stacks of room there on the west side for a substantial temporary grandstand - seated or preferably standing), which would probably cost, what, a couple of months' rent at current rate? (Surely no more, but I stand to be corrected). The existing very comfortable stand seats over 3000, so with the 'new' stand and the limited standing at each end we're probably looking at around 10000 capacity. Enough in the short term at that level, I feel..
A season of consolidation in the third division (showing my age here...) and playing in front of a packed-to-the-rafters ground developing a real atmosphere unlike currently (Ricoh; no contest). Plenty of good pubs nearby (Ricoh; no contest) and a city-centre location (again, no contest).
The following year, really go for it with all the cash accrued from not lining the pockets of the council, and then let's see what they are willing to negotiate after two years of no regular sport in their sports stadium(?).
The club wins; Cov RFC wins (they are currently well-run and looking to move back up through the leagues with new finance coming in very soon. More from the rent CCFC could comfortably pay would go a long way in Rugby Union.
I see no losers in the long term (except for, hopefully, S**U).
Naive? Probably!
But I can dream, hey? :thinking about:
You're not that new guy Paul Barber fro Vancouver Whitecaps, brought in to advise sisu are you?Seems like the perfect viabilty/feasability study for our teams withdrawal from the Ricoh arena . Ther would be many takers on this one if you could convince us sisu are not beezle bub;)

Grendel

Not in everyone's view.

Personally administration. 10 point reduction. no debts different owners.

They saved us by 20 mins from administration for a reason and it was not to save us a 10 point drop

A popular theme of yours. 10 point reduction - transfer embargo so no Fox or Dann and certain relegation. Only other interested party was Geoffrey Robinson and a "curious" consortium.

The no debt thing is especially interesting. Not true as some debts had to be settled by SISU anyway but you seem to be suggesting you would have no moral compunction to walk away from the small businesses who have supported the club.

Ever thought you would be more suited to supporting Pompey?

Brighton Sky Blue

Now now Duffy. Michael Appleton's promised that Pompey will be taking ownership of their finances next season-his transfer budget's been slashed to a mere £10 million and the Football League will only be chipping in an additional £5 million. 'We all have to cut our cloth according to our interest free overdraft, people must realise that' the Fratton Park manager said, as he left the club's brand new training complex in a blue Ferrari.

Kneeza

You're not that new guy Paul Barber fro Vancouver Whitecaps, brought in to advise sisu are you?Seems like the perfect viabilty/feasability study for our teams withdrawal from the Ricoh arena . Ther would be many takers on this one if you could convince us sisu are not beezle bub;)

:eek:;) I wish! And no way could I convince you that SISU are not the devil-incarnate....

Users who are viewing this thread