Sisu refuse to pay the Ricoh rent for a second month! (1 Viewer)

stupot07

The difference is Cable, your dad would just get someone else in to rent the house. Can't see Cov Sphinx affording the rent

Nonleagueherewecome

The difference is Cable, your dad would just get someone else in to rent the house. Can't see Cov Sphinx affording the rent

No but we are not the only source of income and they aren't reliant on us anymore. I bet they could soon make up the revenue in other areas. We aren't as indispensable to them as some people seem to think.

stupot07

No but we are not the only source of income and they aren't reliant on us anymore. I bet they could soon make up the revenue in other areas. We aren't as indispensable to them as some people seem to think.

I know, but the rent ccfc is only one bit of the income ACL get from having the club there - parking, refreshments, stand sponsorship, etc.

Sub

think how many concerts and rugby games etct can be played on the weekends if the football club isnt there, it wouldnt take to long to replace us there :facepalm:

OyJimmy

A winding up order from ACL should not be viewed as a bad thing by us fans. Let me explain. If ACL told SISU they planned to take a winding up order out then SISU and the council would then need to find an agreement on the way forward.

sisu's options would be:
1. Move CCFC to another stadium
2. Sell the club and take a hit financially (effectively admin)
3. Lose A lot more money by liquidating us

Councils options:
1. Sell the Ricoh at a massive loss to the taxpayer to stop Sisu relocating the club
2. Buy CCFC from Sisu
3. Let Sisu wind us up and face the wrath of fans
4. Let Sisu wind us up and buy another club like Walsall, rename them and move them to The Ricoh.

By not issuing a winding up order it seems to me our collective agony is merely prolonged

cheever

I would have thought another of the critisiscms of SISU would have been the appointment of an unsuitable, unqualified manager purely because he was cheap. However, on a SWOT analysis they seem to score on the top left there.

The bottom left has been getting populated lately as well......

Grendel

The bottom left has been getting populated lately as well......

What for Thorn? You couldn't find paper big enough....

cheever

Why cheever are you obsessed with people who support the club who don't live in Cov. It goes a long way back, and you've continued with this anti-You should live in Cov to support Cov for so long, Personally its getting a little boring.

I don't live in Cov , never have, probably never will, but i/we have as much right & opinion as you ,to support and give comment on Cov. What have you got against those who live elsewhere ? Is there one club in the whole league who only have fans that live within the city limits, No.

Otherwise your a very good poster and one i agree on a lot with ,but can you drop your not a proper fan if you dont live here, bit, please

The Rev

Wrong, Rev.

I applaud the non-Coventrians who follow the club.

What I think is wrong is for you chaps to be telling Cov Council where they should be spending their money.

You lads come to follow CCFC and fair play...there's thousands in our great City who can't be arsed....but CCFC is a PRIVATE company owned by profiteers.

OUR council may wish to bail them out, but non-Coventrians should have NO say in whether this is the case. The citizens of Cov alone can decide this.

cheever

What for Thorn? You couldn't find paper big enough....

I meant the 'threats'....yes, you could see AT as a threat, I suppose...if you looked at his record and lack of tactical nous.

SISU see other threats....the council, stay away season ticket holders, but strangely not themselves and their (lack of) actions....

stupot07

Wrong, Rev.

What I think is wrong is for you chaps to be telling Cov Council where they should be spending their money.

You lads come to follow CCFC and fair play...there's thousands in our great City who can't be arsed....but CCFC is a PRIVATE company owned by profiteers.

OUR council may wish to bail them out, but non-Coventrians should have NO say in whether this is the case. The citizens of Cov alone can decide this.

Council tax only makes up 16% of the councils income, the majority comes straight from central government so in affect anyone in the UK who is paying taxes should have a say on whether the council bail them out.

The Reverend Skyblue

Wrong, Rev.

Cheever this is a very emotive subject , and i totally agree that only Coventrians should vote ,if it comes to it, how they should either, bale out, or not help, the club financially.

I sometimes can't believe where are fans come from around the country, and indeed the world, and i ask how and why have they ended up supporting the skyblues, but i feel it adds to the debate to get there opinions and views on how the council and the club could somehow find a way forward out of the mess these parasites have got us into.I can't think of any poster who is saying that non Cov residents do have a say, if it did come to a vote or discussion within the city.

Hopefully with there latest actions will galvanise even more of us together ,and they'll soon realise the games up and its time to leave by the nearest exit.

The Rev

Johnrambo

Wrong, Rev.

I pretty much agree with this.

I do understand what Cheever means, and ofc Coventrians should have the word in this case.

Last edited:

mattylad

and it would bring back your old skool fans who have been driven away since highfield road

But the Butts is also a council owned venue so why the hell would they let a club that has saddled it with an enormous empty stadium allow them to play there when its already played in 12 months a year through rugby union and league!!

Grendel

I pretty much agree with this.

I do understand what Cheever means, and ofc Coventrians should have the word in this case.

Including those who have no interest in the welfare of the club (90% of the electorate)?

Grendel

think how many concerts and rugby games etct can be played on the weekends if the football club isnt there, it wouldnt take to long to replace us there :facepalm:

Well yes there is a concert every week in the summer isn't there? What rugby? Are we doing a ground swap with Cov. Wow they'll be quids in.

Grendel

Yes, even them. I know we are not so many overseas fans, but my option is that the footballclub is the ppl of Coventrys.

Even though the taxpayer has no liability to the club at all?

Johnrambo

The City Council has no say in the running of the club, only the stadium in which it plays.

In my opinion the Council should never have got involved with the stadium either.

Yes, but the city council is for the ppl in Coventry right? I should not take more than 2 secs to see that all about Coventry City is wrong, the city council havent done anything, and now when shitsisu dont want to pay that much they cry.

But the Butts is also a council owned venue so why the hell would they let a club that has saddled it with an enormous empty stadium allow them to play there when its already played in 12 months a year through rugby union and league!!

Oh right Always under the impression it was privately owned

thorninmyside

Its a 40 year lease. Its not the same as a house rental.

Leases are always negotiable and the landlord must be flexible in special circumstances. Sisu are absolutely right not to pay. The rent is at the moment too high for div 3 football. ..

Also consider this. .. 1.2 million a year won't be much in 30 years... the council would do exactly the same as sisu and use whatever method available to re-negotiate the rent.

CJparker

When will it ever end? How are we going to get out of this mess?

Administration won't happen
Takeover looks stalled and unlikely
Liquidation unlikely
Recovery unlikely

See you in mid-table L1 with half a squad this time next year.

PUSB

Kneeza

Oh right Always under the impression it was privately owned
The stadium is privately owned - only ground rent being paid to the council. The council has no say in events that take place within the stadium.

I know that it would take an extraordinary set of changes to take place in the case of the soccer club for this to happen, but personally I'd love to see them wave two fingers at the Council/Higgs/ACL and move to the Butts for a couple of years. There's stacks of room there on the west side for a substantial temporary grandstand - seated or preferably standing), which would probably cost, what, a couple of months' rent at current rate? (Surely no more, but I stand to be corrected). The existing very comfortable stand seats over 3000, so with the 'new' stand and the limited standing at each end we're probably looking at around 10000 capacity. Enough in the short term at that level, I feel..
A season of consolidation in the third division (showing my age here...) and playing in front of a packed-to-the-rafters ground developing a real atmosphere unlike currently (Ricoh; no contest). Plenty of good pubs nearby (Ricoh; no contest) and a city-centre location (again, no contest).
The following year, really go for it with all the cash accrued from not lining the pockets of the council, and then let's see what they are willing to negotiate after two years of no regular sport in their sports stadium(?).
The club wins; Cov RFC wins (they are currently well-run and looking to move back up through the leagues with new finance coming in very soon. More from the rent CCFC could comfortably pay would go a long way in Rugby Union.
I see no losers in the long term (except for, hopefully, S**U).
Naive? Probably!
But I can dream, hey? :thinking about:

SBS

Its a 40 year lease. Its not the same as a house rental.

Leases are always negotiable and the landlord must be flexible in special circumstances. Sisu are absolutely right not to pay. The rent is at the moment too high for div 3 football. ..

Also consider this. .. 1.2 million a year won't be much in 30 years... the council would do exactly the same as sisu and use whatever method available to re-negotiate the rent.

Yes it is too high for Division 3, but we are there because of SISU. I hope the council don't move an inch. The council would do exactly the same as SISU??? What? Not accept our payments? Utter bollocks

BurbageSkyBlues

I think we are all missing the point.

Sisu have positioned ARVO (AVRO?) very well. They have secured all assets of CCFC against a 'Mortgage', which I think means that they will be left (broadly speaking) with the controlling say of those assets if the club goes into admin/liquidation, if I have correctly understood the posts from OSB and HateFootball.

The key item will be the ownership of the name, CCFC.

They will effectively have veto on whether to sell it, and at what price, to someone that wants to rescue the club from admin. If we are liquidated, I think they walk away with it, thereby being able to try to hold supporters/buyers to ransom, if we want our name back. Maybe someone with knowledge of the laws could advise on this?

Anyway, if that is the case, I see two possible outcomes:-
Sisu/arvo get a few million for the name, to offset their losses todate, which also enables the club to carry on in league1;
No one is prepared to meet their demands, so a new club is started, but right at the bottom in the same way as AFC Wimbledon.

It's only my take on the current situation, but this is why they are playing hardball with the rent- kid the council/ACL refuse to yield, the owners of ccfc have positioned themselves as best they can to make the above threat of shutting the club down, and still get a few bob out of it.

wingy

AS i understand it ,through Natalie Cox and Lionel Bird the the name of Coventry City fc shall be owned by the Sky Blue trust in the event of Liquidation

dongonzalos

It appears!!! that the council/Arena Coventry limited, have been herded into a classic catch 22 situation, and for the first time since they arrived
SISU/Finance, have revealed a course of action that they intend to pursue, with them defaulting on a second rent payment, they have put the onus on the council/ACL, either to pursue the matter through the courts, or to write off what is owed, and further more, reduce the rent on the stadium, if its the former, I suppose SISU will file for insolvency, and the council/ ACL will be seen as the villians of the piece, and the ones who Robbed 10,000 or so fans of their Football club.
On the other side of the coin, if the Council/ACL, cave in to SISU,s demands, there will be thousands of covenrty rate payers, up in arms about having their money used to subsidise a football club, and this at a time when services like police, fire service, schools,NHS, Road maintainence
etc are being cut,
This is a very hot political potato, for the council, in fact its a lose/lose situation, whatever way they vote.
if "YOU" were a councilor, charged with handling the public purse, for the community at large...Which way would you vote, knowing that it could cost you your seat at the next local elections.
This post is intended to be a neutral view, As a Council tax payer, and a Sky blue fan of over 50 yrs.

Shows just what bullies SISU are.

dongonzalos

Your support of SISU - both past, and now present - is really becoming an embarrassement, mate.

I suggest that you think before you post such drivel - or don't post at all.:facepalm:

What will it take for you to realise that SISU are raping the club...and now the city????!!!

Do you live in Cov? No.

So how can you speak for the Cov taxpayer???? :thinking about:

(I'm now waiting for the notice that I am banned.....:slap:)

isnt your ban up in a day

Users who are viewing this thread