SISU Prove that you have learn't (1 Viewer)

stupot07

We would just have him on loan to the summer paying a proportion of his wages.

He refuses to go anywhere other than us on loan. Forest get to have a proportion of his wages for the rest of his contract paid for by us, like now

They could then refuse to let him out on loan and see out the rest of the season in the reserves which might devalue him in terms of offers. I imagine that they will loan him to whoever offers the highest loan fee

dongonzalos

They could then refuse to let him out on loan and see out the rest of the season in the reserves which might devalue him in terms of offers. I imagine that they will loan him to whoever offers the highest loan fee

If they do that they will have to pay his full wages.
They could do it to make a point. Are they flush at the moment?

But it is the only way I can see it happening.
He refuses to go anywhere else. We loan he makes lots of money in the summer as a free transfer.
Forest get half his wages paid.
We have him till the summer.

Unless SISU are lying and they are not skint and can afford a transfer fee and wages

stupot07

If they do that they will have to pay his full wages.
They could do it to make a point. Are they flush at the moment?

But it is the only way I can see it happening.
He refuses to go anywhere else. We loan he makes lots of money in the summer as a free transfer.
Forest get half his wages paid.
We have him till the summer.

Unless SISU are lying and they are not skint and can afford a transfer fee and wages

Why would he refuse to go to anywhere but us?
1) he wants to play first team football
2) if he refuses to go on loan prospective managers might think he's difficult/a trouble maker and it might put them off him
3) as much as 30 goals is nice, if the chance of a loan to championship came up, do you not think he would want to seize the opportunity to prove he is good enough for that level so boost the likelihood of signing for a champ club in the summer and give him more bargaining power for wages?
4) agents get a fee or sorting out loans, so the bigger loan fee offered the bigger percentage his agent gets.....and he's already said his agents in control.

Yeah he likes it here, but he's not a cov fan.

Surely they can see that given a run of few key injuries keeping hold of DMC, Bailey, Adams and signing Moussa permananetly gives us a massive chance of promotion, which will improve the finances greatly.
If they can secure those 4 I dont think we would even need any more signings and could even hope to release some of those who dont figure.........

The Christmas matches are going to be vital, must win home games and 4 points away and we will be on the verge of the top 6 going into the new year.

dongonzalos

Why would he refuse to go to anywhere but us?
1) he wants to play first team football
2) if he refuses to go on loan prospective managers might think he's difficult/a trouble maker and it might put them off him
3) as much as 30 goals is nice, if the chance of a loan to championship came up, do you not think he would want to seize the opportunity to prove he is good enough for that level so boost the likelihood of signing for a champ club in the summer and give him more bargaining power for wages?
4) agents get a fee or sorting out loans, so the bigger loan fee offered the bigger percentage his agent gets.....and he's already said his agents in control.

Yeah he likes it here, but he's not a cov fan.

I think it is unlikely I am just saying it is the only way financially I can see it happening unless SISU have money.

Financially there is a benefit for him he still gets his wages and he gets a nice signing on fee for someone in the summer as a free agent.

Players are doing it all the time.

If he decides to see out his contract then that is more the norm these days.

It is then down to us to see if we can secure him for the rest of the season in loan.

CUS Wyken

SISU said they learnt from the mistakes of last season.

They started to make me think that maybe just maybe they had, over the summer they allowed 9 players to be signed and sanctioned DMC so technically 10.
Yes I appreciate 9 were for no fee.
However that was a big change in tactics than we have seen over the last 4 years, since plan B seemed to be in action.

They then made a mistake, whether you think the mistake was not sacking Thorn last season, or if you are the minority like me, sacking any manager after 3 games after he has signed 9/10 players personally, I think was insane.

Whichever way you view it it was a mistake, it led to uncertainty and 4-5 defeats on the bounce and nearly screwed up our season!

They then redeemed themselves again by signing what seems like a first class manager.
They also backed him and out of his 5 (i think) signings he managed to get 3 gems in terms of Adams, Bailey and Moussa.

Now they are at that Junction again. They either realise that we just beat one of the best teams in the league who were on qn awesome run of form 4-1 on there patch. Some will say it is only one game. However it is not, this is what consistency with our squad will give you.

We have one of the best squads, teams and we possibly have the best striker in the league.

We are 7 points from the play offs and 11 from top of the league.

Which SISU are we now dealing with, the one who at a critical junction last season waved the white flag sold our top goal scorer an only allowed the manager to sign two loan players and consigned us to relegation.

Or is this the new SISU that has learnt from its mistakes.....

Will they do a deal with ACL and remove that uncertainty.
Will they invest in DMC and effectively secure our return to the championship (if he stays fit) and secure an extension to Bailey.

This is a massive junction for SISU, I hope their statement that they learnt lessons from last season is true.......

People are forgetting one thing here. The majority of players Thorn bought in the summer have been rubbish. Brown, Malaga, Kilbane, Ball, Fleck and Elliot have done very little. Only players if say have done well from the Summer signings are Barton, Jennings & the edge.

Face it the players Robins has bought in, like Moussa, Adams and Bailey have made a massive impact.

Grendel

People are forgetting one thing here. The majority of players Thorn bought in the summer have been rubbish. Brown, Malaga, Kilbane, Ball, Fleck and Elliot have done very little. Only players if say have done well from the Summer signings are Barton, Jennings & the edge.

Face it the players Robins has bought in, like Moussa, Adams and Bailey have made a massive impact.

Barton still doesn't deserve a place in the starting line up.

dongonzalos

Has DMC had any impact? I think Fleck is a good signing as well

So really kill bane, ball, Elliot, brown were poor signings
Personally I feel Malaga has not been given a chance. His performance against one of the best teams in the division suggests he may not turn out to be a bad signing.

I think Barton, edge, fleck, Malaga, Jennings were good signings.

I think bailey moussaka and Blair are good signings

Deck ford and Henderson have not worked out was there another loanee who did not work out.

Grendel

If you seriously think Malaga and fleck on 3 year deals are good signings you really are beyond reason I'm afraid.

CUS Wyken

Has DMC had any impact? I think Fleck is a good signing as well

So really kill bane, ball, Elliot, brown were poor signings
Personally I feel Malaga has not been given a chance. His performance against one of the best teams in the division suggests he may not turn out to be a bad signing.

I think Barton, edge, fleck, Malaga, Jennings were good signings.

I think bailey moussaka and Blair are good signings

Deck ford and Henderson have not worked out was there another loanee who did not work out.

DMC wasn't bought in the club by thorn. Waggott sorted that one out.

All the decent performances have not involved Fleck. He hasn't lived up to his potential yet. Reckford and Henderson did nothing but fair play to Robins. He took no chances and dropped them.

cloughie

Yeah we could tie it up in the 1st jan go into a transfer embargo and not be able to sign Moussa, bailey and Adams and further strengthen or if we get his by injuries bring in reinforcements.

obviously they would be so stupid as not to sort those players out before such action was taken:facepalm:

dongonzalos

DMC wasn't bought in the club by thorn. Waggott sorted that one out.

All the decent performances have not involved Fleck. He hasn't lived up to his potential yet. Reckford and Henderson did nothing but fair play to Robins. He took no chances and dropped them.

Did he so wag got scouted DMC identified him as a target and signed him up in the few days after AT left
The AT has said he had all but done the deal on national radio and waggot decided to not to correct that ?

dongonzalos

Did he so wag got scouted DMC identified him as a target and signed him up in the few days after AT left
The AT has said he had all but done the deal on national radio and waggot decided to not to correct that ?

Pretty sure we were linked with him last January aswell

torchomatic

I think Fleck will be a good player for us. He's shown flashes of what he is capable of.

dongonzalos

If you seriously think Malaga and fleck on 3 year deals are good signings you really are beyond reason I'm afraid.

Yes Malaga is terrible, he played very well against Sheffield Utd. There was a thread on her in which the majority raved about him. I appreciate as usual you were one of the few who saw it differently.

However can I ask how many times you have watched him play.

Fleck has a great touch and obvious skill. He will be a key player as he the season goes on and we get injuries.

You wrote off Edge as well and Barton. You basically declared this players as relegation fodder.

Really all they need is games and opportunities.

In a good way due to form of the current 11 and a lack of injuries that has not happened yet.

torchomatic

Then again, loads of people wrote off Barton. I always thought he was a decent player.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes Malaga is terrible, he played very well against Sheffield Utd. There was a thread on her in which the majority raved about him. I appreciate as usual you were one of the few who saw it differently.

However can I ask how many times you have watched him play.

Fleck has a great touch and obvious skill. He will be a key player as he the season goes on and we get injuries.

You wrote off Edge as well and Barton. You basically declared this players as relegation fodder.

Really all they need is games and opportunities.

In a good way due to form of the current 11 and a lack of injuries that has not happened yet.

Difficult to disagree with a number of these points Grendel-though I would say Malaga was almost immediately transfer listed (not just for loan) after Robins was appointed and he didn't do much special for Nuneaton. If he was worth keeping in any capacity I'm sure he'd have had more of an opportunity.

torchomatic

dongonzalos

Then again, loads of people wrote off Barton. I always thought he was a decent player.

I think he is our most naturally talented player, MR has a long standing history of playing two defensive minded midfielders and at the moment that clearly works.He says himself he really rates Barton. I hope Barton continues to keep his head and do the business when called upon.

Users who are viewing this thread