SISU Prove that you have learn't (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

SISU said they learnt from the mistakes of last season.

They started to make me think that maybe just maybe they had, over the summer they allowed 9 players to be signed and sanctioned DMC so technically 10.
Yes I appreciate 9 were for no fee.
However that was a big change in tactics than we have seen over the last 4 years, since plan B seemed to be in action.

They then made a mistake, whether you think the mistake was not sacking Thorn last season, or if you are the minority like me, sacking any manager after 3 games after he has signed 9/10 players personally, I think was insane.

Whichever way you view it it was a mistake, it led to uncertainty and 4-5 defeats on the bounce and nearly screwed up our season!

They then redeemed themselves again by signing what seems like a first class manager.
They also backed him and out of his 5 (i think) signings he managed to get 3 gems in terms of Adams, Bailey and Moussa.

Now they are at that Junction again. They either realise that we just beat one of the best teams in the league who were on qn awesome run of form 4-1 on there patch. Some will say it is only one game. However it is not, this is what consistency with our squad will give you.

We have one of the best squads, teams and we possibly have the best striker in the league.

We are 7 points from the play offs and 11 from top of the league.

Which SISU are we now dealing with, the one who at a critical junction last season waved the white flag sold our top goal scorer an only allowed the manager to sign two loan players and consigned us to relegation.

Or is this the new SISU that has learnt from its mistakes.....

Will they do a deal with ACL and remove that uncertainty.
Will they invest in DMC and effectively secure our return to the championship (if he stays fit) and secure an extension to Bailey.

This is a massive junction for SISU, I hope their statement that they learnt lessons from last season is true.......

SuperCov

I agree. I hope that since relegation that SISU have got CCFC on a sustainable level and that they are doing things right and run with it. And not have planned a relegation to get their hands on the land/stadia to recoup their cash.

Come on SISU and ACL, work together and you can both see great profits.

PUSB!!

Grendel

They allowed fisher to retain thorn. Clearly that was a huge mistake and will cost us in the end.

kepit 2 yusen

It's up to them now. They have the perfect opportunity to somewhat redeem themselves from past mistakes. If they do come good, results, consistency, more fans, more ticket revenue and promotion. It's an easy choice for me.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
a lot of people bang on about keeping DMG and i am not going to argue he isnt potentially important to what we can achieve.......... but for me the most important person to keep is Robins.

The better we do the more his profile increases......... the more interest will develop in him. He needs to feel backed within the means we have, to have any promises made met.

He has taken a squad of misfits and under achievers, set standards and made us a team.DMG gets most of the goals but he cant do it without the rest of the team supporting, without the team being organised, professional and focussed - that is down to Robins

First time in years I have been really enjoying watching CCFC play.

Robins makes the difference

Last edited:

Grendel

a lot of people bang on about keeping DMG and i am not going to argue he isnt potentially important to what we can achieve.......... but for me the most important person to keep is Robins.

The better we do the more his profile increases......... the more interest will develop in him. He needs to feel backed within the means we have, to have any promises made met.

He has taken a squad of misfits and under achievers, set standards and made us a team.DMG gets most of the goals but he cant do it without the rest of the team supporting, without the team being organised, professional and focussed - that is down to Robins

First time in years I have been really enjoying watching CCFC play.

Robins makes the difference

Couldn't agree more. The turnaround has been really amazing. We create more chances in 1 game than we used to in 10.

hamil99

Facebook User
Couldn't agree more. The turnaround has been really amazing. We create more chances in 1 game than we used to in 10.

I guess actually having someone at the club who was a top class striker and has brains, really makes a difference. For to long we didn't have a striker coach, not one that's worth thier salt anyway.

stupot07

Don, I can't believe tat even with hindsight you still believe thorn shouldn't have been sacked......it was faffing around getting Robins in that was the real problem.

dongonzalos

Don, I can't believe tat even with hindsight you still believe thorn shouldn't have been sacked......it was faffing around getting Robins in that was the real problem.

No I can never see a situation where a manager is allowed to sign 9-10 players they wina cup match then draw 3 league games one of which was a bad result then get sacked sorry.

I agree the faffing around then did the damage, if Robins was in after a couple of games it would not have been an issue.

I was looking forward to getting the opportunity to finally judge Thorn

I felt he did well after Boothroyd the other season.
Then I genuinely feel he was absolutely shafted by SISU who I proportion the biggest blame to for the relegation.

He was then finally supposedly going to be backed he got 3 league matches WTF?

As it transpires Robins seems like an excellent coach so SISU may get away with it.

However to sack ATA n no have you man ready tells me it was purely an emotional reaction from Fisher to that shocking 45 minutes. Supported by him spouting off to supporters before he announced it.

Am I glad Robins is here - Yes

Am I annoyed that I never got to actually see which Andy Thorn is the true manager 2 seasons ago or last season - Yes.

Am I now excited about this season - Yes

Do I know if SISU are going to screw it up again over the next few weeks- genuinely don't

No I can never see a situation where a manager is allowed to sign 9-10 players they wina cup match then draw 3 league games one of which was a bad result then get sacked sorry.

I agree the faffing around then did the damage, if Robins was in after a couple of games it would not have been an issue.

Then I genuinely feel he was absolutely shafted by SISU who I proportion the biggest blame to for the relegation.

As it transpires Robins seems like an excellent coach so SISU may get away with it.

However to sack ATA n no have you man ready tells me it was purely an emotional reaction from Fisher to that shocking 45 minutes. Supported by him spouting off to supporters before he announced it.

Am I annoyed that I never got to actually see which Andy Thorn is the true manager 2 seasons ago or last season - Yes.

Do I know if SISU are going to screw it up again over the next few weeks- genuinely don't

pretty much agree with this, but just imagine would we be where we are now if we hired ince

georgehudson

& at the last forum SW was emphasizing how he / they (?), had been responsible for the summer signings,
again we have people claiming glory, & we'll never know the real truth,
all that said, MR comes over as a man who knows what to do,
i just hope the owners (inc. hands on joy), understand that,
so we await their (owners) deliberations,
PUSB

Baginton

lets hops SISU have learned how not to get relegated from The Championship again, once we get promoted :facepalm:

Totally agree with this and the opening post.

Robins looks to be tactically more astute but that's not surprising as he has more experience. A very good appointment.

I just pray to god that SISU care enough about our plight to allocate the necessary funds this Christmas. If they go one better and let us keep McGoldrick they might be rewarded with promotion and bums on seats. All our city wants is a consistently winning team again. Something it's not had since the 60s.

Last edited:

Grendel

Interesting, regarding Waggot. I am sure AT was after DMC last season in January? ;)

So what? Do you really believe with thorn in charge DMC would have scored 50% of the goals he has under robins? Managers make a difference. They have at Coventry and they have at Bournemouth. Just show some dignity and admit you got it wrong.

Grendel

Totally agree with this and the opening post.

Robins looks to be tactically more astute but that's not surprising as he has more experience. A very good appointment.

I just pray to god that SISU care enough about our plight to allocate the necessary funds this Christmas. If they go one better and let us keep McGoldrick they might be rewarded with promotion and bums on seats. All our city wants is a consistently winning team again. Something it's not had since the 60s.

If thorn was still in charge we'd be in the bottom 4. Robins has really excelled and to do even give thorn a minuscule of credit is hugely disrespectful to robins who is doing an amazing job in getting a team managed by the worst manager in a century to promotion challengers.

dongonzalos

So what? Do you really believe with thorn in charge DMC would have scored 50% of the goals he has under robins? Managers make a difference. They have at Coventry and they have at Bournemouth. Just show some dignity and admit you got it wrong.

No, I just don't think Waggot was around then, so it may suggest he is speaking bollox.
I am sure you could work that out?

dongonzalos

If thorn was still in charge we'd be in the bottom 4. Robins has really excelled and to do even give thorn a minuscule of credit is hugely disrespectful to robins who is doing an amazing job in getting a team managed by the worst manager in a century to promotion challengers.

I thought they were a squad of which no manager on the planet could get promoted?

Which is it worst squad of the century or worst manager :thinking about:

Grendel

I thought they were a squad of which no manager on the planet could get promoted?

Which is it worst squad of the century or worst manager :thinking about:

Robins has improved the squad and improved the existing players through better technique.

So answer this. Assume the position we are now in. Play offs are possible. Would you prefer Andy thorn or mark robins as manager to take us into the new year?

georgehudson

surely the forum is about debate & not the automatic gain saying of i / he / she said this,
if ever there was a pivotal point for CCFC it is now,
there are huge positives in place,
whether our owners realise this is another matter,
all positives are evident on the playing side,
this could / should be backed by all parties involved,
& those who shun this opportunity do so, do it at their peril,
PUSB

dadgad

This is indeed a "pivotal" moment for the club.
We cannot change the past.
Time to move forward...... together.
I just hope the penny drops for those at Council/Sisu/ACL.
The players and manager are doing their bit.
Pusb.

dongonzalos

Robins has improved the squad and improved the existing players through better technique.

So answer this. Assume the position we are now in. Play offs are possible. Would you prefer Andy thorn or mark robins as manager to take us into the new year?

Now MR as he is doing the business.

AT for me this season would have been the first genuine chance to see if he could do the business or not. Since his time when he did as caretaker manager.

I personally think he would have done but I can't say for sure that is just my opinion.

However if forced to choose between someone who has been doing the business over 12/13 games and someone you would have liked to have been given a fair crack at the whip. You have to go with the one who is doing the business.

However at the risk of repeating myself time and time again.

I have never compared AT and MR I don't feel I have had a chance to assess AT in 360 minutes of football with this squad.

MR seems to be a top manager. I have never had an issue with him.

That is not to say I think it is a good idea to sack a bloke you allowed to sign nine/nearly ten players, after 360 minutes of football in which he had one poor result.

That led IMO to 5 league defeats on the bounce.

The fact that they ended up with Robins and he is doing fantastic doesn't in my opinion make that decision right.

It showed me an insight to TF makes decisions on impulse based on emotion.

He gambled with our season

It very nearly backfired.

If the new manager did not work I would be solely putting the blame for the best chance ever for us getting promoted getting screwed up at his door.

When AT was sacked they had no idea who was coming in!

So hopefully you get your head round the idea that I like MR.

As far as I am concerned you can have previously liked AT and still like MR.

I don't like however TF.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Further to that when they sacked AT

I think their real plan was for RSI to be manager, luckily for them his results forced them to go for the other candidates. Otherwise our season would now be over.

Next I think they were going for ince. Personally I believe Robins was third choice if you include RS and thank god circumstances transpired to get MR.

The rest is history.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just answering a question. Rude not to surely. The tread was nothing about AT I started the thread, not sure you are telling the right person to let it go.

Except it's a mistake to rise to the bait Don-every time it elicits a response it gives some the incentive to keep posting it.

dongonzalos

Actually I did mention him in the OP. however the crux was actually about come on SISU prove you have learnt like you said you have.

Take ACL's deal and sign DMC.

Re reading the op I do mention AT so take your point BSB

Warwickhunt

DMc is as only as good as the players around him! if he does not get the ball in the right areas he cannot score! Adams,Baily are the key retention loanees
DMc will probably sign a decent contract to another midlands club (I don't Blame him either) Wolves. Given the way we currently are playing Mcshuffty is coming into his own now and is looking usefull give him the same ball as DMc has been getting I am sure he will score goals OK maybe need twice as many as DMc but he will score goals

Users who are viewing this thread