Sisu' latest accounts (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Thats the rub Nick, state what Sisu have done but they lose all credibility when they print nonsense like this.
This is what frustrates me. We all want SISU gone but things like this make it so easy for them. The likes of Fisher will bat away questions about this all day as he knows he’s in the right.

italiahorse

Don't think they are interested in facts, much easier to make a certain view that people want to hear and push that.
What are the facts though?
The devil is in the detail which does not seem to exist (to most) in Sisu's or the various CCFC accounts.
Most of us tend to just mistrust them on historic grounds and the fact they don't put the facts in fans faces does them no favours.

If they are using things like player sales to keep the club afloat rather than spend it all on players then just put it out there.
Explain to us how charging us interest but not actually taking it works out in the long term for the clubs future. Club sale etc etc
If they really want to stay around and rebuild this club they will need to build bridges with fans, authorities and dare I say it Wasps.
They are getting off lightly at the moment with fans because all fans want is success on the pitch and last year was a relatively good year.
But this is the time to improve their profile with us by being more open. The fact that they don't just prolongs our hate of them.
When was the last time the Chairman spoke to us rather than down to us ?

Nick

Administrator
The devil is in the detail which does not seem to exist (to most) in Sisu's or the various CCFC accounts.
Most of us tend to just mistrust them on historic grounds and the fact they don't put the facts in fans faces does them no favours.

If they are using things like player sales to keep the club afloat rather than spend it all on players then just put it out there.
Explain to us how charging us interest but not actually taking it works out in the long term for the clubs future. Club sale etc etc
If they really want to stay around and rebuild this club they will need to build bridges with fans, authorities and dare I say it Wasps.
They are getting off lightly at the moment with fans because all fans want is success on the pitch and last year was a relatively good year.
But this is the time to improve their profile with us by being more open. The fact that they don't just prolongs our hate of them.

How in any way at all is this related to the thread and what you quoted?

Quick, somebody has pointed out somebody spinning something, best jump in with some absolute nonsense to try and ruin the thread.

italiahorse

How in any way at all is this related to the thread and what you quoted?

Quick, somebody has pointed out somebody spinning something, best jump in with some absolute nonsense to try and ruin the thread.
YAWN
You mentioned facts and I asked where they are.
Keep up.

duffer

But the point here is that these are SISU's accounts, and not the club's.

It's been spun as being an outrage that SISU made a juicy profit out of the club, but as OSB has flagged that's not necessarily an accurate interpretation.

So this is either very lazy journalism, or someone who is pushing an agenda. There's a history of both here as I see it, and that makes getting to the real facts that much harder.

Nick

Administrator
... and I replied to your comment that "they are not using the facts" with the question "where are the facts".

It isn't fact that it is an indicator of where CCFC's money is.
SISU's profit does not mean quids in for Coventry City

Both are factually incorrect and misleading.

OSB has already said the Telegraph's reporting of it is wrong also.

Follow the conversation and it's easy to grasp.

italiahorse

But the point here is that these are SISU's accounts, and not the club's.

It's been spun as being an outrage that SISU made a juicy profit out of the club, but as OSB has flagged that's not necessarily an accurate interpretation.

So this is either very lazy journalism, or someone who is pushing an agenda. There's a history of both here as I see it, and that makes getting to the real facts that much harder.

Do Sisu accounts include any incomes/losses from CCFC business?
They should do, but the detail is not there so depending on your view of Sisu depends which way you bias reporting them.
I'm saying most fans want Sisu gone and will interpret them as negative, particularly as they show a big increase in profits.
I'm saying, why don't Sisu be more honest with us in all sets of accounts it might put them in a better light.

Nick

Administrator
Do Sisu accounts include any incomes/losses from CCFC business?
They should do, but the detail is not there so depending on your view of Sisu depends which way you bias reporting them.
I'm saying most fans want Sisu gone and will interpret them as negative, particularly as they show a big increase in profits.
I'm saying, why don't Sisu be more honest with us in all sets of accounts it might put them in a better light.

That's got nothing to do with what you were originally saying and the point you were trying to push, you are back tracking.

Do most companies label every incoming and outgoing then with what it is and where it came from?

The only bias we have seen about reporting is the links I posted and from the Telegraph it seems. People will interpret them like that because that is how the media are telling them to interpret them.

italiahorse

I think an accountant has posted some clear facts actually on the thread
He hasn't though has he.
He has said there is no evidence either way .... yet.
The 'lazy journalism' as suggested is that they are inferring that Sisu profits are directly from CCFC when we don't really know.
In reality there are no real facts yet so it allows people to slant it how they want depending on their agenda.

italiahorse

That's got nothing to do with what you were originally saying and the point you were trying to push, you are back tracking.

Do most companies label every incoming and outgoing then with what it is and where it came from?

The only bias we have seen about reporting is the links I posted and from the Telegraph it seems. People will interpret them like that because that is how the media are telling them to interpret them.

I think we agree.
But whats the problem in putting Sisu in a bad light at every opportunity ??? ;)

Nick

Administrator
I think we agree.
But whats the problem in putting Sisu in a bad light at every opportunity ??? ;)

I think Dave has already cleared that up hasn't he? What's the point if it is so easy for them to dismiss? Why would it even put SISU in a bad light anyway?

It doesn't put SISU in a bad light, it puts all that NOPM shite in operation again and makes people think their money from tickets goes to SISU directors.

It's more negative for CCFC than it is for SISU.

shmmeee

Don't think they are interested in facts, much easier to make a certain view that people want to hear and push that.

tenor.gif

Look up Hanlons Razor and save yourself an aneurysm would you?

Nick

Administrator
tenor.gif

Not too sure why you always try to give it things like that, nowhere near an aneurysm in the slightest and it's pretty obvious what they are trying to all push.

italiahorse

Imagine not reading things from people like OSB and watching this:

Am I missing the point.
This TV report says the owners of CCFC have made a profit whilst showing a film of CCFC.
Then SG says the same and shows the accounts.
At what point does it say that Sisu made a profit from CCFC?

italiahorse

I think Dave has already cleared that up hasn't he? What's the point if it is so easy for them to dismiss? Why would it even put SISU in a bad light anyway?

It doesn't put SISU in a bad light, it puts all that NOPM shite in operation again and makes people think their money from tickets goes to SISU directors.

It's more negative for CCFC than it is for SISU.
Dave has cleared it up ? LOL

Nick

Administrator
Am I missing the point.
This TV report says the owners of CCFC have made a profit whilst showing a film of CCFC.

Yes, you are clearly missing what it is trying to push and the impression it gives to people.

"Coventry City Owners make a massive profit, last year they won promotion and the year before that the checkatrade"

duffer

tenor.gif

So basically you're saying the mis-reporting of this is stupid, rather than malicious?

Does that make it any better?

Funnily enough, the "don't have an anurysm" type of response is in itself a kind of empty frothing. It adds nothing to the debate, but hey, if it makes you feel like you've won something, enjoy.

italiahorse

Yes, you are clearly missing what it is trying to push and the impression it gives to people.

"Coventry City Owners make a massive profit, last year they won promotion and the year before that the checkatrade"

Impression ?
Is that impression right or wrong because the statements are correct and its solely the video that will influence people?
Answer, unlikely but we don't really know without the facts.
Another Answer, we all hate Sisu though so lets take this opportunity to put them in a bad light.

Nick

Administrator
Impression ?
Is that impression right or wrong because the statements are correct and its solely the video that will influence people?
Answer, unlikely but we don't really know without the facts.
Another Answer, we all hate Sisu though so lets take this opportunity to put them in a bad light.

Yes, an impression is what people will see from the report and what they will take from it. As it was on the main evening news it is pretty obvious people will get the impression that their profit is due to our promotion and Wembley win because of the way the information is presented.

I asked you before how this puts SISU in a bad light and I told you how it puts CCFC in a bad light but you didn't actually reply.

Again, how is it actually putting SISU in a bad light?

What you will usually see is when there is a bit of effort going into "showing SISU in a bad light" there is usually something or somebody else in the background up to something....

Nick

Administrator
So basically you're saying the mis-reporting of this is stupid, rather than malicious?

Does that make it any better?

Funnily enough, the "don't have an anurysm" type of response is in itself a kind of empty frothing. It adds nothing to the debate, but hey, if it makes you feel like you've won something, enjoy.

Bit weird how it is across multiple outlets that they are just "stupid" and even gets shown on the evening news to hammer it home...

Liquid Gold

SISU shot JFK.

I mean they didn't but let's blame them for it, I'm sure it won't detract from what they actually do wrong.

italiahorse

Yes, an impression is what people will see from the report and what they will take from it. As it was on the main evening news it is pretty obvious people will get the impression that their profit is due to our promotion and Wembley win because of the way the information is presented.

I asked you before how this puts SISU in a bad light and I told you how it puts CCFC in a bad light but you didn't actually reply.

Again, how is it actually putting SISU in a bad light?

What you will usually see is when there is a bit of effort going into "showing SISU in a bad light" there is usually something or somebody else in the background up to something....

It definitely puts Sisu in a bad light as it could give the impression they are taking money out the club.
Don't see how it puts CCFC in a bad light though.
You could say that despite the owners the club is advancing.
In fact I will say that.

Nick

Administrator
It definitely puts Sisu in a bad light as it could give the impression they are taking money out the club.
Don't see how it puts CCFC in a bad light though.
You could say that despite the owners the club is advancing.
In fact I will say that.

I have told you how it puts CCFC in a bad light. It will make people think that their money is going to Joy and Dermot so they will start up the NOPM nonsense, refusing to go and getting on the club's back in a negative way.

You were just claiming it didn't give an impression because they didn't say it in as many words:

Am I missing the point.

Make up your mind.

If something isn't proven to be true and it is said about SISU, it doesn't put them in a bad light. It makes it piss easy for them as it detracts from actual things they have done / do.

It is very useful though to get everybody worked up about SISU while other things are going on.

capel & collindridge

Am I missing the point.

Precisely. It doesn't say that. That is what makes it dishonest journalism. It is presented in a way that misleads the public. If it were just carelessness - not bothering to read what is actually there - it would be careless journalism.

The sneaky bit is that we already know they are experts in careless journalism (though many people haven't caught on to that yet). So, if they are eventually held to account for how they have reported this, they can always fall back on the "it was an honest mistake" line of defence. It will sound credible, but it is really calculated.

Nick

Administrator
Precisely. It doesn't say that. That is what makes it dishonest journalism. It is presented in a way that misleads the public. If it were just carelessness - not bothering to read what is actually there - it would be careless journalism.

The sneaky bit is that we already know they are experts in careless journalism (though many people haven't caught on to that yet). So, if they are eventually held to account for how they have reported this, they can always fall back on the "it was an honest mistake" line of defence. It will sound credible, but it is really calculated.

Exactly, it is clear to anybody with eyes how they are trying to present it to people knowing full well how they will see it (regardless of the actual facts). You just need to read the way people react to it and what they say as to how they will interpret it.

italiahorse

I have told you how it puts CCFC in a bad light. It will make people think that their money is going to Joy and Dermot so they will start up the NOPM nonsense, refusing to go and getting on the club's back in a negative way.

You were just claiming it didn't give an impression:

Make up your mind.

If something isn't proven to be true and it is said about SISU, it doesn't put them in a bad light. It makes it piss easy for them as it detracts from actual things they have done / do.

I'm explaining the reasoning behind the report and how it WILL give an impression for some but I'm also pointing out that it is factually correct.

Detracts from what Sisu have done, means ?

Nick

Administrator
I'm explaining the reasoning behind the report and how it WILL give an impression for some but I'm also pointing out that it is factually correct.

Detracts from what Sisu have done, means ?

It means exactly what I have said...

The links I posted weren't factually correct, they were misleading. The news report on the BBC is also very misleading.

It really isn't rocket science.

italiahorse

It will cause more negativity towards CCFC than it will SISU.

Multiple people have explained it but you don't seem to be able to grasp it.

No it won't. More like sympathy.
No one has explained why it will hurt CCFC more than Sisu although for some reason you think they have.
To most it just shows that the owners of CCFC have made a profit.

Users who are viewing this thread