Sisu-ccfc-acl-wasps (1 Viewer)

Grendel

once they are told they have no pursuit they will close the club down.

We are told there are many people out there who would take the club on.

Sleep easy

Grendel

skybluetony176

So they made no serious offer after not only being invited to do so the council leader travelled down to London to meet Joy? Yes or No?

We all know what happened on the Higgs share I don't know why you keep bringing it up. Unless you're trying to dodge the question of course? No, no. You don't do that. What was SISU's serious offer again after being very publicly invited to make one?

Probably this ^

What on earth are you talking about?

Grendel

Probably this ^

Oh that nonsense. They did make an offer did they not? I believe they wanted freehold. Now I do not know if the 250 year lease was offered to them? Was it? I do know that the 125 year lease was if they actually paid £6 million for the Higgs share.

That is interesting is it not? 125 year lease for 50% of ACL at £6 million.

Wasps = 250 year lease for 100% of ACL at under £6 million. The notion also that ACL had no tenant so it was devalued is absurd. It was purchased by Wasps on the basis there would be two tenants and yet at half the price we were offered.

So that is a problem. Were the council ripping the club off do you think? Did they offer the same deal do you think? The fact ACL had its value lowered by the absence of the club proved without the club it was valueless. So why should the club pay an extra premium when it was the only reason there was a premium.

I did not ignore you. It was just another stupid, irrelevant bit of tripe coming from you. Next you will try and convince us that Tony Mowbray is a nobody that couldnt get a job in the Championship.

Astute

Oh that nonsense. They did make an offer did they not? I believe they wanted freehold. Now I do not know if the 250 year lease was offered to them? Was it? I do know that the 125 year lease was if they actually paid £6 million for the Higgs share.

Wasps = 250 year lease for 100% of ACL at under £6 million. The notion also that ACL had no tenant so it was devalued is absurd. It was purchased by Wasps on the basis there would be two tenants and yet at half the price we were offered.

So that is a problem. Were the council ripping the club off do you think? Did they offer the same deal do you think? The fact ACL had its value lowered by the absence of the club proved without the club it was valueless. So why should the club pay an extra premium when it was the only reason there was a premium.

I did not ignore you. It was just another stupid, irrelevant bit of tripe coming from you. Next you will try and convince us that Tony Mowbray is a nobody that couldnt get a job in the Championship.

So what was the offer then? Oh yes I remember now. Freehold or nothing. No bid. No negotiations. No nothing.

Can you remind us if Wasps got the freehold or not?

Grendel

So what was the offer then? Oh yes I remember now. Freehold or nothing. No bid. No negotiations. No nothing.

Can you remind us if Wasps got the freehold or not?

As FP says they were given a 250 year lease we didn't get the offer. Oh and the so called freehold argument was made questionable by a change of hotel ownership.

As FP says history will say that they had the offer we didn't, they didn't have to sell and that is the end.

skybluetony176

Really? What did they offer for the freehold then? A ballpark figure will be fine.

Stop it with this they weren't offered a 250year lease nonsense. They were asked to make an offer. Offers involve terms as well as price.

Were Wasps offered the same offer that SISU made? What was SISU's offer again?

Grendel

Really? What did they offer for the freehold then? All ballpark figure will be fine.

Stop it with this they weren't offered a 250year lease nonsense. They were asked to make an offer. Offers involve terms as well as price.

Were Wasps offered the same offer that SISU made? What was SISU's offer again?

Er.....Lucas said they wanted the freehold included and so all bets were off. Ask Anne what the offer was. She said there was one.

Astute

Er.....Lucas said they wanted the freehold included and so all bets were off. Ask Anne what the offer was. She said there was one.

AL said the door was open for negotiations. SISU said freehold or nothing. Good offer that!

Hobo

Ah this old chestnut! The facts are SISU never got a serious bid off the ground Wasps did. No matter what you think about Wasps they are entitled to put their crests up in a ground they own/control.

SISU despite claiming they had moved on and we're building our own stadium, appear to have made no progress or even intent to complete the task. The cynic might suggest it repeats their attempts to buy into the Ricoh in the first place.

I prefer to concentrate on what Mowbray and his staff are trying to achieve rather that get embroiled in what the SISU business plan is....which for most remains illussive.

Nick

Administrator
Ah this old chestnut! The facts are SISU never got a serious bid off the ground Wasps did. No matter what you think about Wasps they are entitled to put their crests up in a ground they own/control.

SISU despite claiming they had moved on and we're building our own stadium, appear to have made no progress or even intent to complete the task. The cynic might suggest it repeats their attempts to buy into the Ricoh in the first place.

I prefer to concentrate on what Mowbray and his staff are trying to achieve rather that get embroiled in what the SISU business plan is....which for most remains illussive.

I dont think anybody has said they can't put them up, just that we could cover them up when we play there which very much ties in to the bottom bit in bold.

skybluetony176

So Lucas turned down SISU's bid for the leasehold? Is that what you're saying? What was that bid again? I say again like you've already told us. Which of course you haven't as you keep dodging the question.

Grendel

So Lucas turned down SISU's bid for the leasehold? Is that what you're saying? What was that bid again? I say again like you've already told us. Which of course you haven't as you keep dodging the question.

I do know Tony but sadly it's commercially confidential. I'm sure you will accept that won't you?

letsallsingtogether

Look at the end of the Day Sisu like some other deluded posters on here believed that no one else wanted to buy the Ricoh.

After all it was a white Elephant in shitty Holbrooks.

Well we are now where we are because they were ether too stubborn or too stupid, they believed that they would be better off building their own Stadium at 10 times the price of buying a purpose built one.

skybluetony176

I do know Tony but sadly it's commercially confidential. I'm sure you will accept that won't you?

Still dodging the question I see. You're clearly never going to answer it because if you answer it honestly you know it blows your "argument" out the window and fair play to you, you clearly don't want to tell a bare faced lie so you're just dodging the question instead. I see a career in politics calling you.

letsallsingtogether

I dont think anybody has said they can't put them up, just that we could cover them up when we play there which very much ties in to the bottom bit in bold.

But have they even asked?

TF is always moaning that people won't speak to them Council, Higgs, ACL and now Wasps, but the problem is that they refuse to ask or make the first move.

It is like asking a girl for a date if you are always worried that you will get spurned then you will stay single.

letsallsingtogether

Still dodging the question I see. You're clearly never going to answer it because if you answer it honestly you know it blows your "argument" out the window and fair play to you, you clearly don't want to tell a bare faced lie so you're just dodging the question instead. I see a career in politics calling you.

Well he did believe ML ;)

Nick

Administrator
But have they even asked?

TF is always moaning that people won't speak to them Council, Higgs, ACL and now Wasps, but the problem is that they refuse to ask or make the first move.

It is like asking a girl for a date if you are always worried that you will get spurned then you will stay single.
Would they need to ask to put matts down?

Hobo

That's two things I have missed then?
1. People saying they just want things covered up on match days
2. Mowbray moaning about Wasp's signage

Nick

Administrator
That's two things I have missed then?
1. People saying they just want things covered up on match days
2. Mowbray moaning about Wasp's signage
Hasn't mowbray been doing his best to brand everything ccfc? Hasn't he made comments about there been a lack of ccfc at the ground too?

chiefdave

Hasn't mowbray been doing his best to brand everything ccfc? Hasn't he made comments about there been a lack of ccfc at the ground too?
CT / Tony Mowbray said:
Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray says there's no doubt the club have been effected by Wasps' takeover of the Ricoh Arena.
"There is not one Coventry picture up anywhere. Wasps have framed images with scrums, line-outs, and tackles. Where are the ones of Coventry players and fans?
"You want the crest everywhere so the players feel a part of something bigger than them."

skybluetony176

Don't we have our own dressing room? Can we not decorate that how we see fit. It was suggested on here long before TM picked up on it or possibly even before he arrived at the club that the club could get some free standing display boards with CCFC related pictures and stuff on for the tunnel area. Funnily enough alot of the posters who told the likes of myself who was suggesting it at the time was talking bollocks are now shouting the loudest. How times change.

Sick Boy

Don't we have our own dressing room? Can we not decorate that how we see fit. It was suggested on here long before TM picked up on it or possibly even before he arrived at the club that the club could get some free standing display boards with CCFC related pictures and stuff on for the tunnel area. Funnily enough alot of the posters who told the likes of myself who was suggesting it at the time was talking bollocks are now shouting the loudest. How times change.

Yep but Wasps turfed us out of it. Strange as I thought they only want what is best for ccfc.

skybluetony176

Yep but Wasps turfed us out of it. Strange as I thought they only want what is best for ccfc.

I'm not talking about our original dressing room I'm talking about the one that was built for us after they took over, which I'm sure you understood. Still, ignoring the point I was making for a cheap dig at the wasps was always going to get you a like.

Sick Boy

What are you blathering on about? Why does it upset you so much that people dislike 'the wasps'?

The people of Northampton were a lot less accepting of us during our time there.

Users who are viewing this thread