Singers Corner (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Difficult for the usual demographic in the corner.

Why is it difficult?

So sit somewhere else then, it was them that caused the issue in the first place.

Usual woe is me attitude.

chiefdave

Difficult for the usual demographic in the corner.
Why? Doesn't even need to be the same person who uses the all so get two or three of you together and split the cost.
The problem arose from the top of block 15 being all but sold out meaning people bought tickets elsewhere and moved up.
So your complaint is you can't buy tickets for seats that have already been sold and you then aren't allowed to sit in a seat someone else has a ticket for and you don't?

pusbccfc

Why? Doesn't even need to be the same person who uses the all so get two or three of you together and split the cost.

So your complaint is you can't buy tickets for seats that have already been sold and you then aren't allowed to sit in a seat someone else has a ticket for and you don't?

1) For young lads, spending £100+ on a match package or season ticket is difficult.

2) Supporters want to sit near the away fans within the atmospheric area of the ground. Rather than open up block 14 like the old days, they have decided to close blocks.

pusbccfc

Why is it difficult?

So sit somewhere else then, it was them that caused the issue in the first place.

Usual woe is me attitude.

A lot of money for kids to stump up at once.

Sit elsewhere? What if you want to stand?

Nick

Administrator
A lot of money for kids to stump up at once.

Sit elsewhere? What if you want to stand?
Why not club together for match packages?

Get seats at the back of blocks to stand if not

It's caused by people like that in the first place isn't it?

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

What was that over, any ideas
Apparently the guy was a bit pissed and trying to get the atmosphere going but got frustrated when it didn’t start. The woman told him to fuck off and asked demanded her boyfriend beat him up, when he didn’t they shouted for a bit until the police came then they had a hug.

pusbccfc

It's £108, split it between 2 or 3 people or even 6 of you and its £18 quid each.

EFL regulations state: 'Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress'. This is why we have the problem in the first place.

For you and I that isn't bad, but if you're a spotty teenager, that's a lot.

pusbccfc

Why not club together for match packages?

Get seats at the back of blocks to stand if not

It's caused by people like that in the first place isn't it?

I'm not sure it was. The blokes that were crowding the stairs in the final few games were clearly part timers.

End of the day, it will spoil the atmosphere in the games with lower crowds.

pusbccfc

It's £108, split it between 2 or 3 people or even 6 of you and its £18 quid each.

EFL regulations state: 'Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress'. This is why we have the problem in the first place.

People stand in every stadium across the country.

The Lurker

lol can’t believe I’ve just read that. EFL regulations state. good job you don’t go away games. Seriously a few 100 youngsters standing in a corner is not going to cause another Hillsborough. They are the only ones generating an atmosphere unless you want the ground to be a library?

Nick

Administrator
You have said these are part timers also?
I'm not sure it was. The blokes that were crowding the stairs in the final few games were clearly part timers.

End of the day, it will spoil the atmosphere in the games with lower crowds.

chiefdave

lol can’t believe I’ve just read that. EFL regulations state. good job you don’t go away games.
Think about what is being asked.

The club is being criticised for a restriction put in place on them by the SAG for breaches of the ground regulations.

You're fighting a losing battle if the line you want to take with the club, as suggested by pusbccfc, is that the clubs actions are preventing people from now breaking the regulations. Doesn't matter what happens in other grounds, its not the safety committee of any other ground that is dictating terms to us.

If people want the restrictions to be removed they need to come up with an argument supporting that which doesn't involve breaching ground regulations.

Nick

Administrator
Think about what is being asked.

The club is being criticised for a restriction put in place on them by the SAG for breaches of the ground regulations.

You're fighting a losing battle if the line you want to take with the club, as suggested by pusbccfc, is that the clubs actions are preventing people from now breaking the regulations. Doesn't matter what happens in other grounds, its not the safety committee of any other ground that is dictating terms to us.

If people want the restrictions to be removed they need to come up with an argument supporting that which doesn't involve breaching ground regulations.

Yeah but they are stopping people from getting to that block who don't have tickets to sit in that block?

It's too much hassle for them to get tickets in that block so they should just let whoever sit in that block.

giphy.gif

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I've moved to block 16, good atmosphere, albeit some knuckle dragger behind me was unable to complete a sentence without the use of the f-word. We've got kids with us, so we don't want standing as the kids can't see.

It was obvious that a few had tickets for other block but were just travelling across the rows to get to 15/16.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I didn't sit in my season ticket seat for this game as I had mates come with us & there was no space around us so we moved to block 18. I couldn't believe 10 minutes into a new season where we've just been promoted into a new league, and I still manage to find myself in front of a moron who literally has absolutely nothing positive to say. Every slightly misplaced pass is like they've ran the ball into their own net deliberately. Why do these people bother coming to games?

Liquid Gold

I don't think we should be arguing against standing. Every team in the country has an unofficial standing section and the sooner we formalise it with proper safe standing the better. The problem is people knowing we have restrictions in place due to fans moving from one part of the ground to another then doing exactly that meaning either the restrictions are likely to get worse or the club will be charged for further enforcement. Just sit in the seat you've bought a ticket for, if it's a standing section then stand if it's seating then sit. Don't take your kids around the corner if you don't want them to hear bad language and don't swear around the family area. I think we all need to take a step back and not claim to be the arbiter of how you enjoy a football match.

On a positive note I thought 15 was pretty busy on Saturday and mostly with faces I recognise which is good.

Also my other half found going to the ticket office a pain so bought a season ticket yesterday so hopefully instead of putting people off this move is generating more money for the club.

Tommo72

Is there a case for making a block completely unreserved in the future? Mind cause more problems than solve them but at least when it’s full it’s full, thoughts?

Ashdown

We bought a couple of 6 match packages on the Morning of the match. Converted 2 tickets for the game in row V of block 26 and sat in them for the first half but then the sun swept round and rather than cook we moved back up into the shade further up for the 2nd half. Loads of free seats so no problem. It's just about common sense with fans and stewards really.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Is there a case for making a block completely unreserved in the future? Mind cause more problems than solve them but at least when it’s full it’s full, thoughts?

They would never allow it unfortunately.

The bottom of block 15 has always been empty, it's a shame no one wants to sit there rather than at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread