Singers corner (1 Viewer)

Tommystours

This may sound controversial, but they seemed a little subdued last night.
You guys and gals normally do a great job, in starting the chants/songs and sitting in block 20 I think you are great, but strangely the crowd did not react/respond as they normally do.
My point is that after Walsall scored , Singers Corner broke into a rendition of Don't Worry bout a thing.
Which is dour , but is fine at the right time.
What was needed was more SKY BLUE ARMY chants and the SKY BLUE SONG . Myself and about 20 others tried to get the chant going but whether the crowd was nervous or just drained ,as we could have been heading for defeat , don't know.
I am not saying it would have helped us win , but at Chesterfield, and Crewe it was fantastic, and other home games we were the 12th man.
LORD KITCHENER WILL BE THERE ON SATURDAY
YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU.
PUSB:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Specs WT-R75

This may sound controversial, but they seemed a little subdued last night.
You guys and gals normally do a great job, in starting the chants/songs and sitting in block 20 I think you are great, but strangely the crowd did not react/respond as they normally do.
My point is that after Walsall scored , Singers Corner broke into a rendition of Don't Worry bout a thing.
Which is dour , but is fine at the right time.
What was needed was more SKY BLUE ARMY chants and the SKY BLUE SONG . Myself and about 20 others tried to get the chant going but whether the crowd was nervous or just drained ,as we could have been heading for defeat , don't know.
I am not saying it would have helped us win , but at Chesterfield, and Crewe it was fantastic, and other home games we were the 12th man.
LORD KITCHENER WILL BE THERE ON SATURDAY
YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU.
PUSB:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Since the club started selling block 14 on the gate it has actually worsened the atmosphere slightly in Singers Corner. You would have people moving over from other areas (pay on gate brigade) to sit in Block 14 as unreserved and this would enhance the atmosphere in that corner. I don't really know why the club insists on selling the half block of 14 on the gate when they could just give people tickets in B23/24/25 etc...

It's a minor gripe - closing behind the goal has been the right decision, I just don't quite understand this one. If they must sell B14 then sell them online so that people that want to sit there can actually buy them...

Liquid Gold

Since the club started selling block 14 on the gate it has actually worsened the atmosphere slightly in Singers Corner. You would have people moving over from other areas (pay on gate brigade) to sit in Block 14 as unreserved and this would enhance the atmosphere in that corner. I don't really know why the club insists on selling the half block of 14 on the gate when they could just give people tickets in B23/24/25 etc...

It's a minor gripe - closing behind the goal has been the right decision, I just don't quite understand this one. If they must sell B14 then sell them online so that people that want to sit there can actually buy them...

Definitely this, a few times since the gate has got bigger I've been stuck in front of families with small children who want to sit down and don't create any atmosphere. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are coming back but they should be informed that this area of the ground people stand and there will be bad language.

Evo1883

It's the 3 blocks 15/16 and some of 17 , still waiting for the middle of the tesco stand to start a song ;) , although I fear that may never happen

Specs WT-R75

Definitely this, a few times since the gate has got bigger I've been stuck in front of families with small children who want to sit down and don't create any atmosphere. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are coming back but they should be informed that this area of the ground people stand and there will be bad language.

I suspect they don't have much choice... not even sure where they sell these tickets from since the pay on gate are nowhere near Singers...

I sometimes think they do it just to annoy the regulars...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Completely agree.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Can only comment on the second half as I was in the other corner for the first half, but It did seem subdued a little bit.

I remember clock watching from about 65 minutes though, as we started soaking up so much pressure, and I felt quite nervous. I don't know if the rest of singers corner echoed my feelings, but it might have been the anticipation got to the crowd a little bit.

Certainly after 80 minutes and their goal it was complete deflation. Maybe we need a good couple of goals Saturday to get the crowd going.

pusbccfc

I am at the bottom of block 15 and have had to sit in recent months due to the families. Really annoying and has wrecked the atmosphere.

shmmeee

Torchy will laugh at me again, but it being cold really does dampen the atmosphere.

WestEndAgro

All it lacked was a second goal, if AA's chance had gone in the place would have been jumping.

Steve.B50

Block 15 are mainly younger people but they are enthusiastic and do a good job, however I think blocks 16 and 17 are the ones who actually get the place rocking.

cornoccfc

Definitely a fair number of non regulars in B15 who you wouldn't expect to be there on Tuesday!

exhallskyblue

Having had a season ticket in block 15 since the ricoh return (mainly due to the fact I can stand, shout sing and what not through the game) I would say the last two games it has been a bit off. This is probably down to a couple of reasons -

-The ground filling up more, and seeing new faces around who don't contribute to the songs/atmosphere
- The same songs over and over& relying on the younger fans far left underneat the scoreboard to get something going. if they don't then it doesn't tend to happen.
-The weather. yes it does play a part and for the Walsall game I think it did.

But all this has been better since last season, imagine being there when attendances were 8000 and vast amounts of seats in front of you empty. I prefer this season atmosphere wise!

Also do the away fans have to be so far away. yes I understand segregation and all but if they were a bit closer even with the cording off, I think it would create a better atmosphere. Just my two cents

OffenhamSkyBlue

That's the problem with attracting bigger crowds: the occasionals/newbies don't know where to go, or know the words to the songs, or even how to behave. That is bound to have an impact.
The segregation thing will be down to what happens on the concourse: they can't use the staircases that are on "our" side of the divide down there, even in an emergency. The only way to do it would be to move US closer (i.e. start occupying blocks behind that goal before the North stand)

There doesn't seem to be that much variety in the songs these days. Exemplified by the earlier poster asking for more renditions of the Sky Blue Song and Sky Blue Army. That seems to be all we get at the moment. Just an observation.

stevefloyd

Fucking hate in our coventry homes... pule of pap twist and shout is much better and i am bored of that... thats it me moan over for the day

Bugsy

Where has Jesus gone and the triangle lol .... I like all our songs I like singing....PUSB

Hobo

I can see Benik Afobe being a new song and all the away fans stood there thinking "what the f??k?"

Buster

Dont know why , but since the emergence of the "right side ,the left side has been somewhat subdued

Hobo

Dont know why , but since the emergence of the "right side ,the left side has been somewhat subdued

Now you are getting political

ajsccfc

I'm not keen on that 'you're fucking shit, you're fucking shit' song. I'm ok with swearing, but it's a bit on the nose.

Bugsy

Jesus got a life ban for going on the pitch few years back ahha

Hahaha that quote lol

That's a shame I enjoyed his presence when he was there...PUSB

God is a skyblue too.

Last edited:

Buster

Think we should leave the "Your F------g Shit " til we're at least 2 goals up ,not on 3 minutes when they concede a throw in . Just askin for a quick goal against and roars of laughter from the away

covhead1

Think we should leave the "Your F------g Shit " til we're at least 2 goals up ,not on 3 minutes when they concede a throw in . Just askin for a quick goal against and roars of laughter from the away

Absolutly right.

I stand nearish to the back in block 16 and reckon that there is too many family types now using this block and its killing the atmosphere.
Wish they'd all fuck off

ajsccfc

'Who are ya' is another. I'm sure that song is cursed and all but guarantees an opposition goal.

wingy

Anyway sort your shit out SBA
get proper behind the lads on Saturday.
No more excuses,we didn't help the lads on Tuesday.

Otis

Anyway sort your shit out SBA
get proper behind the lads on Saturday.
No more excuses,we didn't help the lads on Tuesday.
Was rather quiet.

Not sure if it was the Bovril, the whistle or someone shouting Benik Afobe, but something stole our voices.

R

RB1992

The Sky Blue Song is oversung to the point it's embarrassing. Two or three times a game yes, not two or three times every ten minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I just don't get why families buy tickets for block 15 and 16. The ticket prices are exactly the same, and the view is shite.

wingy

I just don't get why families buy tickets for block 15 and 16. The ticket prices are exactly the same, and the view is shite.
Doesn't the club now have a singers corner rep on the SCG now?
That would be the place to give feedback If I'm correct.

Users who are viewing this thread