Simon Moore (1 Viewer)

fatso

Had a blinder against Blackpool, didnt have much to do against Reading.
But he has certainly expelled a lot of fears so far, and the defence seems less panicked with him behind them.

Hobo

Had a blinder against Blackpool, didnt have much to do against Reading.
But he has certainly expelled a lot of fears so far, and the defence seems less panicked with him behind them.

Did what he needed to do. He had a hand in the winning goal, the move started with him.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Still early days, but I'm encouraged by Moore's displays thus far. I watched the pre-season friendly against Sevilla and will admit I had my doubts about his abilities. Hope he keeps it up.

He's going to get tested on Saturday against QPR ,they like to play on the counter attack.

slowpoke

He’s a safe pair of hands obviously going to be times when a goal is conceded he could have done better with but the main thing is our defence seem confident in him. But we still have some odd fans a chap just behind me reckoned he should of done better with the Reading penalty by not diving the wrong way. 🤨

Sky Blue Pete

He’s a safe pair of hands obviously going to be times when a goal does in he could have done better with but the main thing is our defence seem confident in him. But we still have some odd fans a chap just behind me reckoned he should of done better with the Reading penalty by not diving the wrong.🥴way.
It’s what gyokeres should have done against Barnsley

Great_Expectations

Certainly an upgrade on previous seasons and seems a very shrewd signing.

Great to see how confident he is especially considering he’s barely played for two years - shows a real belief in himself.

He’s done everything asked of him so far. If there’s a slight reservation it’s that he’s not been tested for a sustained period of time - he’s not faced a real barrage of attacks. I’m confident he’ll stand up to the test, especially as the last few games will have eliminated any match rustiness.

Good signing in a really important position.

Sky Blue Pete

Great to see how confident he is especially considering he’s barely played for two years - shows a real belief in himself.

He’s done everything asked of him so far. If there’s a slight reservation it’s that he’s not been tested for a sustained period of time - he’s not faced a real barrage of attacks. I’m confident he’ll stand up to the test, especially as the last few games will have eliminated any match rustiness.

Lucky

fernandopartridge

Tbf Blackpool tested him a number of times the other night but yeah, in general he's not had too much to deal with. Cardiff and Middlesbrough will be big tests due to the way both teams play, especially the former.

rob9872

He doesn't have to make so many spectacular saves as he commands his box and comes out to catch it. Hard to believe we're congratulating a keeper on doing what he should do, but after so many seasons without it's certainly noticeable. Marosi was an instant upgrade on what went before and now Moore is again. Amazing how quickly we'd got used to not even having mediocre.

slowpoke

He doesn't have to make so many spectacular saves as he commands his box and comes out to catch it. Hard to believe we're congratulating a keeper on doing what he should do, but after so many seasons without it's certainly noticeable. Marosi was an instant upgrade on what went before and now Moore is again. Amazing how quickly we'd got used to not even having mediocre.
I would never knock Marosi he was okay most the time had a wobble or two in him but Moore is better simple as that.

D

Deleted member 2477

Yep you can see the difference he makes to the defence. They are a lot more confident with him between the sticks. He commands his area and can pick a ball out of the air which both Marosi and Wilson seemed to struggle with.

just need agent Burge to work his magic now for Sunderlands inevitable drop

PVA

Nevermind the triple saves, it's so good to have a keeper that commands his area and can deal with crosses. Something we haven't had since... Westwood? Murphy?

Also I never panic when he's playing the ball out short like I did with Marosi, he looks so calm and comfortable.

shmmeee

Top top signing. Commands his area well, smart player as well in terms of game management. Distribution is excellent and a good shot stopper. Real all rounder.

letsallsingtogether

Just waiting for his first mistake.
This site will go nuclear!

Sky Blue Pete

Top top signing. Commands his area well, smart player as well in terms of game management. Distribution is excellent and a good shot stopper. Real all rounder.
Had a cheeky word with DB last night and confirmed it was a 3 year deal and they feel they have a keeper in his prime who had no weakness

lifeskyblue

And I thought after that pre season in Spain that we had gone backwards on the goalkeeping front. How wrong I was. I no longer panic when teams lump it into our box, or when our keeper has the ball at feet. I’m sure he will make mistakes as the season progresses but he is a calming influence on those in front…great to see a defence trust the keeper and the keeper having faith in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Just waiting for his first mistake.
This site will go nuclear!
@shmmeee currently:

giphy.gif

ccfc_Tom

Nevermind the triple saves, it's so good to have a keeper that commands his area and can deal with crosses. Something we haven't had since... Westwood? Murphy?

Also I never panic when he's playing the ball out short like I did with Marosi, he looks so calm and comfortable.

He also mixes it up, If needed he will go long and they are accurate kicks. I don't know if this is a change of tactic from Robins cause with Marosi it was always a short pass regardless of the press.

Great signing though, he makes everything look effortless. Early days but best keeper since the prem for me (if he keeps up this form).

shmmeee

All that said, the pedant in me feels the need to point out that the man himself said it was a double save not a triple and Fadz got his boot to the last one. Though he would have saved it if he hadn’t so I guess I can let it slide.

Users who are viewing this thread