Simon Moore (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Was the position we really need to prioritise upgrading in in my opinion and we have as far as I'm concerned..
Would have preferred to keep Marosi as 2nd choice over Wilson but I think there was a falling out.

cc84cov

Was the position we really need to prioritise upgrading in in my opinion and we have as far as I'm concerned..
Would have preferred to keep Marosi as 2nd choice over Wilson but I think there was a falling out.
Looks a lot better for me he commands his area well comes for crosses with ease

Gint11

Until he makes a mistake, which he will, and then you’ll say he’s useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggs will add Moore to his list of ‘shit’’ players

Last edited:

slowpoke

The ones who were on here from day one of him signing should come back and discuss. There’s even a post on another thread today mentioning that Kieran Westwood is still available, mug.

Gint11

I listened to the game on the radio and by all accounts his box commanding and handling was good

skybluegod

Perfect case of a player being written off by some before he had played competitively for us. Judged off a pre-season friendly against Sevilla.

Impressed by his claiming of crosses, it relieves so much pressure, and he's happy to go long with distribution when needed rather than fannying about.

Obviously we haven't seen much from him shot stopping wise, bar that good save against forest. Think defensively we have done pretty well this season its been two sloppy errors that have led to the goals we have conceded

Last edited:

Esoterica

Perfect case of a player being written off by some before he had played competitively for us. Judged off a pre-season friendly against Sevilla.

Impressed by his claiming of crosses, it relieves so much pressure, and he's happy to go long with distribution when needed rather than fannying about.

Obviously we haven't seen much from him shot stopping wise, bar that good save against forest. Thin defensively we have done pretty well this season its been two sloppy errors that have led to the goals we have conceded
Made a good one very early against Barnsley too, was very quick off his line to close the gap to the striker who broke through. He just looks like a proper goalkeeper all the way down to his body language - he owns the penalty box. Miles ahead of Wilson.

Garryb80

Imagine my surprise that he has turned out OK. Certain posters had him hung before he had even got to Spain for training.

skybluegod

Made a good one very early against Barnsley too, was very quick off his line to close the gap to the striker who broke through. He just looks like a proper goalkeeper all the way down to his body language - he owns the penalty box. Miles ahead of Wilson.

To be fair it was Rose that actually passed (well just hit) it back at Moore not the Barnsley striker! But agreed far better than Wilson on first viewings!

Adge

to go long with distribution when needed rather than fannying about.

Obbar that good save against forest. Think defensively we have done pretty well this season its been two sloppy errors that have led to the goals we have conceded
[/QUOTE]

Obviously we haven't seen much from him shot stopping wise, bar that good save against forest. Think defensively we have done pretty well this season its been two sloppy errors that have led to the goals we have conceded
And as we all know that if you are a “ good shot stopper” as a goalkeeper, that means you have the complete package, never mind the rest of your game 😁

fatso

So far so good, he's done well and I'm sure he will get better as his confidence grows.

But I'm still baffled that we gave Wilson a 2 year contract 🤷‍♂️

slowpoke

So far so good, he's done well and I'm sure he will get better as his confidence grows.

To give Billson time to improve he will be back for next season hopefully with a years experience under his belt and ready to be number two and challenge Moore for a first team spot, would then leave Wilson twelve months to perhaps move on. I think he’s an okay number two.

COV

why? It is genuinely weird that you haven’t worked out yet that we don’t have money to be buying players, we have to strengthen where possible and work with the rest

SlowerThanPlatt

To give Billson time to improve he will be back for next season hopefully with a years experience under his belt and ready to be number two and challenge Moore for a first team spot, would then leave Wilson twelve months to perhaps move on. I think he’s an okay number two.
Billson got injured in Scunthorpe’s first game, out for 2 months

skybluegod

Thought he was a little slow off his line for the goal

It was a case of he can try come rushing out and risk the pen and red card but hopefully get the ball or he could try stand tall, and hope to put off the attacker, whilst Hyam potentially came across.

It wasn't like they were in a foot race for a ball over the top, not sure there is much he could have done differently to change the outcome personally.

fatso

why? It is genuinely weird that you haven’t worked out yet that we don’t have money to be buying players, we have to strengthen where possible and work with the rest
There were/are better options available on free transfers.

And wages arnt a problem when signing unemployed footballers!

fatso

Really?
A cursory glance on the football market website will give 5 pages of currently unattached/ out of contract goalkeepers!
Not to mention those we were considering when we opted for Moore, and the lad from Brighton we were rumoured to be interested in. (Chris Walton)
It certainly ain't difficult to find them!

Users who are viewing this thread