Signings (1 Viewer)

better days

I doubt much will happen until the infection rate goes right down
Anyone who's been to the opticians, dentist or for a hospital appointment will tell you that everyone is in PPE and only quite urgent things are being done
Transfers involve thorough medicals with scans etc so although financial details can be agreed remotely nothing can be finalised until the medical has taken place
I doubt a transfer medical would be seen as an emergency for the moment

the rumpo kid

Physios on the pitch in every game since the restart ,take the appropriate precautions including tests ,no problem, you can't spread something you don't have.

Sky Blue Harry H

I doubt much will happen until the infection rate goes right down
Anyone who's been to the opticians, dentist or for a hospital appointment will tell you that everyone is in PPE and only quite urgent things are being done
Transfers involve thorough medicals with scans etc so although financial details can be agreed remotely nothing can be finalised until the medical has taken place
I doubt a transfer medical would be seen as an emergency for the moment

But the infection rate might not go down much before the resumption of the new season?

Wiseoldfool

If we make any new signings would they go straight onto being furlough or would the club have to pay them.Can't see the government agreeing to the former.

twistandshout

If we make any new signings would they go straight onto being furlough or would the club have to pay them.Can't see the government agreeing to the former.
To qualify for furlough you must have been employed by the company on February 29th.
Also the scheme is now closed to new applicants.

win9nut

Any new signings won't be eligible for Furlough...
You have to be employed by your employer from mid-March.
I started a new role early March, then after two weeks in the office was told to WFH.
I didn't qualify for Furlough initially, as the original date according to the scheme was 28th Feb, but then they thankfully changed the date to 19th March.
I was told initially, that I would have to contact my former employer to ask them to pay me Furlough if my new employer decided Furlough was right. Thankfully I still have a good relationship with my former employer...
That ended up being a longer post than anticipated...

better days

Doctors in private hospitals are the same people as those who staff NHS ones
I have had urgent treatment at a private hospital thie week and had to have my temperature taken and wear a mask before admission
All medics were in PPE
Difficult to see how a medical would qualify as urgent at this moment when all our staff and players are on furlough so the player couldn't train with or meet the squad

fernandopartridge

I have had urgent treatment at a private hospital thie week and had to have my temperature taken and wear a mask before admission
All medics were in PPE
Difficult to see how a medical would qualify as urgent at this moment when all our staff and players are on furlough so the player couldn't train with or meet the squad

I know, i am not disagreeing with you. My inference is that infection protocols will be identical no matter whether it was private or not.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

All medics were in PPE
Hope all is alright better days and nothing too serious!

SkyBlueCRJ

Why can't potential new signings just be tested, undergo quarantine until the test results come back and then go for their medical?

Deity

Absolute nonsense Better Days.

Medical’s are private. Seriousness is not a consideration, just money.

I had a private, non urgent or important, procedure yesterday. PPE yes, temp check yes, but beyond that a totally normal experience.

clubs will conclude deals and transactions as quickly as possible. Failing to do that means you may the lose the player to another club.

skybluegod

All medics were in PPE

Lots of normal stuff opening up at the moment, medicals for armed forces etc have all just restarted, don't think the infection rate will get much lower for at least 3 month's, not saying we will be signing someone tomorrow, but don't think medicals will be the reason as the safety measures in place definitely aren't going to end any time soon

Johnnythespider

All medics were in PPE
Would a medical still be carried out on somebody like O'Hare, who played a whole season for us ?

Liquid Gold

@better days Would this be the case with someone like O'Hare. He was with us all through last season so we surely know his medical status.

Also is it possible to get them to sign a pre-contract, say 50% of the agreed wages until we can get the medical done so long as the player or their agent don't open talks with other clubs.

It is still obviously about money, Chelsea got the Werner deal through easily enough.

SkyBlueCRJ

@better days Would this be the case with someone like O'Hare. He was with us all through last season so we surely know his medical status.

Also is it possible to get them to sign a pre-contract, say 50% of the agreed wages until we can get the medical done so long as the player or their agent don't open talks with other clubs.

It is still obviously about money, Chelsea got the Werner deal through easily enough.

Given our medical team probably haven't evaluated O'Hare in x amount of months surely we'd be mad not to put him through another medical before signing any percentage of a contract, even if it was just to be safe?

Last edited:

cooperskyblue

Not many though.
I think champiomship signings will be impacted by the fact the season is till going. L1 and L2 clubs will be able to sign people as has been the case. I juat think the uncertainty of knowing when he next season will start will impact that

Deity

The point isn’t the volume of deals it’s that deals are not being stopped because of Medical’s as better days suggested

jto123

Just wondering if signings will be harder because of our move up to the championship. Was probably easier to get players in the lower leagues because we were the biggest fish in that pond. Getting quality players at this level means competing with big teams therefore it will probably be more of a slog.

better days

Absolute nonsense Better Days.

Medical’s are private. Seriousness is not a consideration, just money.

I had a private, non urgent or important, procedure yesterday. PPE yes, temp check yes, but beyond that a totally normal experience.

clubs will conclude deals and transactions as quickly as possible. Failing to do that means you may the lose the player to another club.
It's only my opinion as I have no inside information but it's been like Fort Knox at the hospital I went to in Central London
It's nothing serious in my case thankfully

David O'Day

Medicals are still happening and outside of the covid-19 cases (which are quite low for hospital admissions at the moment) the NHS is not busy at all so staff would be free to do a medical private or nhs.

Users who are viewing this thread