Signings Incoming...... (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

He's a left footer but he's already on loan at Birmingham, not long back from injury.

Should have said, not something I’d look at til the summer anyway, but exactly the type of player we should be targeting. He’s moving into his last year of contract and can’t imagine Chelsea will be looking to keep him on. Quick, ball playing, Championship experience and left-sided. Funnily enough, played under Viveash in the academy. That said, it’s possible he’ll be out of our price range.

Magwitch

Should have said, not something I’d look at til the summer anyway, but exactly the type of player we should be targeting. He’s moving into his last year of contract and can’t imagine Chelsea will be looking to keep him on. Quick, ball playing, Championship experience and left-sided. Funnily enough, played under Viveash in the academy. That said, it’s possible he’ll be out of our price range.
Do you mean wages ? There’s no fee if he is out of contract.

SBAndy

Do you mean wages ? There’s no fee if he is out of contract.

“Moving into his last year” = 1 year remaining after this. By the looks of things (reported by the Mirror) he’s only on £5k p/w which is fairly reasonable.

stevefloyd

I know Robins can be stubborn at times but it is paramount that Sisu back Robins in finding a striker, we give stupid goals away at times but are missing sooo many chances now ...something has to change and Max and Joko isn't the answer

Sky Blue Pete

I know Robins can be stubborn at times but it is paramount that Sisu back Robins in finding a striker, we give stupid goals away at times but are missing sooo many chances now ...something has to change and Max and Joko isn't the answer
I think we may be disappointed. We need to stay up that is the sole priority this year

Frostie

Probably not really one we'll be looking at now as not a priority in this window, but given we'll likely have no LB/LWB on the books come the summer this would be a fantastic signing.

Would be an absolute steal if the £500k figure rumoured is correct.

Skybluefaz

Probably not really one we'll be looking at now as not a priority in this window, but given we'll likely have no LB/LWB on the books come the summer this would be a fantastic signing.

giphy.gif

Close enough

Frostie

You just know we are gonna end up with max & Baka lol I think Godden is all but done this season I just hope Walker can stay fit after this injury

It's hardly surprising. There's a reason the majority of deals aren't done until just before the window closes.

Magwitch

Doesn’t look like anything doing this week from telegraph article but things change quickly don’t they
Reading his article it sounds like there’s a deal bubbling away and also sounds to me if it happens it’s likely to be an attacking midfielder, ideally a striker too but he’s talking about just one more signing. I have sympathy for him in an ideal world he would go and bid for his wishful player, we don’t know he may have is eye on someone but they might not be available until the end of season. A lot might depend when Tyler Walker is fit not heard any update on that. As we seen Saturday we are creating chances.

Sky Blue Harry H

We are one injury away from just having Baka which terrifies me. Even when Walker returns it’s still too light up front. Biamou leading the line every week in the Championship...damn

We'll go Barca style with a false 9 if Max gets injured, Just pack the middle and confuse the hell out of the opposition when their centre backs have no-one to mark. Alternative - when Rose is fit - is to throw Psycho Ostigard up front to play as a loose cannon striker!!

Brighton Sky Blue

We'll go Barca style with a false 9 if Max gets injured, Just pack the middle and confuse the hell out of the opposition when their centre backs have no-one to mark. Alternative - when Rose is fit - is to throw Psycho Ostigard up front to play as a loose cannon striker!!

I see your Ostigard and raise you 4-3-3 with Camp, Bilson and a masked Marosi leading the wedge

shmmeee

Was perusing some data analysis sites and he came up as a recommended player. Few weak spots around heading and passing but his key passes are insane for a LB. Worth a punt.

shmmeee

We are one injury away from just having Baka which terrifies me. Even when Walker returns it’s still too light up front. Biamou leading the line every week in the Championship...damn

We’re one injury away from Jordon Thompson playing in the back three but everyone seems fine with that 🤷

Reactions: PVA

shmmeee

DaCosta can play there, Rose is on the mend and we could go to a back four, how many centre-backs do you want ?

Same as others want for strikers: one for the team and one for cover. Rose isn’t making the match day squad. Our CB cover is Jordan Thompson. Ben Sheaf can play there too and James but I wouldn’t want them to. Kasta can play up front, doesn’t mean we don’t need a ST.

Brighton Sky Blue

Same as others want for strikers: one for the team and one for cover. Rose isn’t making the match day squad. Our CB cover is Jordan Thompson. Ben Sheaf can play there too and James but I wouldn’t want them to. Kasta can play up front, doesn’t mean we don’t need a ST.

Kasta is a meme though

Magwitch

So we sign another centre back for injury cover when we have three who can cover there plus Rose due back soon from injury. We have little or no money I think our priority if we can conjure up some dosh isn’t a defender.

Magwitch

So we sign another centre back for injury cover when we have three who can cover there plus Rose due back soon from injury. We have little or no money I think our priority if we can conjure up some dosh isn’t a defender.
I forgot we have Pask too.

shmmeee

I didn’t say it was. Just noting where people are losing their shit about cover. If we can get a ST in, great, but we need a CB, LWB, AM and arguably GK as well for the squad long term.

We’re comfortable enough not to do panic signings. Walker is back in a month. If a young player we’ve scouted comes up in a position we need we should sign them. But I’d rather we wait and get in the next Dublin than rush and bring in the next McKenzie.

Magwitch

I didn’t say it was. Just noting where people are losing their shit about cover. If we can get a ST in, great, but we need a CB, LWB, AM and arguably GK as well for the squad long term.

We’re comfortable enough not to do panic signings. Walker is back in a month. If a young player we’ve scouted comes up in a position we need we should sign them. But I’d rather we wait and get in the next Dublin than rush and bring in the next McKenzie.
I am sure Robins is armed with a wish for list fur any summer recruitment.

Users who are viewing this thread