SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (1 Viewer)

PVA

Happy Season 2 GIF by PBS

the rumpo kid

Saka saka
Saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka saka!

Sky Blue Pete

Japan squad:

Goalkeepers: Daiya Maekawa (Vissel Kobe), Zion Suzuki (Sint-Truiden/BEL), Taishi Brandon Nozawa (FC Tokyo)

Defenders: Shogo Taniguchi (Al-Rayyan/QAT), Kou Itakura (Monchengladbach/GER), Tsuyoshi Watanabe (Gent/BEL), Yuta Nakayama (Huddersfield/ENG), Koki Machida (Union SG/BEL), Seiya Maikuma (Cerezo Osaka), Takehiro Tomiyasu (Arsenal/ENG), Hiroki Ito (Stuttgart/GER), Yukinari Sugawara (AZ/NED)

Midfielders/forwards: Wataru Endo (Liverpool/ENG), Junya Ito (Reims/FRA), Takuma Asano (Bochum/GER), Takumi Minamino (Monaco/FRA), Hidemasa Morita (Sporting/POR), Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton/ENG), Daizen Maeda (Celtic/SCO), Reo Hatate (Celtic/SCO), Ritsu Doan (Freiburg/GER), Ayase Ueda (Feyenoord/NED), Keito Nakamura (Reims/FRA), Kaishu Sano (Kashima Antlers), Takefusa Kubo (Real Sociedad/ESP), Mao Hosoya (Kashiwa Reysol)

ovduk78

Japan squad:

Goalkeepers: Daiya Maekawa (Vissel Kobe), Zion Suzuki (Sint-Truiden/BEL), Taishi Brandon Nozawa (FC Tokyo)

Defenders: Shogo Taniguchi (Al-Rayyan/QAT), Kou Itakura (Monchengladbach/GER), Tsuyoshi Watanabe (Gent/BEL), Yuta Nakayama (Huddersfield/ENG), Koki Machida (Union SG/BEL), Seiya Maikuma (Cerezo Osaka), Takehiro Tomiyasu (Arsenal/ENG), Hiroki Ito (Stuttgart/GER), Yukinari Sugawara (AZ/NED)

Midfielders/forwards: Wataru Endo (Liverpool/ENG), Junya Ito (Reims/FRA), Takuma Asano (Bochum/GER), Takumi Minamino (Monaco/FRA), Hidemasa Morita (Sporting/POR), Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton/ENG), Daizen Maeda (Celtic/SCO), Reo Hatate (Celtic/SCO), Ritsu Doan (Freiburg/GER), Ayase Ueda (Feyenoord/NED), Keito Nakamura (Reims/FRA), Kaishu Sano (Kashima Antlers), Takefusa Kubo (Real Sociedad/ESP), Mao Hosoya (Kashiwa Reysol)
Spoilsport!!!!!!

skybluecam

Japan have posted their Asia Cup squad on X
How has Kyogo (Celtic) not made the squad?

I did have a look to compare the selection to Saka, but to be fair they're all either playing at top level European leagues or the domestic one. So he'd have to do a lot to get in.

Astute

Give him a pay rise and a new contract, I'm sure other clubs are seeing how good he is .
Why would that make any difference?

He is under a long contract. He would just be under another long contract. Any offers made would be the same. But when we reach the Prem it will be new contract time.

Astute

I thought he was on a 3 year contract ?
A 3 year contract in this case was best for both sides. Because of his age and experience his highest value will be within the next 12 to 18 months. Then it will dwindle very quickly.

One thing to consider is that Japanese people are very honorable. Can't see him banging down the door asking for a move. If a big offer comes in at the end of the season and we don't get promoted they would have to talk. Because if Sakamoto continues like this he is going to have a lot of interest.

I would see the talks be quite easy. You can see he is loving it. The team is getting a close bond again. It will either be an amount we can't refuse or 'hey Tats fancy taking is to the Prem next season?'

StrettoBoy

Tats is a brilliant signing. Although a completely different sort of player to Harmer he has, in a way, plugged that gap in the sense that he is an attacking midfielder who both creates and scores goals.

If we can now find someone in the Hamer mould we really will have a good team capable of pushing for the play-offs. We will have to accept that we won't be able to get someone as good. It will either have to be a player of lesser quality - albeit still good - or a younger player who can develop his talent, rather in the way that Hamer himself did.

TomRad85

Not a knocker of data driven recruitment at all, seems to have served us pretty well for many of our signings, but the way Sakamoto was spotted (while watching someone else) tells us that there's still a place in the game for the seeing someone and going "oh he's pretty good actually" art of old school scouting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Astute

Tats is a brilliant signing. Although a completely different sort of player to Harmer he has, in a way, plugged that gap in the sense that he is an attacking midfielder who both creates and scores goals.

If we can now find someone in the Hamer mould we really will have a good team capable of pushing for the play-offs. We will have to accept that we won't be able to get someone as good. It will either have to be a player of lesser quality - albeit still good - or a younger player who can develop his talent, rather in the way that Hamer himself did.
Don't worry. If Sakamoto continues like this he will be in demand. If a big bid that we couldn't resist came in we would be on a Sakamoto replacement brainstorming thread instead of Hamer.

We won't replace either with similar. They are both rare players. But we go for replacements that are equally gifted in a way.

AFCCOVENTRY

Tatsu has everything. Intelligent, scores goals, hardworking… the lot. Everything a fan loves.

If anything, I hope this opens our eyes to actually scout across Japan for quality. Tatsu had a season in Belgium prior to moving to us so was spotted there. But we need to move earlier for potential from the J-League.

ExmouthNeil

He's a real out of your seat player...
He's got great vision and a pass to match.
I'd love to see him as a number 10 at some point in the future...

wingy

Well he's still throwing them isn't he, for how long is my question, got a few fouls off LB last game but not much else in terms of punishment?

Users who are viewing this thread