Sightings of CCFC Footballers (away from the pitch)

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by DannyThomas_1981, Jul 7, 2019.

1. DannyThomas_1981

DannyThomas_1981 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,249.31
    Given the fact that I'm certain that I saw Jodi Jones shopping in M&S at the Ricoh this afternoon.....

....and following Hickman's infamous summer sighting in Ibiza....who else has encountered CCFC superstars away from the pitch?

As a youngster I had the very disturbing experience of seeing the 85 squad drunkenly dancing to Michael Jackson at a private house party - a sight that has haunted me for years. Killer was going mental and very nearly broke the chandelier.

I guess that shows how football has somewhat changed....you wouldn't have caught Killer buying fruits in M&S....that's for sure.

2. ccfcway

ccfcway Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £4,561.52
    went a private night club in balsall common in mid 90's (cant remember the name) and entire squad turned up. Was star stuck. Spoke to Ndolvu, Dublin and Wegerle, what a night. there coudn't have been 100 people in there and I couldn't understand how few people recognised them

CCFC88 and DannyThomas_1981 like this.
  3. Mr Panda

Mr Panda Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,085.81
    I walked into the City Arms last summer and Maddison was using the urinals whilst talking to his mate who was at the sinks. James was in a position slightly half turned whilst doing two things at once. Boring story but I saw his nob.

4. DannyThomas_1981

DannyThomas_1981 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,249.31
    If it was Hickman at the sinks shouting about....'bags, deep pockets, shagging every bird in the place and I'm leaving City' and if Maddison's nob was bigger than Dublin's (very unlikely).....it would be one of the all time great stories.

5. jordan210

jordan210 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £124.83
    I used to see Richard Shaw every Thursday in Tesco Banbury when I was younger. He always had a basket never a trolly.

6. Gray

Gray Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £193.00
    I used to Serve Oggy at the Burnt Post every Tuesday, some time Brian Borrows came along sometimes too. Went round Peter Ndlovu's house to see if he wanted his Car Washed for a school project, but he declined.. I delivered news papers to Micky Quinn.. I used to deliver post to Richard Keogh and Martin Crainie, and Gary McSheffry I deliver post to Gordan Strachan and Ricardo Scimeca... And Dean Emerson delivers me parcels sometimes

7. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £623.72
    Met Ndlovu in River Island sometime in the mid 90s. Saw Lee Burge with his missus in Dunelm maybe a year or 2 back.

8. ccfcway

ccfcway Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £4,561.52
    More recently , Lived next door to Michael mifsud in Warwick, nice guy.

AStonesThrow likes this.
  9. Johnnythespider

Johnnythespider Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,753.91
    At my cousins wedding reception at the connexion mid 80s, i was in the toilet having a leak when in walked 3 of the first team who been playing a pre-season game, Kenny Hibbert is the only name i remember as i asked him mid piss if we were going to win anything this season, his reply, no not with this squad. I walked out thinking what a twat he was, now i know he was just being honest. Reading Pandas post maybe this thread should be renamed seeing players having a P.

10. glasgowfan

glasgowfan Active Member

Credit:
    £243.93
    A candidate for the earliest sighting.....played football with Trevor Gould on Great Yarmouth beach around 1964

A Speed likes this.
  11. Houchens Head

Houchens Head Fairly well known member from Malvern

Credit:
    £2,397.28
    I used to deliver milk to Don Nardiello.

12. CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,442.15
    Most recently I saw Biamou helping an older lady with her bag down some steps in the City Centre.

13. Mucca Mad Boys

Mucca Mad Boys Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,362.86
    I was out drinking after rugby and bumped into Tom Davies in Earlsdon. One of his mates suggested that he was quite lonely in Rugby and he wasn’t actually supposed to out that night. Although, disclaimer, it was on a Saturday after a match.

14. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £9,000.24
    [​IMG]

15. LastGarrison

LastGarrison Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £596.46
    Peter Ndlovu outside KFC at the Forum in the nineties.
    Marcus Hall over Cally Park. My mate used to play football with him growing up so they were having a chat.
    Dave Bennett’s been in the Devon a couple of times.

Non CCFC met Aidy Boothroyd on the train going down to Wembley for an England match. Had a good chat about Cov and then obviously a few years later he became our manager.

Danny Wilson at Cheltenham. He had £40 on a horse called Inca. It lost miserably.

no_loyalty likes this.
  16. ovduk78

ovduk78 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £310.83
    My friend married Bobby & Trevor's niece in the mid 90's and they were both there as was his mum. I spoke to Trevor but Bobby left early. His mum was very bitter about the amount of money given to Atkinson when it wasn't given to Bobby & Phil Neal.

17. Mcbean

Mcbean Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £701.00
    Wasn’t that his mate ?

18. hinckley cov

hinckley cov Active Member

Credit:
    £217.89
    Would of been stacks I think

19. Sbarcher

Sbarcher Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £718.29
    Are you Micky Gynn? I claim my prize.

Gray and montydon87 like this.
  20. JulianDarbyFTW

JulianDarbyFTW Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £147.11
    Saw Jordan Willis at Arena Tescos (the electronics aisle iirc).

Queued behind Oggy at the fag kiosk at Binley Morrissons a few times a handful of years ago.

Was in a car with a football league linesman and my uncle on a way to a game, and we stopped and asked Nuddy for directions.

Non City, I saw Andy Townsend at Tamworth cinema. Can't remember what he watched, but I have an inkling that it was Demolition Man.

Edit: my uncle was best mates with the linesman and I got to go to a few games around the country. Sat in the directors box at Notts County with Phil Neal when he was manager, and Big Ron who was at Villa at the time. My uncle made a very crude comment about ladies parts, Roy Wegerle, and a deckchair. Phil Neal was disgusted. Good times.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    singers_pore likes this.
  21. AStonesThrow

AStonesThrow Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £373.83
    Nearly bumped into Jordan ponticelli having a run. Working as a carer in bedworth, nearly walked straight into him near Sainsburys.

On a side note, pre season 2 seasons ago, went to the Nuneaton friendly and got there really early. Some players on the pitch and my son was/is a massive Jodi Jones fan, Jodi being stood on the pitch. Called him over, came and stood in the stand with us, my son was starstruck, but Jodi still stood chatting to me and had a few photos with us. Really nice guy

22. oscillatewildly

oscillatewildly Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £740.42
    Mid '90's I was 'between' jobs and was a summer cover temp at Royal Mail on deliveries. My walk (it was actually more a mission) was Allesley Park/Green and Upper Eastern Green Lane.
    Loads of ex city players live around this area from the playing periods 1950's - 1990's. Regularly greeted a cheery "Good Morning ............." or stopped briefly for a chat with George Curtis, Andy Blair, (wife's nursery) Lloyd McGrath, Paul Dyson, David Smith.
    There will have been others I didn't encounter.

23. usskyblue

usskyblue Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £2,535.05
    Not Cov (although I always wished he was)..Ricky Hill and his family are close friends of ours. Salt of the earth people.

[​IMG]

24. Gaz

Gaz Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £136.34
    Went on a double date with a gal who’s friend brought along Aron Gunnarsson.

And bumped into Jordan Willis this afternoon at the Godiva

Sky Blue Pete and Mucca Mad Boys like this.
  25. Johnnythespider

Johnnythespider Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,753.91
    Stocks

hinckley cov likes this.
  26. Terry_dactyl

Terry_dactyl Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,098.59
    I saw Oggy naked at Cov sports centre. We were both getting changed. I was getting dressed from swimming, and he was getting ready for swimming. He was with his kids...I hope. I think I must have seen his penis but I’ve blanked it from my memory.
    I also had the night of my life when I met Cyrille. My mate was a sports journalist and managed to get me to a function that was promoting a Jamaica v India match. Cyrille was there to promote it. After I introduced myself he came and sat with us and we talked for ages...And they say you shouldn’t meet your heroes! He was great!!

27. mrtrench

mrtrench Well-Known Member

Somewhere between the waitress and her table.
    Credit:
    £38.55
    Willie Carr lived near us when I was about 6 and parked his car outside our house sometimes. Thinking back this is amazing as we lived in an estate - footballers nowadays wouldn't be seen dead in such a lowly area.

I used to deliver papers to Terry Yorath (my regular round) and Jimmy Hill (occasionally - an adjoining round but not my regular one). On Sundays, Terry took every paper so it was always a relief to drop them all off. He left a £1 note as a tip one Christmas, which was a week's wage for my morning round.

28. MatthewWallis

MatthewWallis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £160.86
    I served Jordan Clarke in Starbucks and then few years later served Steven Pressley in Asda who was buying loads of sweets for Halloween

29. oucho

oucho Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,358.35
    'Best signing we never had' Phil Masinga in Cov KFC....who was it who'd claimed to have seen him there?

30. usskyblue

usskyblue Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £2,535.05
    Regularly with Robert Earnshaw at Asda petrol station

31. skybluebeast

skybluebeast Active Member

Credit:
    £247.41
    Max Biamou was on my flight to Paris this May. He was going home for a few weeks while we were going to Disney. Asked him for a photo with my son while he was getting a drink from the vending machine and ended up walking with him all the way to the plane. Really nice bloke told us all about his visits to Disney and stuff, seemed really genuinely pleased to be speaking to us. Needless to say my lad (who’s 4) now has a new favourite player at the club, and it seemed as though it was the highlight of his holiday as he couldn’t wait to tell his Grandad when he got home.

On a side note if Max’s brother can play football we should sign him up, he picked him up from the airport in Paris and is build like a brick shithouse!

Mr Dave and Nick like this.
  32. skyblue025

skyblue025 Active Member

Credit:
    £484.66
    I went to school with Gordon Milne's son Ian. He was a good player but had no pace. Had a year at Leicester as a youth player but he didn't make it and started a business selling Goalkeepers gear in Hinckley. Went to his house a few times in Burbage. Massive place with a tennis court in the garden.

33. Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,879.89
    Met Danny Thomas 30 odd years ago in Quo Vadis having a meal after a match the only thing I can remember was he was wearing flip flops.

Played cricket with Chris Camwell.

Steve Froggatt is my mortgage advisor so I see him every couple of years.

Had the chance to meet Dion Dublin when he was at Villa but refused as we were playing Villa the week after and didn’t want my picture to appear in the programme with him.

Saw Kevin Kyle shopping in Tesco

34. kg82

kg82 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £852.05
    Oggy gave me my play of the year award for my team when I was 14. He was there because Greg Downes coached one of the teams.

Had a couple of random ones. When I was about 10 my family and I were at a wedding reception. Lloyd McGrath also walks in with his kids. My dad and I were talking to him for a bit and I remember thinking how sensible and down to earth he seemed!

Then when I was about 16 or 17 I was going on holiday with my family. Lining up to check-in and could’ve sworn I saw David James. Turned out the whole villa team was there, going on their pre-season tour, including Dublin and Boateng. Dublin sat down with my grandparents (who were there to see us off) and talked to them for about 30 mins. Top guy.

35. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £561.50
    I think he was probably saying Hickman WAS the nob.