Shut it you slaaags (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

They never opened the bars at half time due to advice from CCFC and Northants police.
We were told that Coventry fans were renowned for invading the pitch so 3 people ran on the pitch in the first game and now we are all tarred with the same brush.

MichaelCCFC

A lot of respect for this idea. I am up for it.

Me too. But as I've been saying for a while, kcic just doesn’t have the organisation and finances to do something like this only the Trust does. So OP is right that this is one for the Trust. It is a brilliant opportunity and if done right would be pretty much guaranteed media coverage. In the past I've spoken to Arsenal Trust and they were really supportive of us (Chelsea Trust are too) so might be possibilities there. Simplest idea would be to use some of Trust's Fighting Fund to hire a horse and rider as Lady Godiva. London/national media would love that. Trust could also consult its membership about what they would prefer: do nothing, something at FL, something at sisu, something at Emirates etc

wince

to unite everyone and get a message across

A quick and simple way of doing something quick ,cheap, eye catching for the arsenal game

torchomatic

You know when people on here were saying that those who attend Sixfields should not go in to the Oldham game? Well, why don't they prove they can do the same? Imagine the publicity if 8000 fans bought tickets but then stayed outside to protest.

As Lewys started the thread I'm sure he'll be the first in line to do it.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/39621-Oldham-at-home-29-12-13-BOYCOTT?highlight=boycott+boxing

I'm sure he'd be willing to sacrifice one game, etc etc

A quick and simple way of doing something quick ,cheap, eye catching for the arsenal game

Last edited:

wince

Between now and the arsenal game , anyone going, get hold of another teams shirt (lets try and and get the 92), beg steal or borrow , second shops ect get the trust to see if they can get other trusts to donate them , then at kick off , again after 20 mins and again after 60 mins hold them aloft (akin to a walk on) and belt out the sky blue song , just think how it would look if there were celtic tops next to rangers or man u and liverpool or bristol city and rovers or stoke and brighton tops all in the same end , the measage would be today its us , but tomorrow it could be you , it would engage all the other fans around the country and would make headlines as i dont think its been done before ,and it would have no negative affect on our team as the sky blue song im sure will be sung prouder thay it has been in a long while knowing the football world is watching

NorthernWisdom

You know when people on here were saying that those who attend Sixfields should not go in on Boxing Day? Remember the "it's only one game, you'd do it if you were a real fan" comments? Well, why don't they prove they can do the same? Imagine the publicity if 8000 fans bought tickets but then stayed outside to protest...

Right, I'm going to nip this in the bud ;)

There are many other threads to point this out in. This one, however, I really don't give a fuck if people go to Sixfields/Emirates/sit at home scratching their fat arses. What I do care is about giving as many as possible of us the chance to show we're city fans, to assert our own identity, and to do something vaguely positive rather than sniping at one another, while also drawing attention to us. As such, I want those who go to Sixfields/those who go to away games/those who won't go to games but will turn up to such a thing... I want all of them to turn up.

This won't work unless we all buy into the notion we're all city fans, and call a truce on the backbiting, for this at least.

It also won't work if we decide to impose agendas on who's to blame. As Steve said earlier, "not to throw blame at any one side. In the years to come, lots will change at Coventry but the one thing that will always remain us us the fans." In that, he's dead right.

It also won't work if it gets super-complicated with eleventy billion options given. The message needs to be as simple as possible. Turn up, say we're not overly happy about things, show we're happy supporting our team, go home. It really doesn't have to become muddied.

Matty_CCFC

There are many other threads to point this out in. This one, however, I really don't give a fuck if people go to Sixfields/Emirates/sit at home scratching their fat arses. What I do care is about giving as many as possible of us the chance to show we're city fans, to assert our own identity, and to do something vaguely positive rather than sniping at one another, while also drawing attention to us. As such, I want those who go to Sixfields/those who go to away games/those who won't go to games but will turn up to such a thing... I want all of them to turn up.

This won't work unless we all buy into the notion we're all city fans, and call a truce on the backbiting, for this at least.

It also won't work if we decide to impose agendas on who's to blame. As Steve said earlier, "not to throw blame at any one side. In the years to come, lots will change at Coventry but the one thing that will always remain us us the fans." In that, he's dead right.

It also won't work if it gets super-complicated with eleventy billion options given. The message needs to be as simple as possible. Turn up, say we're not overly happy about things, show we're happy supporting our team, go home. It really doesn't have to become muddied.

Northern I am with you on this one

Keep it simple and one message, tell us where and when and we will be there.

smouch1975

Ok. Great. What time at Euston??

lewys33

You know when people on here were saying that those who attend Sixfields should not go in to the Oldham game? Well, why don't they prove they can do the same? Imagine the publicity if 8000 fans bought tickets but then stayed outside to protest.

As Lewys started the thread I'm sure he'll be the first in line to do it.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/39621-Oldham-at-home-29-12-13-BOYCOTT?highlight=boycott+boxing

I'm sure he'd be willing to sacrifice one game, etc etc

I am up for that if everyone else is. But why would we buy tickets if we were just going to protest outside? What a ridiculous idea.

you're an idiot

Me too. But as I've been saying for a while, kcic just doesn’t have the organisation and finances to do something like this only the Trust does. So OP is right that this is one for the Trust. It is a brilliant opportunity and if done right would be pretty much guaranteed media coverage. In the past I've spoken to Arsenal Trust and they were really supportive of us (Chelsea Trust are too) so might be possibilities there. Simplest idea would be to use some of Trust's Fighting Fund to hire a horse and rider as Lady Godiva. London/national media would love that. Trust could also consult its membership about what they would prefer: do nothing, something at FL, something at sisu, something at Emirates etc

Lady Godiva in Central London would pretty much guarantee national media coverage and galvanise the FL to intervene and encourage negotiations. Great idea. Also think the away shirts idea is a great one but would need alot of coordination and support from other trusts to get hold of enough shirts to have impact....

jesus-wept

Lots of posters dare I say thousands with "bring us home" "SISU out" that sort of thing, just small hand held posters to hold up throughout the game. This game could be shown all over the world especially if it becomes one of the televised games. We all know SISU hate adverse publicity and if it stops just one looking to them for business it will be a victory. A few Arsenal fans may hold some up if asked.

Winning at the Emirates, on the pitch that is , is a big big ask, but we can turn the day into a moral victory

kevinleftpeg

Just have one person go to the actual match, dressed in black, in the middle of the away end, with a small banner. Standing motionless throughtout the whole game.
That would have the most impact for attracting publicity. This would really show unity.
I fully appreciate the other ideas though.

jesus-wept

The trouble with marches especially in London you need Police permission and with the short notice I doubt we would get it., especially when you start talking horses and Lady Godivas etc. Any protest will be best at the Emirates, as long as there are no bad taste such F### off sisu can't see police or stewards having a problem. It would generate a lot of publicity and embarassent

torchomatic

But weren't you advocating ST holders don't go in. They'd paid for their tickets too.

I am up for that if everyone else is. But why would we buy tickets if we were just going to protest outside? What a ridiculous idea.

Specs WT-R75

I'm up for this... whatever is decided.

How about starting with a march thru Coventry... little protest outside council house (for them to pull their fingers out also)... on to train station Euston march to wherever and so on.

Obviously knowing our luck we will be a late kickoff or Sunday game...

shmmeee

Gooner fans will support us in this.
No question

Well, they've had their club moved out of their locality for business reasons too I suppose. I'd have thought they'd have got over it by now though.

shmmeee

The trouble with marches especially in London you need Police permission and with the short notice I doubt we would get it., especially when you start talking horses and Lady Godivas etc. Any protest will be best at the Emirates, as long as there are no bad taste such F### off sisu can't see police or stewards having a problem. It would generate a lot of publicity and embarassent

If you want a march, you need to notify them 6 days ahead of time at least. Not ask, notify. This is still a democracy in some ways you know!

You also need permission from the road owner if you're planning on using the road. That's the sticking point.

For a static protest.

From: http://content.met.police.uk/Articl...tic-demonstration/1400002380711/1400002380711

MET said:
Static Protests

There is no legal requirement to notify police that you wish to hold a static protest. However, it is very important that you do let the police know if you wish to do this and provide us with the following details:

• Organiser name, phone number and address
  • Anticipated numbers of participants
  • Event location
  • Reason for event
  • Start time
  • Finish time
  • Any advance publicity you are aware of
  • Details of any stewards
The benefits of notifying us are significant:

• Many organisations find such liaison, and the professional advice we are able to offer, of significant benefit, in holding a successful event
  • You can ensure that your event or protest does not clash with another group aspiring to use the same venue
  • We will facilitate your protest where possible and advise you on the best way to manage it
  • We can make you aware of any information we have in relation to counter-protest.
This is particularly important if planning a protest in the area around Parliament/ Westminster which see a large amount of such events.

J

Jack Griffin

Well, they've had their club moved out of their locality for business reasons too I suppose. I'd have thought they'd have got over it by now though.

Checked it out, move was about half a mile and a lot more convenient for Holloway Road tube station, about the same for Arsenal tube station.

I don't think anyone complained, and the capacity wasn't downsized!

Steve.B50

Right, here's the chance for the Trust to show some leadership.

8,000 to Arsenal, a quarter of that going to a march on the football league is 2,000, not a small number. We're already in the bloody city, let's take advantage of that!

Here's a chance to get other clubs passing through to join in too, Hull on their way to Sarfend for example.

Forget whether you blame SISU, ACL, Ann Lucas's cat, here's the chance to show WE are Coventry.

Here's the chance to show that regardless of who you blame, the game's governers should never have let it get this far!

Here's a chance to be proud of US!

Here's a chance to show who WE are, and then here's a chance, afterwards, to show support to a team who've done far moe than we had any right to expect, to cheer them on and support the TEAM.

NOW is our chance, so let's quit the bitching and actually DO it.

With the game now on Friday its ideal, we can visit the FL offices late afternoon and am sure they will be occupied on a Friday.

shmmeee

Can't have anything anti-Sisu in it. Plenty of time for that in the ground ;)

As stated in OP, the trick is inclusive and general. All things to all people. That's why the first march worked so well.

simple_simon

More reason than ever to go to the FA and show them that both us as fans and they as governing body are being taken for one big ride.

Skybluesuffolk

Here's a chance to show who WE are, and then here's a chance, afterwards, to show support to a team who've done far more than we had any right to expect, to cheer them on and support the TEAM.

NOW is our chance, so let's quit the bitching and actually DO it.

:claping hands: Well said

Users who are viewing this thread