Shut it you slaaags (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Right, here's the chance for the Trust to show some leadership.

8,000 to Arsenal, a quarter of that going to a march on the football league is 2,000, not a small number. We're already in the bloody city, let's take advantage of that!

Here's a chance to get other clubs passing through to join in too, Hull on their way to Sarfend for example.

Forget whether you blame SISU, ACL, Ann Lucas's cat, here's the chance to show WE are Coventry.

Here's the chance to show that regardless of who you blame, the game's governers should never have let it get this far!

Here's a chance to be proud of US!

Here's a chance to show who WE are, and then here's a chance, afterwards, to show support to a team who've done far moe than we had any right to expect, to cheer them on and support the TEAM.

NOW is our chance, so let's quit the bitching and actually DO it.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Yes but last time we did a march on the FL on a Saturday they got slated with....

whats the point of marching when there is no on there. But as usual I am up for it bring it on.

Could even bring the traffic to a worse standstill then usual...:D

8,000 to Arsenal, a quarter of that going to a march on the football league is 2,000, not a small number. We're already in the bloody city, let's take advantage of that!

Here's a chance to get other clubs passing through to join in too, Hull on their way to Sarfend for example.

Forget whether you blame SISU, ACL, Ann Lucas's cat, here's the chance to show WE are Coventry.

Here's the chance to show that regardlessof who you blame, the game's governers should never have letit get this far!

Here's a chance to show who WE are, and then here's a chance, afterwards, to show support to a team who've done far moe than we had any right to expect, to cheer them on and support the TEAM.

letsallsingtogether

Could take our banners then without fire certificates...:eek:

NorthernWisdom

Yes but last time we did a march on the FL on a Saturday they got slated with....

The one that got decent numbers was the march in Coventry, as much because it didn't take sides, asserted who WE are and where we should be, and was easy for people to drop along to.

What other chance will there be for something easy for huge numbers on their way to a game anyway, to go along to?!? It doesn't have to affect the team in the slightest, the two things, game and march, can be entirely separate.

But it's about time we made ourselves proud of US and stopped the snide little digs.

wince

Here's the chance to show that regardless of who you blame, the game's governers should never have let it get this far!

Don't always agree with you N/W but what a cracking idea

bigfatronssba

Get marching on Westminster.

Steve.B50

Its a great idea and more than happy to put the concept to rest of members, my only concern is that its a Saturday and last time anyone tried to organise a visit to FL offices at a weekend they got slated.
On another note, we are talking to both Hull and Cardiff about I visiting the FL/ FA as a joint protest to tell the football governing bodies NO to location change, NO to Colour change and NO to name changes without supporters Input.

The fact that this suggestion is from someone I believe often makes positive comments is a good reason for me to show in my personal support, however we must stress this us not to throw blame at any one side. In the years to come, lots will change at Coventry but the one thing that will always remain us us the fans.

bigfatronssba

Its a great idea and more than happy to put the concept to rest of members, my only concern is that its a Saturday and last time anyone tried to organise a visit to FL offices at a weekend they got slated.
On another note, we are talking to both Hull and Cardiff about I visiting the FL/ FA as a joint protest to tell the football governing bodies NO to location change, NO to Colour change and NO to name changes without supporters Input.

The fact that this suggestion is from someone I believe often makes positive comments is a good reason for me to show in my personal support, however we must stress this us not to throw blame at any one side. In the years to come, lots will change at Coventry but the one thing that will always remain us us the fans.

It doesn't have to be at FL/FA offices though does it?

Surely its about publicity, and there are plenty of places in London where our message can be heard.

chiefdave

Hull are at Southend that day (assuming neither tie gets moved), do it early enough and they could stop off on the way. AFC Wimbledon are at home as well, they might be happy to join in. Unfortunately Cardiff are playing somewhere up north but if something was put together maybe a few of their fans would come along. Reach out to all the other clubs in London and see how much support we can get. The more clubs represented the better.

Do we know for a fact there's noone at the FA / FL at weekends? Given that all the games are at weekends would there not be some staff there? If not where else could be a focal point?

NorthernWisdom

Do we know for a fact there's noone at the FA / FL at weekends? Given that all the games are at weekends would there not be some staff there? If not where else could be a focal point?

It's the symbolism as much as anything, and it needs a focus. That is the focus. You'd never get any bugger going during the week as most of us have to work, you'd get less buggers going a day when we're not playing in London.

The reason the last effort was ridiculed was as much because there were lots of overt anti-SISU protests going on that ended up 3 men and a dog by a Hungry Horse £4.99 breakfast sign. When the message is neutral but positive, and when a protest has been easy to get to, City fans have shown they'll attend if given enough notice, and a firm enough message.

SonOfSnoz

Depends if the Trust can be bothered, as too busy promoting their own businesses!
The real villians are the FL!

shmmeee

Great idea.

Trust support on big banners and organising coaches would help massively. Get KCIC and GCBTTR onboard, what with both being neutral groups these days.

I'd be up for it.

Anywhere better than the FA/FL offices? Anything governmental?

Great idea. Trust support on big banners and organising coaches would help massively. Get KCIC and GCBTTR onboard, what with both being neutral groups these days. I'd be up for it. Anywhere better than the FA/FL offices? Anything governmental?
Speakers Corner @ Marble Arch, there must be some capable orators amongst us?Might even make the media.

Covstu

It has to be at FL HQ or SISU HQ to make an impact. Other clubs wont have the numbers we will have on the day so I would suggest this is all about us and us only. Out of interest, how far is FL HQ from the Emerates???

letsallsingtogether

Nor me but I have a bad leg and have to walk slow:D

Lets get it organised tell everyone we need to and take it from there???
Looks like one of the ties of the round so maybe on the tele ?

If it is an early kick off Sat/ Sun we could do it after the match need to cover all bases.

If you close down central London press would be over it like a rash not that I'm advocating it you understand.

skybluefred

Downing Street is the best place to protest--any protest there gets T/V & press coverage.
The FL & FA would certainly get to hear about it big time.

simple_simon

I agree keep it very simple. Meet at Speakers corner at a set time, march to the FL/ FA offices ( about a 10 min walk, over Oxford street) do a small protest leave a letter / petition/ statement then go to game.
Keep away from SISU offices, just the FL.

simple_simon

Cannot be organised must be ad hock. Just a few football fans who happen to be in London all meeting up for a walk and a drink..

shmmeee

Downing Street is the best place to protest--any protest there gets T/V & press coverage.
The FL & FA would certainly get to hear about it big time.

If we do go anywhere near somewhere like that someone needs to read up on the rules. No megaphones IIRC for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread