Match Thread Shrewsbury Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Dec (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Where's Andreu? Not that he would have changed the world but it's another baffling one.

Arrogant Robins as always.

Nick

Administrator
His subs have always been baffling.

He leaves it far too late to change things.

Exactly, it was like it last season as well. It's not a new thing.

If whatever we start the game doing works then that's great, if it doesn't work or the opposition manager makes changes then we are fucked.

letsallsingtogether

I don't get why people are only just noticing Robins inability to change things when the game isn't going our way :(
TBF our squad is not good enough to change things they all just go through the motions.
We had the majority of position again yet we had less shots less corners less everything :(

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it really worth a 10 point deduction to get rid of Chaplin? Take 10 points off our current total and we'd be second from bottom.

If we keep him it’s like a future ten point deduction, also do the owners really care about points deductions, show Joy one hand with cash in it and the other with points I wonder what she would take

Nick

Administrator
TBF our squad is not good enough to change things they all just go through the motions.
We had the majority of position again yet we had less shots less corners less everything :(

That's because the possession was all in our half and not doing anything.

If our squad isn't good enough to play how Robins wants, he needs to work out a way to get the best out of who he has.

Hobo

I said at the time JCH was bad business. He has never shown any fire in his belly for this club.

steve82

That's because the possession was all in our half and not doing anything.

If our squad isn't good enough to play how Robins wants, he needs to work out a way to get the best out of who he has.

I think that’s the issue, we cannot put a strong formation together either way.

We lack balance in most formations.

Squad’s too inexperienced when the chips are down. Need some slightly older heads in January if it’s workable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I thought Hiwula looked lively when he came on showed a few decent touches, did bottle a challenge or 2 but JCH is a waste of a shirt atm so stick Hiwula and Chaplin up front, Bayliss was utterly useless today so put Allesani in place of him Thomas on the other wing Kelly and A N other with him, need to do something because it ain't working at present

Terry Gibson's perm

Too many in the squad that aren’t good enough for the first team so in my eyes are pointless , we have a bloke at centre forward in the under 23’s if he isn’t better than what we have get rid of him and the same with any other players down there apart from the new pro’s

higgs

Too many in the squad that aren’t good enough for the first team so in my eyes are pointless , we have a bloke at centre forward in the under 23’s if he isn’t better than what we have get rid of him and the same with any other players down there apart from the new pro’s
Give him a chance up front can't be any worse than jch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Give him a chance up front can't be any worse than jch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He must be though as he doesn’t seem nea4 the first team and nobody who watches them ever says we have a great striker there

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Those substitutions are the act of someone that has completely lost it.

Just got back from Holland and checked the stats as a first go to. Couldn't quite believe it.

Go one down straight after half time and then make two changes in effectively stoppage time. That's utterly ridiculous.

chiefdave

Not sure I buy that there's a rift in the team. Always seems to be someone who knows someone who's been told something when we lose a few games.

Certainly no indication of anything changing on the players social media, of course you wouldn't expect them to broadcast it but the fact they're always joking with other and hanging out together doesn't really indicate they've all fallen out.

steve82

Is it new players we need in January or a new manager and new ideas ?

It’s a tricky one to evaluate, glaring issue is any form seems a distant thing now. Stats say 4 straight defeats no win in 8 in all competitions but ring the managerial changes it guarantees nothing. Players still remain.

Then is it the players or the tactics and formation which is the issue for the players or opinion of fans to a system which is so negative and not many would chose to set up in this way or watch a side lose in.

I’m torn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

we haven’t looked like scoring all season the run we had was pure luck poor investment coupled with poor tactics usually means relegation battles were far from too good to not be dragged in to one tho.

I see robins every week just stood there hands in pockets while other managers are with their team enthusiasm etc.They have zero passion them players it’s written all over their performances.

steve82

No one's laughing. But it is becoming a bit of a joke with playing, players out of position.

It's Robins fault we don't have a Left Winger in the squad.

giphy.gif

Is it tho? Did we purposely chose not to, or did the right option not come about to enhance what’s we got given he set out to play his favoured 4231. We won’t ever know.

He’s Shipley from last season who played the role, a player that fans have abused and killed any confidence in.

Hoped JJ would be fit now too, bad luck has put a stop to that.

Hoped Hiwula could adapt to the role but clearly isn’t in his locker.

Thomas may be able to cover it but didn’t really have the same effect as the right.

That’s 4 options to cover it taking all things into account for a L1 side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

I’d give Sterling and Thomas both a 5 for effort. Burge probably couldn’t do much with the goal and didn’t really have anything else to do so he’d probably get a NA. The rest were rubbish. There seemed to be a huge gulf in ability between Brown and Haynes. So far this season I’m not sure how we’ve upgraded in that department. The vast majority of the game followed a similar patten:
1. They attack us.
2. Their forward line is crap and almost completely useless so the attack breaks down not long after they enter our box.
3. We either attempt to play the ball out on the deck and lose it (mainly to Anthony Grant) somewhere close to the centre circle or welly it aimlessly upfield where one of their players (mainly Anthony Grant) would bring it down and control it.
4. Repeat step 1.

Overall it was probably one of the worst games of football I’ve ever watched. From both sides there was countless stray passes, terrible dribbling and some awful shooting. If that game was played at Crawley those drones would’ve been taken out several times over. Both keepers could’ve done their Christmas shop and the result probably would’ve been the same. How it produced a goal is beyond me.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Also it did occur to me that as Chaplin is only on loan at present can we decide not to keep him after all? For the record I do think he’s worth a place in the team but he’s not a 500k striker at present. I’m sure there’s a rule where a player can’t play for more than 2 clubs in a season. If that is the case we’ve got them over a barrel as they won’t want him so could we just say here’s 100k and you’ll get the rest when he’s scored x amount of goals?

Nick

Administrator
Also it did occur to me that as Chaplin is only on loan at present can we decide not to keep him after all? For the record I do think he’s worth a place in the team but he’s not a 500k striker at present. I’m sure there’s a rule where a player can’t play for more than 2 clubs in a season. If that is the case we’ve got them over a barrel as they won’t want him so could we just say here’s 100k and you’ll get the rest when he’s scored x amount of goals?
It would have been signed and sealed when he came on loan.

CJ_covblaze

It would have been signed and sealed when he came on loan.

In that case we’ve paid around a million for 3 strikers that have amassed a combined total of 10 goals in half a season. Christ.

pusbccfc

In that case we’ve paid around a million for 3 strikers that have amassed a combined total of 10 goals in half a season. Christ.

The key reason why people are losing faith in Robins. Unlike City managers of past years, he can no longer use the excuse that 'we can't compete with budgets of the top 6 teams'.

Users who are viewing this thread