Should you be able to have a beer when watching the game at The Ricoh? (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Personally I can manager 45 minutes without a beer.

Of course people should be able to do what they want but we all know the likely outcome if drinking in the stands was allowed.

Plus its annoying as it is with people constantly getting up, would be far worse if you could drink in the stands.

Ashdown

Personally I can manager 45 minutes without a beer.

Of course people should be able to do what they want but we all know the likely outcome if drinking in the stands was allowed.

Plus its annoying as it is with people constantly getting up, would be far worse if you could drink in the stands.
Be great if fine looking young people ran up and down the stairwells with big trays of pints like the old days when they sold pies and stuff

Johnnythespider

Ok this is my last word on this, i think you should be able to have a drink in your seat and they should do away with segregation. I can't see why that should create any issues

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

Glad that Bovril has at least returned to the Ricoh although the person serving me had never heard of it...

Brighton Sky Blue

Just asked my daughter what she thought Bovril was and she said 'A south American country.'

I took an American friend to a Hibs game. He took a sip of Bovril and said 'did they nuke a cow?'. In Scotland, quite possibly so.

Reactions: vow

Johnnythespider

Next week I'm asking for a pint of Bovril, i expect the assistant will need counseling after that

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I’m give or take on this one.
Currently I enjoy having a few hours before and after in the pub, sandwiching a trip to the match. My laissez faire attitude to drinking at your seat, is probably driven by the fact the beer is so expensive and crap at the Ricoh (and most football grounds to be fair), that I’m not that bothered about having a pint at halftime. When it’s freezing cold in the winter, I would rather go down and have a Bovril rather than a cold, flat, Fosters at £4.50 anyway.

I can’t really give an opinion on the drinking in your seats & knobheads argument. I’ve been to see Chester play at home recently, where you can drink in your seat/terrace and it was a nice experience, that their fans told me help raised funds for the club. Same positive experience when I went to see England play at the Olympiastadion in Berlin and it added to the feel of a Saturday night game.

When England played in Dortmund, drinking in your seat, caused a lot of aggro as it was quite cheap beer and lots of it was being chucked or thrown over the segregation fences.

letsallsingtogether

A minority of Football fans cannot be trusted with a beer, this in the long run will affect the majority.

Users who are viewing this thread