Should you be able to have a beer when watching the game at The Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Not just about the beer throwing. The general celebration. It was aesthetically pleasing because it shows the passion. 8000 celebrating like they have won the lottery.

I assume you despised the celebrations during the World Cup, too?

What was "aesthetically pleasing"? It's not passion, it's bellends using it as an excuse to act like pricks.

Do you mean the twats throwing beers to try and go "viral"? Yeah, it was pathetic.

pusbccfc

What was "aesthetically pleasing"?

Do you mean the twats throwing beers to try and go "viral"? Yeah, it was pathetic.

Fans celebrating. I, and clearly lots of other people, find it good to watch.

It did get out of hand during the world Cup, but the first few goals celebrated were genuinely brilliant to see. People genuinely having the time of their lives.

Nick

Administrator
Fans celebrating. I, and clearly lots of other people, find it good to watch.

It did get out of hand during the world Cup, but the first few goals celebrated were genuinely brilliant to see. People genuinely having the time of their lives.

There is a difference between celebrating and acting like twats though?

Celebrations aren't a competition.

pusbccfc

There is a difference between celebrating and acting like twats though?

Definitely, which is why in my first post I alluded to it being a problem at away matches.

In the same way standing at away matches causes problems.

It wouldn't be a problem at the Ricoh.

ajsccfc

With those World Cup fanparks there must have been a load of people buying drinks not to actually drink them but just to have ready for when a goal goes in.

pusbccfc

With those World Cup fanparks there must have been a load of people buying drinks not to actually drink them but just to have ready for when a goal goes in.

Towards the end, definitely. However, the first game or two was genuine. The BBC showing the celebrations caused people to become silly over it.

ajsccfc

Yeah completely agree with that, once it became a 'thing' you could see people mugging for the cameras every time.

Nick

Administrator
Towards the end, definitely. However, the first game or two was genuine. The BBC showing the celebrations caused people to become silly over it.

Genuinely throwing beer?

The whole thing about "lets watch the reaction in this bar" is nonsense. Who gives a shit if they celebration is viral? As soon as you start doing things that aren't normal (unless there's a massive influx of people with arm twitches) then it's stupid.

It's like me seeing a camera on me at the game tomorrow when we score and start doing a robot dance to try and go viral with "bloke who can't robot dance looks a dickhead trying it after coventry score against doncaster" video.

I'd much prefer genuine celebration and joy than pissed up twats overplaying it because they can get away with it if they label it as "celebrating".

Otis

Not just about the beer throwing. The general celebration. It was aesthetically pleasing because it shows the passion. 8000 celebrating like they have won the lottery.

I assume you despised the celebrations during the World Cup, too?
I did when it was Croatia against us.

pusbccfc

Genuinely throwing beer?

The whole thing about "lets watch the reaction in this bar" is nonsense. Who gives a shit if they celebration is viral? As soon as you start doing things that aren't normal (unless there's a massive influx of people with arm twitches) then it's stupid.

It's like me seeing a camera on me at the game tomorrow when we score and start doing a robot dance to try and go viral with "bloke who can't robot dance looks a dickhead trying it after coventry score against doncaster" video.

I'd much prefer genuine celebration and joy than pissed up twats overplaying it because they can get away with it if they label it as "celebrating".

No, genuinely not being able to hold a drink when celebrating.

When we scored at Wembley, I didn't purposefully throw the beer, but it ended up all down my top and the person next to me. There was no way I was going to pause for a few seconds and put my beer down for what was one of the best moments in my life.

But, I do agree, when people are just throwing it for the sake of it, especially when it costs £5 at Boxpark in South London is stupid.

Nick

Administrator
No, genuinely not being able to hold a drink when celebrating.

When we scored at Wembley, I didn't purposefully throw the beer, but it ended up all down my top and the person next to me. There was no way I was going to pause for a few seconds and put my beer down for what was one of the best moments in my life.

But, I do agree, when people are just throwing it for the sake of it, especially when it costs £5 at Boxpark in South London is stupid.

Yeah but there's a difference in spilling it and throwing it about isn't there? If it's knocked it doesn't go up into the air.

That can't be helped

Old Warwickshire lad

We will never be able to have a beer whilst watching football because there are too many morons in the crowd, who would f*** it up for the rest of us.

SkyBlueMatt

I would like to be able to take a pint back to my seat but like it's been said before it would be ruined by morons throwing it in the air.

That's not to say I haven't done it but for me I don't think about it, it just happens in the moment. I've never thrown in directly in the air. It's a conscious decision to do that. During the England games it doesnt bother me, I'll be fucked if I want it happening every other week.

Remember seeing one celebration during the recent world cup. We had scored, this bloke was celebrating near the camera celebrated then about 5 seconds after, he turn grabbed his pint then threw it. MORON

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ricketts

I think I am in favour of me being allowed to sit and have a drink, but not every one else.

Perhaps start by relaxing the rule about 'in sight of the pitch' so that it can be trialled in the hospitality areas.

clint van damme

It's n
Exactly that. You can drink pre game, after the game and even during the game if you are that desperate.

It's just 45 mins max. Are people really saying they cannot go without a beer for 45 mins?

And it's not even 45 mins for a most anyway. So many people go down to the mall with maybe 5 or 6 mins plus left of the first half, so it is probably something like about 38-39 mins for many.

We all know there will be some who will abuse it.

There were only a few causing trouble before, but we all ended up with all seater stadiums.

Would think it would only take one incident at home for families and young children to be put off.

It's just 45 mins tops. Are people really saying they cannot last 45 mins without alcohol?

It's not about whether I can go 45 minutes with an alcoholic drink. It's about denying me the opportunity to have one if I so choose.
I am being denied the right to do something that people attending events at the same stadium I have a season ticket are entitled to do. Smacks of hypocrisy.

Otis

It's n

It's not about whether I can go 45 minutes with an alcoholic drink. It's about denying me the opportunity to have one if I so choose.
I am being denied the right to do something that people attending events at the same stadium I have a season ticket are entitled to do. Smacks of hypocrisy.
You are denied the right to stand at a football match too though aren't you? They are all all seater stadium.

Agree with you on so much usually CVD, but I find I can't on this one.

We all get searched at every match, even though 99.9% of us are entirely innocent.

A football game is not the same as a rugby game. We all accept that don't we?

Why segregate football fans? We don't for rugby. Do they have barriers in place to stop fans getting to each other at rugby matches?

Not comparable unfortunately.

clint van damme

You are denied the right to stand at a football match too though aren't you? They are all all seater stadium.

We all get searched at every match, even though 99.9% of us are entirely innocent.

Why segregate football fans? We don't for rugby. Do they have barriers in place to stop fans getting to each other at rugby matches?

Not denying there are some very obvious potential pit falls Otis but I think it would be worth trialling.
If there are incidents of misbehaviour then they can easily be stopped again but like I said I think it could have the same effect as extending pub opening hours did and stop people throwing drink down their neck just prior to kick off and at half time. If it doesn't then revert back to how it is now.

Grendel

I don’t really why it’s different to rugby makes any difference.

Otis

I don’t really why it’s different to rugby makes any difference.
Because it clearly does. They can drink at rugby without it resulting in people wanting to fight each other.

In many a game we have fans trying to get across barriers to try and get at each other. That doesn't happen in rugby.

We know many will be sensible, but there will be a few that will not and the more tanked up they are the worse they will be. Alcohol also drives the emotions and football is such a emotional game because of the rivalry involved.

Never been to a rugby match, but my guess is you don't get loads of chavvy 14-16 year olds at games being abusive and looking for trouble.

People will be throwing beer for sure. The 14-16 year olds will also be having beer bought for them by mates no doubt.

There is already a prevalence of aggression about in football in the stands, hence all the stewards and police.

I bet a pound to a shilling that both the stewards and the police will be totally opposed to this move.

Shame it is spoiled for everybody else, but football is an entirely different beast to any other sport, so I think it is quite right to point out that you can't say we should be able to have beer because the same stadium serves beer at rugby matches.

Very clearly the circumstance is different. Differing atmosphere and we know some do go to football matches looking for trouble.

Grendel

Because it clearly does. They can drink at rugby without it resulting in people wanting to fight each other.

In many a game we have fans trying to get across barriers to try and get at each other. That doesn't happen in rugby.

We know many will be sensible, but there will be a few that will not and the more tanked up they are the worse they will be. Alcohol also drives the emotions and football is such a emotional game because of the rivalry involved.

Never been to a rugby match, but my guess is you don't get loads of chavvy 14-16 year olds at games being abusive and looking for trouble.

People will be throwing beer for sure. The 14-16 year olds will also be having beer bought for them by mates no doubt.

There is already a prevalence of aggression about in football in the stands, hence all the stewards and police.

I bet a pound to a shilling that both the stewards and the police will be totally opposed to this move.

Shame it is spoiled for everybody else, but football is an entirely different beast to any other sport, so I think it is quite right to point out that you can't say we should be able to have beer because the same stadium serves beer at rugby matches.

Very clearly the circumstance is different. Differing atmosphere and we know some do go to football matches looking for trouble.

They get tanked up anyway before the game.

They force down a couple in half time breaks. I don’t see how actually having one drink in a hand in the game makes a jot of difference - it’s an old law and times have dramatically changed since then

Evo1883

It would result in the need for more policing , because let’s be honest football fans wether we think they are or not , are more tribal , more violent and get more emotional than rugby fans.

Fans would do things like throw beers at players taking corners or celebrating towards them etc aswell

Otis

It would result in the need for more policing , because let’s be honest football fans wether we think they are or not , are more tribal , more violent and get more emotional than rugby fans
Exactly.

I know some said trial it in certain sections, but I think that will just result in fans gabbing a beer and switching seats to the drinking section once the game has started.

And if you trialed it you couldn't make it blocks 15-16, because that would most likely result in the most trouble from it.

I have no problem with a one off trial, but I honestly don't think it's workable.

David O'Day

They get tanked up anyway before the game.

They force down a couple in half time breaks. I don’t see how actually having one drink in a hand in the game makes a jot of difference - it’s an old law and times have dramatically changed since then
Grenners is correct. It worse t the m9ment as people will smash a p.o. t in 15 minutes not over the space of 45

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

What was "aesthetically pleasing"? It's not passion, it's bellends using it as an excuse to act like pricks.

I agree, maybe I'm getting a tad older and more mature but still find the idea of getting covered in some morons beer every time we score unpalatable.
I think beer should be allowed in the West Stand though where people are likely to behave.

Otis

I agree, maybe I'm getting a tad older and more mature but still find the idea of getting covered in some morons beer every time we score unpalatable.

I think beer should be allowed in the West Stand though where there are no supporters.

There, edited for you.

Users who are viewing this thread