Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Training ground has been closed all week. Apparently they have a round of testing scheduled for Friday and that will determine if they have enough bodies to field a team.

How much notice is allowed?

Hertsccfc

Back to non Covid
Wilson
Dabo Osti McFad Hyam Sam
James Hamer
O'Hare Shipley
Max

Shipley because he played well against Millwall. But would be quite pleased if Bapaga started instead.
I would plat Sheaf in place of Shipley but otherwise agree with that team. I thought Sheaf was good against Norwich and would enable Hamer to play a bit further forward.

Not sure Bapaga is ready yet to start but would like to see him used as a sub increasingly.

Reactions: AOM

Littlewood CCFC

Back to non Covid
Wilson
Dabo Osti McFad Hyam Sam
James Hamer
O'Hare Shipley
Max

Shipley because he played well against Millwall. But would be quite pleased if Bapaga started instead.

One half decent run out in how long just not justify selection. Shipley is no where near the standard and even worse was his body language against Norwich - walking round shrugging his shoulders and giving up too easy. Give Bapaga a chance

Sky Blue Harry H

Sounds like Wednesday's local media, and fans, are pushing that the game won't/shouldn't go ahead. No manager, no Windass, some recovering from Cov-id. Hope game doesn't get called off through nefarious methods.

Londonccfcfan

There definitely needs to be a threshold. There may well be but I am unaware of it if it's true. I think the injury thing is a bit OTT, we are in unprecedented times. Injuries are part of the game and are around every season. The competition still needs to be respected, it wouldn't be right for us to play against Wednesday's u18s (not saying for one minute it's that bad, just an example). A strict stipulation on how many players it requires to be isolating or have a positive test would suffice. I imagine people will bend the rules regardless, but we also shouldn't pretend that we wouldn't be thinking the same if we weren't in a favourable position.

100% my sentiments too.

The competition does need to be respected. If they have an under 23s team then they should be fielded.

It's a weird one. Burnley couldn't name 9 subs in the FA Cup as they had no one fit enough. Very small squad.

Different circumstances when we played Bolton last year early on when they were in dire straits they had to fulfil fixture with kids. We all know what happened there. Even though we were robbed.

Here's hoping it's just a few cases. As in under 5. And they fulfil fixture.

shepardo01

A worry that two games where we had a good chance of picking up points are now postponed, taking us into a very tough and busy February.
Would have been good in terms of confidence to actually have those (potential) points on the board.

clint van damme

A worry that two games where we had a good chance of picking up points are now postponed, taking us into a very tough and busy February.
Would have been good in terms of confidence to actually have those (potential) points on the board.

Plus side is Walker and perhaps Godden won't miss as many games though I'm not sure it will make too much difference in Goddens sake

Briles

Weird how we've not had a team outbreak...

Fergusons_Beard

They are cheating bastards.

They had cases before their cup game and didn’t postpone that.

They are trying to cheat the system as they know it’s a big game and want to be at full strength for the rearranged one.

3 fuckin cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also they’ve postponed the midweek game against Wycombe.

It’s their management team that have Covid not players & they played last weeks cup game without them!!

Weds wankers

Brighton Sky Blue

Also they’ve postponed the midweek game against Wycombe.

It’s their management team that have Covid not players & they played last weeks cup game without them!!

Weds wankers

EFL should tell them to piss off, it’s a joke that they got that points deduction halved as well.

Users who are viewing this thread