Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 11652

Coincidental.

Put the stats of Marosi vs Wilson. They are pretty damning, obviously Marosi's fault too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Coincidental? We know Giles struggles defensively. He struggles defensively for Shrewsbury playing on the wing. It’s not a coincidence we are far more solid with a better defender at lwb.

I don’t know where I said it’s Giles’ fault but his contribution is clear. Also I don’t believe the stats are as damning for Wilson and marosi.

D

Deleted member 11652

He probably won't, but to label him as the reason we shipped goals and had poor results beginning of the season is ridiculous.

Who has done that?

stupot07

Marosi starts

P14 W4 D3 L7 GA23 cleansheets 3

Wilson starts

P11 W3 D5 L3 GA11 cleansheets 3

cc84cov

Coincidental? We know Giles struggles defensively. He struggles defensively for Shrewsbury playing on the wing. It’s not a coincidence we are far more solid with a better defender at lwb.

I don’t know where I said it’s Giles’ fault but his contribution is clear. Also I don’t believe the stats are as damning for Wilson and marosi.
Can you name a game he was aT fault for any goals ? Giles was one of our best players early the reason people want sam back now is Giles had a quiet game in the league and wasn’t at his best till second half yesterday...it’s due to robins giving him 2 mins a month same as DaCosta,Sam will start on Saturday we all know that.

D

Deleted member 11652

Can you name a game he was aT fault for any goals ? Giles was one of our best players early the reason people want sam back now is Giles had a quiet game in the league and wasn’t at his best till second half yesterday...it’s due to robins giving him 2 mins a month same as DaCosta,Sam will start on Saturday we all know that.

Off the top of my head, the first goal of the season for a start.

Defensively he was very poor second half. Including the corner that he needlessly gave away and missed at the front post.

Brighton Sky Blue

When he slipped for Brentford's first

D

Deleted member 11652

Miles out of position for Bournemouth’s second

Kilclines curly mullet

Steve - I don't mind you not rating him, and I have criticised aspects of his game, but stop calling him out on his attitude. He has never displayed any sense of bad attitude. Poor tackling yes - I'd back you up on that, but don't pick on things that have no basis in fact.
I’m not sure it’s an attitude issue but something is not right. Im Shipleys biggest critic footballing wise, i simply don’t think he is good enough for the championship however (with the exception of Millwall) the effort doesn’t seem to be there. He doesn’t track/stick a boot in and looks tired after about 20 minutes.
Is it a confidence thing/is he reading forums/has he been ill/injured ?

cc84cov

Steve - I don't mind you not rating him, and I have criticised aspects of his game, but stop calling him out on his attitude. He has never displayed any sense of bad attitude. Poor tackling yes - I'd back you up on that, but don't pick on things that have no basis in fact.
Did you not see him stop chasing etc yesterday ?

stevefloyd

The bad attitude I mean is walking around not appearing to give a shit.. I am sure he probably does give a shit but his lack of effort of late infuriates me

Philosorapter

Marosi starts

P14 W4 D3 L7 GA23 cleansheets 3

Wilson starts

P11 W3 D5 L3 GA11 cleansheets 3

I did something similar but just with games in the Championship weighted against the strength of the opponents.

Definitely not a measure of ability, but it is showing other stuff. I'll let you lot figure it out.

Grendel

I have question marks against O'Hare at the moment. Should he be benched? Max needs help up front and that only ever comes from Shipley in that forward hole. But the other nigh Shipley was awful. Bit of a delema really.
We should have enough to beat them, and we must take our chances. Think Hamer must play further forward as he has golas in him.

Dabo and McCallum back in. Could be Allen for O'Hare.

You really are an idiot

Philosorapter

I have question marks against O'Hare at the moment. Should he be benched? Max needs help up front and that only ever comes from Shipley in that forward hole. But the other nigh Shipley was awful. Bit of a delema really.
We should have enough to beat them, and we must take our chances. Think Hamer must play further forward as he has golas in him.

Dabo and McCallum back in. Could be Allen for O'Hare.

You really are an idiot

I did midfielders as well :)

stupot07

I did something similar but just with games in the Championship weighted against the strength of the opponents.

Definitely not a measure of ability, but it is showing other stuff. I'll let you lot figure it out.

Just looking at the table you can see that Marosi has played more games against top half opposition and top 6 in particular than Wilson (and therefore Giles starts at LWB).

Sky Blue Harry H

Did you not see him stop chasing etc yesterday ?

Yes, I don't think he closes down quick enough, but that's different to having a bad attitude. I want Giles to attack the defender more at times; when he doesn't do it. I get frustrated - but it is not because he has a bad attitude. If I'm honest my biggest frustration with Shippers is when he does get close to his opponent, instead of getting a foot in, he frequently raises his hands and gives away a free kick for pulling them by their shirt or arm. An example of which was when he stopped Hanley from running the ball out of play on the goal line. He got his foot to the ball to keep it in play, then grabbed him by the neck, immediately losing the advantage he had just gained. It's a serious weakness in his game, that I wish someone could iron out, but he does not have a bad attitude (although if somebody described it as weak, I'd argue less on his behalf).

Philosorapter

Just looking at the table you can see that Marosi has played more games against top half opposition and top 6 in particular than Wilson (and therefore Giles starts at LWB).

I also did defenders. :)

Can you explain how this works please as I am very confused

Not a measure of ability but the result of the game which a player was involved with, in the Championship, weighted against opponents' team strength.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, I don't think he closes down quick enough, but that's different to having a bad attitude. I want Giles to attack the defender more at times; when he doesn't do it. I get frustrated - but it is not because he has a bad attitude. If I'm honest my biggest frustration with Shippers is when he does get close to his opponent, instead of getting a foot in, he frequently raises his hands and gives away a free kick for pulling them by their shirt or arm. An example of which was when he stopped Hanley from running the ball out of play on the goal line. He got his foot to the ball to keep it in play, then grabbed him by the neck, immediately losing the advantage he had just gained. It's a serious weakness in his game, that I wish someone could iron out, but he does not have a bad attitude (although if somebody described it as weak, I'd argue less on his behalf).
That Hanley thing was embarrassing, he fouled him to try and show he was trying

Philosorapter

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

The thread with my own and others' meanderings on this is here.

Paxman II

You really are an idiot

Being so antagonistic grendel certainly suits you. It's what you do best. But the idiot here is you. If you can't debate someones opinion you resort to insult. A true keyboard warrior. I think it's well past your bedtime.

Grendel

Being so antagonistic grendel certainly suits you. It's what you do best. But the idiot here is you. If you can't debate someones opinion you resort to insult. A true keyboard warrior. I think it's well past your bedtime.

“Hillsner can challenge O Hare for his place in the team”

1610312614764.png

Paxman II

“Hillsner can challenge O Hare for his place in the team”

View attachment 18223

Arhh there he is with a predictable come back. I stand by what I say Grendel and rarely very wrong tbf. I think a fit Hislner will challenge O'Hare for his place. Nothing wrong with that and it's about opinion. Perhaps instead of attacking everyone (which is the only consistent thing you are capable of) try debating why you disagree? You might actually like it if you try once in a while. Anyway, goodnight it's now way past that bedtime for you. Just make sure you get out thr right side of it tomorrow eh?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Main point of consideration for me at the moment is Giles or mcCallum? Wed are the type of team you'd think we should look to attack, but Giles does look more susceptible at the back so should we accept Sam's defensive qualities as more important, esp with Godden and walker out?

Wilson
Osti Fadz Hyam
Dabo James Sheaf Sam
O'hare Hamer
Max​

Camp, Giles, Dacosta, Eccles, Allen Shipley Bapaga, Baka + one of Pask/Jobello/Hilssner/kasta depending on fitness

Sky Blue Harry H

Wiaiting to appoint a new manager, Windass injured, couple of Cov-id hit players - they'll be doing everything to get this game called off imo.

johnwillomagic

Doubt they'll be allowed to unless more test positive don't you have to play fixture if you have 14 fit players I read somewhere?
Or us that just FA cup competition.

I think teams won't want fixtures backlog given congested fixture list so will try to play games even if weakened a little rather than call a game off personally.

SkyBlueCharlie9

I think teams in form will want to play even with 1 or 2 out . Teams struggling for form with 1 or 2 out are laying it on a bit thick. Clubs have done this for years with dealing with winter weather. FA need to get a grip on consistency over when games can be called off on Covid grounds as it's open to abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread