Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I quite like Giles myself. He is dangerous when running at players and puts some quality ball in the box. I would always have him on the bench and bring him on for the last half an hour to run at defenders.

D

Deleted member 11652

I quite like Giles myself. He is dangerous when running at players and puts some quality ball in the box. I would always have him on the bench and bring him on for the last half an hour to run at defenders.

I think that tends to be the plan. But when we’re level or one up after 60 mins, it’s hard to justify losing our defensive solidity to bring him on.

clint van damme

Lower leagues in Scotland (divs 1 and 2) postponed for 3 weeks due to rising number of cases. Wonder if something similar will end up happening here?

Londonccfcfan

Lower leagues in Scotland (divs 1 and 2) postponed for 3 weeks due to rising number of cases. Wonder if something similar will end up happening here?
Makes sense.

If that happens here likely to be leagues 1 and 2. As they more likely to get weather issues as well.

Can see season getting extended for them till end of May.

rexo87

I know Sheff Wed have picked up a few more wins since they beat us and are on fairly good form however I saw them beat us and Derby and they were terrible in both.

We were the better side without Hamer and Kelly in the reverse fixture and we now have Hamer and James to come in since that game.

Still wouldn’t bet against another home 0-0 although would be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Sheffield Media starting to pull out the Corona cards. Asking questions as to whether they'll be able to "field a strong enough" side to complete the fixture.

I might be wrong, but not being able to "field a strong enough" side isn't a valid excuse.
I agree with your sentiment, and without knowing how bad their cases are, I am sure we would be doing similar under the same circumstance.

skyblueelephant76

Sheffield Media starting to pull out the Corona cards. Asking questions as to whether they'll be able to "field a strong enough" side to complete the fixture.

I might be wrong, but not being able to "field a strong enough" side isn't a valid excuse.
I'm sure they only made about 3 changes for the fa Cup game so unless they've had any more cases I'd be surprised if they could justify a call off.

edgy

Training ground has been closed all week. Apparently they have a round of testing scheduled for Friday and that will determine if they have enough bodies to field a team.

Colin Steins Smile

I agree with your sentiment, and without knowing how bad their cases are, I am sure we would be doing similar under the same circumstance.
There needs to be clarity on the threshold of players unavailable to constitute grounds for a postponement.

If there is a rule for COVID it could also be applied to injuries. Does five players injured from our starting eleven qualify?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

There needs to be clarity on the threshold of players unavailable to constitute grounds for a postponement.

If there is a rule for COVID it could also be applied to injuries. Does five players injured from our starting eleven qualify?
There definitely needs to be a threshold. There may well be but I am unaware of it if it's true. I think the injury thing is a bit OTT, we are in unprecedented times. Injuries are part of the game and are around every season. The competition still needs to be respected, it wouldn't be right for us to play against Wednesday's u18s (not saying for one minute it's that bad, just an example). A strict stipulation on how many players it requires to be isolating or have a positive test would suffice. I imagine people will bend the rules regardless, but we also shouldn't pretend that we wouldn't be thinking the same if we weren't in a favourable position.

Gibbo

Back to non Covid
Wilson
Dabo Osti McFad Hyam Sam
James Hamer
O'Hare Shipley
Max

Shipley because he played well against Millwall. But would be quite pleased if Bapaga started instead.

Users who are viewing this thread