Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

CanadianCCFC

I’m a bit worried we’ll get dragged back into the relegation battle without our best strikers. Wednesday aren’t the best of sides but I think we’ll set up not to lose.

shmmeee

Wilson
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo James Hamer Giles
O’Hare Bapaga
Biamou

S: Camp, Thompson, McCallum, Sheaf, Allen, Shipley, Baka

Shipley/Allen/Baka on for Bapaga and Sheaf on for James on 60 min.

Londonccfcfan

Wilson
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo James Hamer Giles
O’Hare Bapaga
Biamou

Wilson
Osti, Mcfadz,Hyam
Dabo, James, Hamer, Sam
Ohare, Allen
Max

Bapaga on for Allen.

I'd start with a fresh Allen. Had an excellent game vs Sheffield on his comeback. Then give Bapaga more mins.

Honestly I'd send Giles back to wolves. To open up a loan space for striker.

Garryb80

Wilson
Osti, Mcfadz,Hyam
Dabo, James, Hamer, Sam
Ohare, Allen
Max

Bapaga on for Allen.

I'd start with a fresh Allen. Had an excellent game vs Sheffield on his comeback. Then give Bapaga more mins.

Honestly I'd send Giles back to wolves. To open up a loan space for striker.
Giles? He is our most creative player going forward. He has pace, can put in a good cross and pushes teams backwards.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I want to see us use Eccles and Bapaga for this game to see how effective they can be in a league game as Eccles seems to wanna progress the play forward and make something happen and Bapaga tries to take players on and looks lively.
With them in the lineup I would like Robins to use

Wilson
Dabo - Osi - Fadz - Hyam - McCallum
Hamer - Eccles - James
Bapaga - Biamou

Hobo

Need to address creativity and Sam and Tank Engine must come back in. Expect James to start.

Wilson
Dabo Leo Kyle Dom Sam
Sheaf James Hamer
O’Hare
Max

See you are on first name terms with 4 players?

Hobo

Giles? He is our most creative player going forward. He has pace, can put in a good cross and pushes teams backwards.

I agree. But we do seem to let more in when he plays and not necessarilly score more? That is the dilemma.

Magwitch

Wilson
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo James Hamer Giles
O’Hare Bapaga
Biamou

I’d agree with that team on paper atleast there’s an argument for McCallum over Giles i rate Giles the better going forward but McCallum a better defender
but I think James will make a significant difference and bring the likes of O’Hare and Bapaga on

johnwillomagic

It looks like Wednesday are playing two up top recently - unless we sign a striker can't see us matching up there so we will have to play 3-4-2-1 and hope that our midfield/wing backs can win the battle in midfield and overrun them - think we will end up going 3-4-2-1 as usual and from what I know currently this is how I expect we will line up.

Wilson

Osti Fadz Hyam

Dabo Sheaf James McCallum

Hamer O'Hare

Biamou

Subs: Camp, DaCosta, Giles, Eccles, Shipley, Allen, Kastaneer, Baka, Bapaga

I see this as sort of a must not lose game so need at least a point and ideally three fingers crossed.

Londonccfcfan

Giles is our most creative player. Have No idea what you been watching.

Just what has created and scored.
1 assist?
Looks lost when he is deployed as an attacking midfielder.

A liability as a wing back back. Would keep him if we were playing 442 as hes million miles better than Jobello.

He's a decent enough just not suited for the role we require. Could use the his loan option. Elsewhere let's face it he's second choice to Sam and rightly so.

Londonccfcfan

He is a one trick pony and very easy to defend against

We don't play 442 would be better for him and us if he played in a team that would give him more game time.

It's pretty obvious he isn't good enough as a wing back.

And at the moment doesn't suit our set up. Robins has tried his best but really doesn't fit into our jigsaw use the loan option for a striker would be more use.

Paxman II

I have question marks against O'Hare at the moment. Should he be benched? Max needs help up front and that only ever comes from Shipley in that forward hole. But the other nigh Shipley was awful. Bit of a delema really.
We should have enough to beat them, and we must take our chances. Think Hamer must play further forward as he has golas in him.

Dabo and McCallum back in. Could be Allen for O'Hare.

johnwillomagic

I've suggested Hamer push further up with O'Hare as he has proven he has a goal or two in him - may not work but I'd start those two just behind Max with Sheaf & James in behind.

O'Hare does need to improve his chance conversion but still is in our start xi for me everytime at present as he offers a lot to the side.
Also the replacements I think would weaken the side.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Giles is our most creative player. Have No idea what you been watching.

Just what has created and scored.
1 assist?
Looks lost when he is deployed as an attacking midfielder.

A liability as a wing back back. Would keep him if we were playing 442 as hes million miles better than Jobello.

He's a decent enough just not suited for the role we require. Could use the his loan option. Elsewhere let's face it he's second choice to Sam and rightly so.

According to SofaScore. Top 3 city players for big chances created:
Giles 7
Biamou 3
Several on 2 including McCallum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I wouldn't let Shipley near the team atm his attitude stinks !!

Steve - I don't mind you not rating him, and I have criticised aspects of his game, but stop calling him out on his attitude. He has never displayed any sense of bad attitude. Poor tackling yes - I'd back you up on that, but don't pick on things that have no basis in fact.

stupot07

Wilson
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo James Hamer Giles
O’Hare Bapaga
Biamou

I'd play Giles over McCallum too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Giles over Mccallum is just as ludicrous as dropping O’hare
Why is it? Giles is better going forward than McCallum. We need goals. People seem to forget he was arguable pur best attacking outlet at the beginning of the season.

166c70a7353aac60c200b8995eaea3cc.jpg

D

Deleted member 11652

Why is it? Giles is better going forward than McCallum. We need goals. People seem to forget he was arguable pur best attacking outlet at the beginning of the season.

Yeah and we were shipping goals. Our form dramatically improved when he was no longer playing left wing back. Fairly certain we average 2 goals conceded a game with him at lwb. That can’t happen again.

I make it 25 goals conceded in 13 league games with him at lwb. For comparison, it’s 7 goals conceded in 10 games for Mccallum at lwb.

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

Yeah and we were shipping goals. Our form dramatically improved when he was no longer playing left wing back. Fairly certain we average 2 goals conceded a game with him at lwb. That can’t happen again.

I make it 25 goals conceded in 13 league games with him at lwb.
We shipped all of those goals solely because Giles played at lwb?

Users who are viewing this thread