Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Think we will play 3 in midfield out of necessity with Hamer gone. We do at least get a week’s rest before Stoke so get the players pumped up for one more push against a side low on confidence

johnwillomagic

Think I saw the game we won - absolutely dreadful game bloody freezing but a great headed winner from Clinton "it's cov innit" Morrison.

shmmeee

Sorry if this is obvious, but what do the two graphs show? Can you explain what the data is showing (in the simplest possible terms)

Right. It’s a chess ranking system adapted to football teams.

The points are supposed to say how good a team is. In theory everyone starts on 1500, as they’re all equal, then you gain/lose points as you win/lose/draw.

A win against a higher scoring opponent gets you more points than a win against a low scoring opponent. Similarly a loss against a good opponent loses less than a loss against a poor opponent.

The idea is that it accounts for who you have played better than a PPG. Over an entire season the rankings should match the league table.

The graphs just show the change in ranking score over time.

Jesse Carver

Right. It’s a chess ranking system adapted to football teams.

The points are supposed to say how good a team is. In theory everyone starts on 1500, as they’re all equal, then you gain/lose points as you win/lose/draw.

A win against a higher scoring opponent gets you more points than a win against a low scoring opponent. Similarly a loss against a good opponent loses less than a loss against a poor opponent.

The idea is that it accounts for who you have played better than a PPG. Over an entire season the rankings should match the league table.

The graphs just show the change in ranking score over time.

Great, thanks mate

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Midfield going to be really weak for this so more suited to the two up front so we can mix it up a bit. Would even consider Max and Baka up front with Walker on the bench for the second half.

Would take a draw right now just to at least maintain the gap and extend the unbeaten run.

Wilson
Dabo Hyam Fadz Osti McCallum
O'Hare Sheaf Allen
Max Baka​

Camp, Dacosta, Giles, Pask, Jobello, Shipley, Hilssner, Bapaga, Walker

Paxman II

Think we must throw caution to the wind here. Wednesday are fragile so we must attack with our wing backs, get in behind and provide chances for Walker and Max. Allen remains in the side. Maybe rest McCallum and play Giles who will run at them. If we do that we will win. Go there looking for a point, defend and a drab game will ensue where we come down to their level and ruin our own confidence. Keep it simply for 15 minutes then go at them and they will crumble.

stay_up_skyblues

Wilson
Dabo Hyam Fadz Osti McCallum
O'Hare Sheaf Shipley
God (if fit or Max) Walker

or

Wilson
Dabo Fadz Osti McCallum
O’Hare Sheaf Shipley Giles
God/Max Walker

skybluesam66

1st hour

Wilson
DeCosta
McCalllum
Fadz
Hyam
Ost

Sheaf
Allen
Shipley

COH

Baka

last 30

Giles for Shipley
Dabo for De Costa
Max and Walker for Baka and Fadz

eastwoodsdustman

Just been and had a look on their forum. They are sure we are going to win and they all seem to think they are getting relegated.. Apparently their players haven't been paid in full for last month, Pulis is having a meeting with the chairman and the players are just going through the motions.
It all points to a home win!
We could really do with having Hamer for Saturday and make sure we drive the advantage home but hey ho it gives Dabo a chance again in the middle.:)

fernandopartridge

Breen's debut, or the year after (I think Salako blazed one over the bar from a yard out)? Both games were crap. He looked like Beckenbauer that day, then went to total shit... Took a couple of seasons to break the Shaw Willo partnership and become the man to fill 1 to 11!

He was always much better than the pair of them, iirc he cemented his place the following season.

better days

Just been and had a look on their forum. They are sure we are going to win and they all seem to think they are getting relegated.. Apparently their players haven't been paid in full for last month, Pulis is having a meeting with the chairman and the players are just going through the motions.
It all points to a home win!
We could really do with having Hamer for Saturday and make sure we drive the advantage home but hey ho it gives Dabo a chance again in the middle.:)
However bad it got for us in the dark days of L2 there was never a problem paying the players

Skyblueweeman

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere...

Wednesday have some off the field issues as well as on the field which I wasn't aware of. The players haven't been paid all of their salaries and the PFA have stepped in.

Colin Steins Smile

I'm cautious about this game. I'm wondering if the players will react to the news being circulated about their play situation?
As for our team for the weekend.....I'm guessing that until 60 minutes
Wilson
Osti McFadz Hyam
Dabo Shipley Sheaf McCallum
O'Hare Allen
Biamou

61 minute +
Wilson
Osti McFadz Hyam
Dabo Allen Sheaf McCallum
O'Hare
Walker Godden

Johhny Blue

CircleSeven
  • Sheffield Wednesday Reserves

• CircleSeven
  • 657 posts
Posted 9 hours ago
10 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:
Yep. £400 to win £900.
So Coventry (unbeaten in 5 games) v Wednesday (No win in god knows how many now)
I put £400 on us to lose and then trouser £900 profit!
Thats crazy!
I never bet against Wednesday. Just can’t bring myself to. But that’s got to be a good bet for anyone!
Who sets these odd? They must be barmy!

Happy_Martian

We need to get the 3 points out of this one. But part of me is still concerned Robins will set up to not lose, as he's done in the last few games. Yes, we've stopped shipping goals that way but we've also stopped scoring as freely too. If we go 1 up front, I'd guess a 0-0 game. If he plays 2 strikers, we have a better chance of taking the points.

But my ability to predict anything, including a rain shower while it's raining, is so terrible, I'm plumping for Sheff Weds to end their frustrations with a 2-0 win.

Happy_Martian

....who haven't lost for 6 games!

Agreed. Derby were a good team who couldn't hit the net. They've overcome that failing and are starting to show what they're capable of.

no_loyalty

CircleSeven
  • Sheffield Wednesday Reserves

• CircleSeven
  • 657 posts
Posted 9 hours ago

So Coventry (unbeaten in 5 games) v Wednesday (No win in god knows how many now)
I put £400 on us to lose and then trouser £900 profit!
Thats crazy!
I never bet against Wednesday. Just can’t bring myself to. But that’s got to be a good bet for anyone!
Who sets these odd? They must be barmy!

Cheeky bastard haven't lost in 5 games, they need to get their facts right.

Users who are viewing this thread