Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (8 Viewers)

So we played against a few kids, and a largely otherwise second string Sheffield Wednesday team, but we are playing it down and arguing for what reason? I'm really not sure what you are getting at. They're in the relegation zone and we are in the playoff places. It was there for the taking tonight.

Our 11 on the pitch should have blown them away, I seriously don't understand why anyone is trying to argue against that. We were our own worst enemies tonight with some shit managerial decisions and appalling play from our strikers. Anyone thinking a draw is a reasonable result needs their head checking. Thankfully we do have another match in which we can win and go through.
Sounds like you would like Robins out based on drawing a game, think you need your head checked.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You made it out like we were playing their youth team.

The U21 aged players we 2 that are in their first team and a keeper they had to play.

They had the same defence as Saturday

I really don't know why you are arguing.

They are a team sitting in the relegation zone, who played their second string. They made six changes from the last game, and their defence wasn't the same at all. Their goalkeeper today was also a child.

You're making it out like we went away to the Etihad when in fact we played a poor Sheffield Wednesday team.

Mucca Mad Boys

So we played against a few kids, and a largely otherwise second string Sheffield Wednesday team, but we are playing it down and arguing for what reason? I'm really not sure what you are getting at. They're in the relegation zone and we are in the playoff places. It was there for the taking tonight.

Our 11 on the pitch should have blown them away, I seriously don't understand why anyone is trying to argue against that. We were our own worst enemies tonight with some shit managerial decisions and appalling play from our strikers. Anyone thinking a draw is a reasonable result needs their head checking. Thankfully we do have another match in which we can win and go through.

If it weren’t for some poor keeping we’d have seen out a scrappy 1-0 win and we’d be in the hat for the next round.

Both teams weren’t going for this full tilt. Both of us have important league games coming up.

Which maked a draw even worse!

Cheylesmore ITK

I really don't know why you are arguing.

They are a team sitting in the relegation zone, who played their second string. They made six changes from the last game, and their defence wasn't the same at all. Their goalkeeper today was also a child.

You're making it out like we went away to the Etihad when in fact we played a poor Sheffield Wednesday team.
Forgive me but you seem to be hard of learning.

I haven't commented on the result, I was just just pointing out you were talking rubbish.

Their back 4 had 1 change also.

napolimp

In hindsight, I don't think that's necessarily a bad result. More game time for fringe players who obviously need it, still unbeaten, opportunity to get a good result at home, in the hat and hopefully good draw to look forward to, bit of money to be made if we get a good draw and priced right.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Forgive me but you seem to be hard of learning.

I haven't commented on the result, I was just just pointing out you were talking rubbish.

Their back 4 had 1 change also.

Are we better than Sheffield Wednesday? Yes.
Did Sheffield Wednesday play a weakened team? Yes.
Should our weakened team be better than their weakened team? Yes.
Did we fail to win because they were good, or because we were our own worst enemy today? The latter.

They made six changes. It doesn't matter if only one was in the defence. We had enough chances to beat them easily, and their attacking line up (which was completely different from the league game) failed to do anything at all other than roll the ball under a drunk Ben Wilson. As for their goalkeeper, he was treated like a charity case by the commentator because he's not long finished school. We barely tested him as our strikers were also seemingly as drunk as Ben Wilson.

You and whoever this other account are, are extremely tedious. You also aren't very self-aware considering you are calling out other people for being hard of learning.

gspotgaz

There were at least three of four players in their team tonight that were under 21. It was largely a second string selection from a team sitting in the relegation zone. Are you happy with the draw or what?
It wasn’t … they had a lot of first choice in starting line up… and yes absolutely delighted with the draw … what a bizarre question

Cheylesmore ITK

Are we better than Sheffield Wednesday? Yes.
Did Sheffield Wednesday play a weakened team? Yes.
Should our weakened team be better than their weakened team? Yes.
Did we fail to win because they were good, or because we were our own worst enemy today? The latter.

They made six changes. It doesn't matter if only one was in the defence. We had enough chances to beat them easily, and their attacking line up (which was completely different from the league game) failed to do anything at all other than roll the ball under a drunk Ben Wilson. As for their goalkeeper, he was treated like a charity case by the commentator because he's not long finished school. We barely tested him as our strikers were also seemingly as drunk as Ben Wilson.

You and whoever this other account are, are extremely tedious. You also aren't very self-aware considering you are calling out other people for being hard of learning.
FFS, you are possibly the dumbest person this forum and you have the cheek to talk about other peoples reading comprehension.

I will spell this out to you in moron which is likely still a too advance language for you.

I didn't comment on the result

I simply said that only 3 of their players were u21 even though you made there out to be more.

Now if you will kindly forgive me I have better things to go on a Friday night than speak to absolute numbskulls such as yourself.

Have a good night and please try not to dribble too much.

FFS, you are possibly the dumbest person this forum and you have the cheek to talk about other peoples reading comprehension.

I will spell this out to you in moron which is likely still a too advance language for you.

I simply said that only 3 of their players were u21 even though you made there out to be more.

Now if you will kindly forgive me I have better things to go on a Friday night than speak to absolute numbskulls such as yourself.

wednesday are fucking shit I went to town today and a piggy fucking c**t hit me 😂😂

Milne Out

Whats the odds on the next round draw ..

Sheff Weds or City vs Sheff Utd

To make it a bit more interesting to the Wednesday fans ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We really missed Sheaf's presence in the second half.
Simms just isn't working out as far as I can see. Godden may well be on his way out by the end of the season but unless Simms improves his touch before long he won't be far behind.

usskyblue

FWIW I thought Weds played better tonight than they did on Saturday. Seemed to me that their fringe players came in and did a good job for them.

A replay’s not ideal but I think we’re in a place whereby we need to give our fringe players minutes but it means changing the formation, which is going to lead to a less than perfect performance. Given that, I’m happy the unbeaten run continues and we get another bite at Weds at home and a possible tasty draw in round 5.

I’m quietly excited about Torp, he’s obviously not up to speed yet but he did give us plenty of reasons to think he's going to turn out to be a brilliant bit of business.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Let’s not make Simms the new boo boy either; he’s a good player, offers something different from the other strikers and shows the right attributes.

He’ll come good - 100%.

He needs a run of starts and a goal; both will help his confidence.
What exactly does he offer that's different ? The inability to trap a bag of sand ?

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

A bit rusty through lack of game time?

The problem, if that is the reason or a major contributory factor, is that he isn't going to get much more game time unless Collins gets injured.

I feel for Wilson, he lost his confidence in part in my opinion due to the constant chopping and changing of defensive twos and threes in front of him, I’m pretty sure you can’t go from the league’s best goalkeeper to a bag of shite in that short space of time and I do think it’s a confidence thing but (as we saw with Moore before) you need to get the shirt back to gain confidence and I agree I can’t see that happening at the minute…

shame because I think he’s a great keeper, and on a par with Collins at least, but that’s just the way it goes I guess

Cheylesmore ITK

FWIW I thought Weds played better tonight than they did on Saturday. Seemed to me that their fringe players came in and did a good job for them.

A replay’s not ideal but I think we’re in a place whereby we need to give our fringe players minutes but it means changing the formation, which is going to lead to a less than perfect performance. Given that, I’m happy the unbeaten run continues and we get another bite at Weds at home and a possible tasty draw in round 5.

I’m quietly excited about Torp, he’s obviously not up to speed yet but he did give us plenty of reasons to think he's going to turn out to be a brilliant bit of business.
I think it's more a case of us being rubbish in that system than them being better.

pusbccfc

It will be 30 points since it’s a midweek cup game.

Which makes it worthwhile for people if we get an attractive potential draw.

ccfc1234

I feel for Wilson, he lost his confidence in part in my opinion due to the constant chopping and changing of defensive twos and threes in front of him, I’m pretty sure you can’t go from the league’s best goalkeeper to a bag of shite in that short space of time and I do think it’s a confidence thing but (as we saw with Moore before) you need to get the shirt back to gain confidence and I agree I can’t see that happening at the minute…

shame because I think he’s a great keeper, and on a par with Collins at least, but that’s just the way it goes I guess
He was never the league's best goalkeeper.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is outstanding. It's like in The Hangover when Stu says to Alan that he's literally too stupid to insult, but he still doesn't get it.

What are you even arguing about? What's the point of dying on such a meaningless hill? I said they had three or four players in their team tonight that were under 21, that turned out to be a fact. I also pointed out that they had largely a second string team (6 changes suggests that). You are getting upset and trying to infer that they are somehow stronger than what I am making out, and ignoring the fact that it is totally irrelevant as to why their youth goalkeeper played. The fact is that he still played! It's absolutely nonsense to suggest that they were a strong side of any kind. They were complete fucking garbage. Our poor tactics and finishing/keeping were the only reasons they got a replay.

You are getting upset about the fact it was three under 21s, this is literally what I said:

There were at least three or four players in their team tonight that were under 21. It was largely a second string selection from a team sitting in the relegation zone.

You've come at me again about reading comprehension, but you are just proving that you don't actually know what you are arguing about. Cheylesmore ITK? Even Slowpoke is more in the fucking know than you are. As for the dribbling... Not everyone does it. Hopefully when the carers come in to disconnect the internet, plug the phone back in, and tuck you into bed, they can wipe the keyboard down as well.

Cheylesmore ITK

This is outstanding. It's like in The Hangover when Stu says to Alan that he's literally too stupid to insult, but he still doesn't get it.

What are you even arguing about? What's the point of dying on such a meaningless hill? I said they had three or four players in their team tonight that were under 21, that turned out to be a fact. I also pointed out that they had largely a second string team (6 changes suggests that). You are getting upset and trying to infer that they are somehow stronger than what I am making out, and ignoring the fact that it is totally irrelevant as to why their youth goalkeeper played. The fact is that he still played! It's absolutely nonsense to suggest that they were a strong side of any kind. They were complete fucking garbage. Our poor tactics and finishing/keeping were the only reasons they got a replay.

You are getting upset about the fact it was three under 21s, this is literally what I said:

You've come at me again about reading comprehension, but you are just proving that you don't actually know what you are arguing about. Cheylesmore ITK? Even Slowpoke is more in the fucking know than you are. As for the dribbling... Not everyone does it. Hopefully when the carers come in to disconnect the internet, plug the phone back in, and tuck you into bed, they can wipe the keyboard down as well.
Yep, as my DMs have advised me you are really, really, really fucking stupid.

Did you watch that film in a Dixons window? Someone as stupid as you has never owned the means to watch that at home.

And you still can't read, sadly your the first person that 'I am going to block on here as I fear stupidity at your levels maybe transmittable over the internet.

Have a good day and please stop chewing those crayons.

I shall know you as Dumb Dumb Mcthickcunt for now on.

Have grand night Dumb Dumb.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yep, as my DMs have advised me you are really, really, really fucking stupid.

And you still can't read, sadly your the first person that 'I am going to block on here as I fear stupidity at your levels maybe transmittable over the internet.

Have a good day and please stop chewing those crayons.

I shall know as Dumb Dumb Mcthickcunt for now on.

Have grand night Dumb Dumb.

1) It's you're, not your. If you're going to insult someone based on their intellect you should probably set a better example.
2) I speak five languages and have written a book. That's five languages and one book more than you.
3) You said you had better things to do, but for some reason are still sat here with your cock in your hand.

Please go ahead and block me. Anyone that uses the insult Dumb Dumb Mcthickcunt really is wasted on me.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Please let's agree to disagree. I dont like to get at our players and that what I would have to do to set out why i dont think he was the best keeper in the league this season or last.

You know what I meant when I said it, and to be honest yes you’re entitled to your view - but what you should’ve said is ‘I don’t think he was the league’s best goalkeeper’

either way, you get the gist of my original post 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread