Sheffield Wednesday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

Albert

Except that the history of the end was with the bottom tier
You have the top and bottom tier mate.
There was literally NO ISSUE at the Newcastle game; Half a dozen moronic Geordies wanted to get themselves on the telly by making out there was a crush - IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! About a hundred of the shirtless wonders had decided to stand together directly behind the goal, rather than stand/sit in their allocated seats . Any culpability aimed at SWFC was around the inability of stewards to persuade said meatheads to return to their seats, hence the further reduction in capacity at the insistance of the Safety Advisory Group, who basically wet themselves every time Hillsborough is mentioned for any reason. Capacity is down to around 33k these days, despite there behind 40k seats in the ground.
Hillsborough is tired and scruffy (some would say it's one of the last proper traditional grounds) and badly in need of updating (not going to happen) and the overall fan experience leads a lot to be desired (despite all that our ticket prices are higher than just about every other Championship club), but it's safe.

Adge

Wish I had a ticket for this now. Have our own game on the Saturday so was happy to go to the cup game the week after but now that’s obviously on the Friday night which means no Cigar again. 😩

Adge

Hillsbrough: One of my favourite grounds. As for Sheffield Wednesday away it shows how far we have come when failing to win will be a shock.
Indeed. A draw though wouldn’t be a disaster.

Gynnsthetonic

You have the top and bottom tier mate.
There was literally NO ISSUE at the Newcastle game; Half a dozen moronic Geordies wanted to get themselves on the telly by making out there was a crush - IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! About a hundred of the shirtless wonders had decided to stand together directly behind the goal, rather than stand/sit in their allocated seats . Any culpability aimed at SWFC was around the inability of stewards to persuade said meatheads to return to their seats, hence the further reduction in capacity at the insistance of the Safety Advisory Group, who basically wet themselves every time Hillsborough is mentioned for any reason. Capacity is down to around 33k these days, despite there behind 40k seats in the ground.
Hillsborough is tired and scruffy (some would say it's one of the last proper traditional grounds) and badly in need of updating (not going to happen) and the overall fan experience leads a lot to be desired (despite all that our ticket prices are higher than just about every other Championship club), but it's safe.
I always had the thought that Sheff Wed were the Man U of that area, a massive club with a big urban following and a massive stadium, they seem to of been in decline for around 30 years

fernandopartridge

I always had the thought that Sheff Wed were the Man U of that area, a massive club with a big urban following and a massive stadium, they seem to of been in decline for around 30 years
They've been a bit of a yo-yo club for their entire history, only spent one year in the 70s in the top flight, average gate in the 3rd division in 1979 was just under 11k!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Saw this on Owlstalk.

Albertowl

• Albertowl
    Experienced
Posted 5 hours ago
Living with and amongst Coventry fans, i would kill for one win from the two games (preferably Saturday), but i fear they will turn us over all three times.

I watch them quite a lot, six times already this season and imho since O'Hare returned from injury they are as good if not better than anyone else in the league.

Their recruitment over the last few seasons has been brilliant, they are solid at the back, don't have any injuries other than Wright who most City fans don't rate anyway and they have the best player in the league on current form.

I went to the Boxing Day game just hoping we wouldn't get hammered, I'm marginally more optimistic for this week, but we really don't need them to score the first.

slowpoke

Blades fans won’t agree but Wednesday were always the bigger of the two although the last 20 years contridictcthat

Macca1987

Morning all, due to a family emergency one of our group has dropped out for tomorrow. I have an adult ticket for sale at face value in the West Stand Upper, if anyone still needs a ticket

Ooh Ah

My favourite away trip Wednesday. Decent fans, great ground if in need of a little loving, and some good pubs for a drink. Have a mate who is a season ticket holder. Always found a different experience meeting Blades fans home or away, bewildering.

Remember the game when two Weds fans were killed in a car crash on the way to the CBS and saw the daughter of the big fella they call Tango man just died. Awful, no parent should have to bury their kids.

Anyways soft spot for them, but hoping for 3 points.

Happy_Martian

Would want the 3 pts over the Cup win if I had to choose. Strongest team for tomorrow and let some of the squad players get minutes in the cup game. Wednesday have improved with Rohl but I think our second string could still give them a game in the Cup.

No reason we can't win both. Still putting my bets on Wednesday win though 😟

skybluestub

Long shot but if anyone has a spare for tomorrow, would be very interested. Plans have fallen through and now have a little lad gutted he can’t go. Don’t care if it’s not a child ticket 👍

Happy_Martian

Just checked the Wednesday forum. Some balanced comments and some howlers.

This fits the latter.

They drew at home against Leicester ? Does he know we beat them at home :ROFLMAO:

1705690805407.png

Sky Blue Harry H

Safe journeys to all the travelling SBA. Missing today, but will be travelling up on Friday for the cup game. 3 points please, and give them an extra shout from me, although I'll be shouting at the TV/radio anyway. PUSB!!

Covkid1968#

Full of cold but need to get up and catch a train. Not feeling it today!! Hopefully a beer will straighten me out. We need to make sure we follow up on last weeks victory… no complacency lads. PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

I regret getting an early 8:30 train. It’s been a shit week personally for me so 3 points would be nice!

Macca

Already got the 3 pts I expected from this and the Leicester game so anything is a bonus. Should beat these though.

Astute

Its biased towards long term season ticket holders. Not everyone is in a position where being a season ticket holder makes sense financially or in practical terms.
Long term season ticket holders are those who have put their money into our club for years. This would include the dark days when our attendances were low including the levels below where we are now. They deserve to get something for their loyalty.

Or do you think that someone who goes to games a couple of times a season should have the same rights as someone who hardly miss a game?

It was never worth me getting a ST. Shift worker that included working weekends. I also lived in Cumbria which meant a 6 hour round trip for home games. You just have to take it on the chin. I did as many games as I could including games at places like Yeovil which was 6 hours each way. But in no way did I deserve a ticket before those who finance our club.

oscillatewildly

They've been a bit of a yo-yo club for their entire history, only spent one year in the 70s in the top flight, average gate in the 3rd division in 1979 was just under 11k!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Doesn't Hillsborough still hold the record attendance for a third tier game?
Late 1970's I think and pretty sure it was versus the blunts.

Users who are viewing this thread