Sheffield Wednesday 20th Jan (3 Viewers)

Covcraig@bury

I do hope there are additional tickets. I have been to Leeds, Sunderland and Middlesboro away recently.
It really isn't a fair system which has been talked about in length on this forum. A proportion of tickets should go to a ballot.
If you get a ticket and need a lift I’m driving to the game .

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I’m

Out of the 14 league games, only 4 haven’t made it to general sale. The system in place is fair.

The reason you don’t have enough points is because you haven’t been to enough games or had a season ticket each year for past 4 years.
Its biased towards long term season ticket holders. Not everyone is in a position where being a season ticket holder makes sense financially or in practical terms.

clint van damme

Its biased towards long term season ticket holders. Not everyone is in a position where being a season ticket holder makes sense financially or in practical terms.

But as he said, all but 4 games have made general sale.
This has bee done to death but if we ever get to the point where every away game is selling out to the same section of ST holders then its a closed shop and needs looking at.
We're a million miles away from that happening and there plenty of opportunities for people to attend away games.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

You're not doing too badly out of this unfair system.
I disagree.
I've been to Hull, Millwall, Preston, Rotherham, Leeds, Sunderland , Middlesboro away but so far unsuccessful for Sheffield Wed.
The ticket allocation method is statistically biased towards multi year season ticket holders. I can acknowledge season ticket holder having a form of priority but it shouldn't be exclusive to those. It is a closed shop in high demand games .

David O'Day

I disagree.
I've been to Hull, Millwall, Preston, Rotherham, Leeds, Sunderland , Middlesboro away but so far unsuccessful for Sheffield Wed.
The ticket allocation method is statistically biased towards multi year season ticket holders. I can acknowledge season ticket holder having a form of priority but it shouldn't be exclusive to those. It is a closed shop in high demand games .
it made it to 600+ points, that isn't that exclusive or a closed shop

Last edited:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It’s biased to people who financially and physically support the club, yes… that’s the whole point of having such a system.
I physically support the club. It's likely I will find a way of going to the game somehow.
I'm just restating the system is biased towards multi year season ticket holders and for certain games it's a closed shop. Having an additional random element would provide a more inclusive cross section of supporters.

Last edited:

clint van damme

I disagree.

It's not exclusive, we have 2 or 3 games a year where there are issues.
The rest of the time there's plenty of availability.

ST holders missing out because tickets were put in a free for all for any Tom, Dick or Harry would be a piss take.
AsI said, every game selling out to ST holders, different story but we're nowhere near that scenario.

skyblue1991

As a non-season ticket holder the system is fair

Those that put money into the club up front should be rewarded with priority sales

Cup games aside the club get 0% revenue from away games so going to them doesn't mean you are helping the club financially

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

But as he said, all but 4 games have made general sale.
This has bee done to death but if we ever get to the point where every away game is selling out to the same section of ST holders then its a closed shop and needs looking at.
We're a million miles away from that happening and there plenty of opportunities for people to attend away games.

This is it in a nutshell.

You don't want the away support to get stale but we're miles away from that. You can always go Sheffield Wednesday next week :ROFLMAO:

Of course those that have have more points should have priority. It's also a strong selling point for DK, I'm questioning renewing next season but access to away games will be what convinces me.

SHUNT31

it made it to 600+ points, that isn't that exclusive or a closed shop
Exactly. 2 years ST (including the current one) and a handful of games is easily 600 points. Not taking into account any home games attended when not having a season ticket in the 4 prior years.

Even if only a ST this year, would only have needed to attend 37 games (less with midweek away points) over a 4 year period.

SkyBlueMatt

Really good point.

Even more so when we're in the PL for the 25/26 season. I'll be in the promised land of 1200 points by then :ROFLMAO:

Exactly. 2 years ST (including the current one) and a handful of games is easily 600 points. Not taking into account any home games attended when not having a season ticket in the 4 prior years.

Even if only a ST this year, would only have needed to attend 37 games (less with midweek away points) over a 4 year period.

Also cup games, 30 big ones per game.

Covcraig@bury

I can understand the frustration. I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and I can’t always make the home games if I’m away working . I’ve missed a few this season so I’m not really getting that value.
The same with away tickets , I can’t make most of these because of work but I have accumulated enough points to get second dibs . I pick and choose. It’s difficult going to games ( home or away ) if you live miles out of the City and with work commitments.
sometime I’m so tired from driving back from Aberdeen I just can’t be arsed .
There’s no good answer to your dilemma. Buy a season ticket year in year out and take the hit like I have done . I remember a few seasons back I missed most home games .
that same year I played Golf twice at my club , that worked out at £350 a round 🤦‍♂️ because of work . Not great value at all .

edgy

1704902809062.png
This is 3788 allocation.

Be a real shame if they can't open up the remaining seats. Seems the CBS is not the only ground to have restrictions on it from outside agencies.

Frank Sidebottom

What happened with Newcastle?
Fans reported overcrowding and crushing and lack of stewards. Think they had 4700 there. (There are 6500ish seats in that end).

"Sheffield city council contacted the Newcastle United Supporters Trust regarding the January game and considered about 50 accounts on aspects such as the number of stewards and incorrect information given to fans who were directed through the wrong turnstiles."

"The Sports Grounds Safety Authority, the British government’s adviser on safety at sports venues, reviewed the incident with Wednesday and local officials."

“Regarding capacity reduction, we can advise that the Upper West Stand now has a further reduced capacity of 2,400 (down from 3,200 as a result of the recent review) for a stand with a holding capacity of 4,194,” the council told Newcastle."

“The Lower West Stand now has a further reduced capacity of 1,300 (down from 1,500 as a result of the recent review) for a stand with a holding capacity of 2,366.”

skybluecam

Fans reported overcrowding and crushing and lack of stewards. Think they had 4700 there. (There are 6500ish seats in that end).

"Sheffield city council contacted the Newcastle United Supporters Trust regarding the January game and considered about 50 accounts on aspects such as the number of stewards and incorrect information given to fans who were directed through the wrong turnstiles."

"The Sports Grounds Safety Authority, the British government’s adviser on safety at sports venues, reviewed the incident with Wednesday and local officials."

“Regarding capacity reduction, we can advise that the Upper West Stand now has a further reduced capacity of 2,400 (down from 3,200 as a result of the recent review) for a stand with a holding capacity of 4,194,” the council told Newcastle."

“The Lower West Stand now has a further reduced capacity of 1,300 (down from 1,500 as a result of the recent review) for a stand with a holding capacity of 2,366.”
So 3700 looks like a hard limit then.

Flying Fokker

I disagree.
The club needs to do more to get new away followers.
If the club increases the points needed next season in order to be priority it will be continuing as a closed shop.
This is it in a nutshell.

You don't want the away support to get stale but we're miles away from that. You can always go Sheffield Wednesday next week :ROFLMAO:

Of course those that have have more points should have priority. It's also a strong selling point for DK, I'm questioning renewing next season but access to away games will be what convinces me.
Just wondering? I’m assuming the tickets went to General Sale today?

It’s a bummer when you can’t get tickets for your chosen game, but having looked at the priority of allocation, there were chances to buy for all season ticket holders.

Ref the priority allocation. I’m ok with it providing they do not increase the thresholds. At the moment it only takes 4 or 5 years to be top of the priority allocation. Not that bad really. It will be bollocks if they change things. Considering there are 4-5k Premier Season Card holders, things could be a lot worse than they are a

I totally get that people want to have a chance to pick their games regardless of how long someone has held a season ticket (keeps some off the streets 😆)

By the way, the big games are only going to come thick and fast until mid May.

Last edited:

clint van damme

The club needs to do more to get new away followers.
If the club increases the points needed next season in order to be priority it will be continuing as a closed shop.

Can you explain how its a closed shop when all but 4 games have made it to general sale?
'New away followers' have plenty of opportunity to get on away days.

Users who are viewing this thread