Sheffield Utd that could be us (3 Viewers)

tigersb

Watching their game against Man U today and there must have been about 6 players in their team who played against us in league 1
With the right signings could we achieve what they've done?
How many of our squad could make that sort of step up

Tommo1993

Sickeningly rich Saudi Prince owner and a pretty decent fan base. No brainer to see why the two clubs went in opposite directions.

Evo1883

We are two clubs on two completely different ends of the spectrum... Was even the case when they were in the same division as us

robbiethemole

Watching their game against Man U today and there must have been about 6 players in their team who played against us in league 1

well 3 at least, Norwood, Fleck and McGoldrick

SlowerThanPlatt

I thought Leon Clarke got loaned out somewhere but no he’s still there. He’s only been involved in 1 Premier League game and 1 League Cup game. His contract expires at the end of this season...dare I say it

ccfcway

I thought Leon Clarke got loaned out somewhere but no he’s still there. He’s only been involved in 1 Premier League game and 1 League Cup game. His contract expires at the end of this season...dare I say it

a relegation threatened championship club would snap their hands off for him in Jan

The coventrian

No chance.
They seem to have a decent owner with ambition. We have the trailer trash that is sisu capital.

SlowerThanPlatt

No chance.
They seem to have a decent owner with ambition. We have the trailer trash that is sisu capital.

Rubbish. Robins has had money to spend, some of it spent wisely some of it not so. More than most League One clubs.

And let’s not forget we’ve been offering better and presumably bigger contracts than teams in our division for a while. Ogogo and Brown last season and Allen, McFadzean and Marosi this.

pusbccfc

If people of Coventry gave a shit, we could have bigger crowds than them.

We're a one city club but despite our problems, the bandwagon bunch haven't turned up enough.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If people of Coventry gave a shit, we could have bigger crowds than them.

We're a one city club but despite our problems, the bandwagon bunch haven't turned up enough.
Turned up ? Where, Birmingham ?

Gazolba

Considering Sheffield has two major clubs and Sheffield's population is not double Coventry's, I wonder how many supporters in Sheffield switch their allegiance based on which club is the most successful at any given time. It would be interesting to know how many supporters have staunch allegiance to one club or the other.

SlowerThanPlatt

Considering Sheffield has two major clubs and Sheffield's population is not double Coventry's, I wonder how many supporters in Sheffield switch their allegiance based on which club is the most successful at any given time. It would be interesting to know how many supporters have staunch allegiance to one club or the other.

Jesus Christ. I gave some of your posts the benefit of the doubt but this is insane

Tommo1993

So some City fans would flit between Coventry City and the laughing stock that is Cov Utd depending on level?

The coventrian

Rubbish. Robins has had money to spend, some of it spent wisely some of it not so. More than most League One clubs.
And let’s not forget we’ve been offering better and presumably bigger contracts than teams in our division for a while. Ogogo and Brown last season and Allen, McFadzean and Marosi this.
Money through player sales yes?
Let's not kid ourselves that sisu themselves have invented as they havent.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes through player sales. What will make you happy? If we keep every player and spend money we don’t have?

It's a perfectly legitimate way to run a club at our level and we're far from the only ones doing it. What is disingenuous though is to paint it as investment from the owners-if anything things have improved with the owners focussing on their legal blind alleys while leaving day to day management to Boddy and co. We are able to spend a % of what we bring in and we've brought in a lot from transfer fees. That's it.

Liquid Gold

Too much sun and fox news.

Users who are viewing this thread