Sheffield Utd Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry to be a killjoy guys, but I'm still keeping my feet on the ground. If you look at where we are - 7th - great but............
All teams below us (down to 15th) have a lot of games in hand. We need to make sure we make the most of other poor results around us.

Pos ........ Team ............Played .............Points ...........Points available in hand
7th......... City................. 31 .................. 47
8th ........ Yeovil.............. 28 .................. 45 ............... 9
9th ........ Notts C ........... 28 .................. 43 ............... 9
10th ...... MK Dons ......... 27 .................. 43 ............... 12
11th ...... Crawley .......... 27 .................. 41 ............... 12
12th ...... Walsall ............ 30 ................. 41 ................ 3
13th ...... Crewe ............. 28 ................. 40 ................ 9
14th ...... Stevenage ....... 26 ................. 40 ................ 15
15th ...... Leyton Or. ....... 29 ................. 40 ................ 6

With the exception of Walsall and Orient, they could all overtake us mathematically.

Of course - but do it again assuming the're results over the last 10 games continue for their next few games and we will still be in top 10 and a form team going into the last 15 games - It's all on

I still think we will be 1 or 2 wins short but what a win tonight!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sorry to be a killjoy guys, but I'm still keeping my feet on the ground. If you look at where we are - 7th - great but............
All teams below us (down to 15th) have a lot of games in hand. We need to make sure we make the most of other poor results around us.

Pos ........ Team ............Played .............Points ...........Points available in hand

With the exception of Walsall and Orient, they could all overtake us mathematically.

3 of MK Dons games in hand are 2 vs Doncaster and 1 tomorrow vs Bournemouth so tough games for them
Yeovil game tomorrow is against Brentford, they lose that and then we beat them that puts us 5 points ahead of them and they only have 2 games in hand

I haven't looked at the fixtures, but I doubt they could all overtake us as a lot of the games in hand are going to be against each other so they are all going to be taking points off each other

dutchman

Gotta love this picture on the BBC website...

_65659916_clarke_empics.jpg

Sky Blues

I don't want to reopen the sky blue kit, sky blue seats debate, but I hope we keep the Brazil kit - or something similar - as our away strip for next season. We do seem to get results in it!

kg82

I don't want to reopen the sky blue kit, sky blue seats debate, but I hope we keep the Brazil kit - or something similar - as our away strip for next season. We do seem to get results in it!

It'll be same colours, sure they said it'll be same for 2 seasons. But could be a different sponsor.

skybluelee

That's not particularly relevant. It is skewed by our shit start. If we continue our form over the last 4 months we will be in the top 6. Entirely in our hands.

BackRoomRummermill

TUT TUT TUT for so many reasons , go to the idiots thread and repent

Astute

Have you been keeping an eye on how much he has allegedly been losing??

Lost a few hundred against Preston, but not on a bad run. Put another £25 on us to win tonight at 5.8 Now if you would like a bet on me not having bets at good odds then make it a decent one and I will prove it. Your losing bet would go to charity. There are even a few on hete that have seen me doing my bets at games, although I don't feel as though I have anything to prove to someone like you :D

SkyblueBazza

Can't be arsed to look into the fine detail...but I'm we have to play most of these teams so based on your "if" (they win their games in hand) theory...IF we beat them all - that'll help! Also, I'm pretty sure a lot will have to play each other too...so that might have a positive impact for us too.
It's all to play for...we just have to keep our strong form going.
Keep the faith! PUSB...MRSBA

Astute

We keep beating the teams at or near the top of the table. That is what matters the most.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Lost a few hundred against Preston, but not on a bad run. Put another £25 on us to win tonight at 5.8 Now if you would like a bet on me not having bets at good odds then make it a decent one and I will prove it. Your losing bet would go to charity. There are even a few on hete that have seen me doing my bets at games, although I don't feel as though I have anything to prove to someone like you :D

Money to charity? Beckham, is that you ;)

Only kidding. Didnt think your run was that bad. Least i know I wasnt just misreading ;)

Sky Blue Pete

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Favourite post of the year!

kg82

I've done the bbc predictor thing to get the teams with games in hand over us up to how many we've played. I'm pretty sure I've done worst case scenario and from that we're down in 10 but only 5 points off the play offs with 15 to play. That's doable. As long as we keep our form up.

Macca

The games in hand situation is horrible on paper so I'd take 5 pts off play offs when everyone has caught up

wolfie

Are u taken in to account some of these teams need to play each other and will also drop points. I believe it is totally in our hands keep playing well and pick up the points. We won't make the top 2 but on this form we will get to the play offs

sky_blue_up_north

Just got back from Sheffield, This was a massive night for us. We with stood their pressure in the second half and a real strikers winner. To be honest I thought Utd were the better team in the second half, but we are so reslienant now, I always back us to win. I the end we could have 3 or 4. Both Jennings and Thomas had great chances to put the game beyond them. Over brilliant performance, bring on Crewe!

j_rees101

Just got back from Sheffield, This was a massive night for us. We with stood their pressure in the second half and a real strikers winner. To be honest I thought Utd were the better team in the second half, but we are so reslienant now, I always back us to win. I the end we could have 3 or 4. Both Jennings and Thomas had great chances to put the game beyond them. Over brilliant performance, bring on Crewe!

I just got back too, we should have put away some chances in the first half and we could easily have lost it in the second. Great win at the end though! Don't want to be too cynical but Leon Clarke, although he was in the right place to score the two goals, was terrible at holding the ball up and I don't remember him winning a single header. Moussa, Thomas and Jennings all made some great driving runs towards the end and edge was great as usual. Motm, Jennings for me

ps1948

Where is our Administrator Nick, who last posted in supreme negativity about us losing.....I know its CCFC, buts it's a sad day when the people who run this site can't bring themselves to be positive!
Surely its not too big a surprise that a team above us in the table, playing at home, improved after a poor first half and try to come back into the game? This is a game we would have lost previoulsy, so lets be happy and look forward to loads of draws tomorrow, except hopefully wins for Bury, Hartlepool and Carlisle!!

Astute

Great night. £306 up but most importantly 3 points for Cov :)

Astute

I just got back too, we should have put away some chances in the first half and we could easily have lost it in the second. Great win at the end though! Don't want to be too cynical but Leon Clarke, although he was in the right place to score the two goals, was terrible at holding the ball up and I don't remember him winning a single header. Moussa, Thomas and Jennings all made some great driving runs towards the end and edge was great as usual. Motm, Jennings for me

This can't be right. Some keep saying Jennings is shite, Doyle is better and Clarke won't score goals ;)

sky_blue_up_north

For me Jennings is an unsung hero, my player of the season by far

lordsummerisle

About £250 down against Carlisle weren't you?

You tend to slow down your "considerably richer than yow" posts when they don't come in..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He was good today.

Edj is quickly becoming a weak link in our team, teams are targeting him and he can't handle it, another mare today.

I agree about Jennings! Seems to improve by the game!

Wouldnt say Edjenguele had a mare, but he is getting caught out abit more recently. Not sure if he needs to sit out a few games and watch from the sidelines and try and see what he needs to work on.

That said, Robins has recently said he notices mistakes etc, and that needs to change so i imagine he sits down with the Edge after games and shows him where hes got to improve.

6 Generations

'And during the leadership of Sir Bobby Robson, Gary Lineker was firmly instructed not to track back in to his own half for England. Robson knew that Lineker was an out and out goal scorer.

Further, Lee Chapman hardly contributed to a Leeds United's all round play, but had the rare knack of always being liable to score a goal from either cheek of his arse.

If Leon Clarke does no more than 'goal hang' for us for the next 2 years, we will be in a far better position than we are now.

PUSB

Astute

About £250 down against Carlisle weren't you?

You tend to slow down your "considerably richer than yow" posts when they don't come in..

Carlisle it was and not Preston :D

Knew it was a recent game. Some of us have to work for a living and having a hard night. I don't keep all wins and losses written down. How about a big wager to go with your big head? And if I don't post my big losses how do you know about them?

Users who are viewing this thread