Sheffield United (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Still unsure about this, I hope we go out and give them a hammering like I hope every game but think it might be a tight one.

D

Deleted member 2477

Going to be a wet pitch. Might work in their favour

D

Deleted member 2477

Im wondering the same sw and also where is everyone having a beer before the game ?

chiefdave

For anyone driving, any idea where is best to park?

Football Ground Guide said:
From The South:

Leave M1 at Junction 33 and take the A630 into Sheffield City Centre. On reaching the inner ring road follow signs for A621 Bakewell, the ground is about a 1/4 of a mile the other side of the city centre. It is located on the A621 (Bramall Lane). Street Parking.
Alternatively, if you want to avoid Sheffield City Centre, then you may find it easier to park at Meadowhall Railway Station, near to the well known Shopping Centre (unless of course it is in the run up to Christmas or the January sales, when the shopping centre is very busy), just by Junction 34 of the M1, where you can park for free. You can then take a yellow tram to the City Centre and then walk to the ground. The tram journey time is around 20 minutes and costs £4 return. Mark Needham adds; 'it's worth noting that if you are coming up from the South, that you can leave the M1 at Junction 29 (Chesterfield) and follow signs for Sheffield A61. This is particularly useful if the M1 is slow around J30, as it often is!'
Post Code for SAT NAV: S2 4SU

Park At Broom Close Car Park (only 5 mins walk from Bramall Lane)

Just five minutes walk away from Bramall Lane and ten minutes from the city centre, is Broom Close Car Park. This pay and display car park, has a capacity of 57 spaces and it is very reasonably priced at just £1 for 4 hours, £1.50 for 12 hours, or £2 for 24 hours. It is also covered by CCTV. The address of the car park is Broom Close (which is just off London Road), Sheffield, S2 4NW (Although SatNav users may find it more accurate to type in Broom Close, Sheffield as the destination. On entering Broom Close, ignore the private car park on the right and instead then take the next left into the Bransby Wilson car park. This handy Broom Close Car Park Location Map (PDF file 2mb), shows its exact position. To then walk to Bramall Lane, exit the car park and turn right along Broom Close. On reaching the main London Road turn right, then when convenient cross the road to the other side. Take the next left hand turn into John Road. Continue straight along John Road and you will reach the football ground on your right.

Last minute decision but I'm in... It's bee 2 long weeks without a game and I've buckled. It's not the same in a pub watching it on the tv combined with the fear of missing out! 1-3 and Cole to score. Ever the optimist.

rupert_bear

Main thing re results yesterday is regardless of today's result we go into the Xmas program on the automatic slots would of accepted that in the summer, remember you can't win them all that's not being negative just realistic. The positive thing for me is our squad is far stronger for the second half of the season than it was in August and I expect us to develop further

Astute

I would prefer to wait and see if we can keep Armstrong before saying that our squad is stronger for the second half of the season.

Steve.B50

It's dry up here at present and no rain since about 6pm yesterday. Talking to some Sheffield fans in hotel bar last night, they think it's got a draw written all over it, which tells me they think we will win but do not want to admit to it.

rupert_bear

I don't have any concerns re Armstrong I am certain if he is 'recalled Mowbray has a plan of action ready and waiting I don't think TM will be resting on his laurels I also don't think Newcastle will recall him as good as he has been for us no way is he ready for a run of Premiership games.

Nick

Administrator
Looking forward to it, hopefully I'll be proven wrong to not feel too confident.

Will the Swedish guy make the squad?

Astute

Looking forward to it, hopefully I'll be proven wrong to not feel too confident.

Will the Swedish guy make the squad?

I think it will be too early for the Swedish guy. He will be off the radar ;)

stupot07

Armstrong has only scored 1 goal in away games so far. Let's hope he betters that today

2 but both in 1 game (Millwall). But yeah, i agree with what your saying, it's a bit odd that he struggles away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

swfcsam

Hey up Sky Blues,

Don't know if you remember me but I've been around on here for a few years now. Always follow Coventry's results and in particular the absolute nutter that is Reda Johnson (when he plays!) and Marcus Tudgay.

Really delighted with your season so far, I know it hasn't been an easy time since dropping down but things are really looking up for you, a place in the Championship isn't to far away surely?

Anyway, do us a favour and beat a very poor Blunts team. Normally you wouldn't kick someone when they're down but this really doesn't apply to the Blunts. :p

Will be watching on Sky Sports and might stick around on here.

Enjoy the match!

mrtrench

Of course we remember you - you came on and predicted exactly what Reda would do as we signed him. You were right.

mrtrench

No whats he say?

Just googled it "Boys have a job to do live on Sky Sports today
1f914.png
#CCFC #PUSB"

I don't think that means he'll not play.

Users who are viewing this thread