Match Thread Sheff United v West Brom (2 Viewers)

The CableGuy

Mark Robins clearly has no respect for The Coventry Way. We are not used to this end-of-season play-offs maybe Premier League could we!? excitement. He clearly has little regard for our long-standing beliefs and traditions, and he should be removed from his job immediately. ;)

skyblu3sk

Just did a limited amount of research on parachute payments. Looks like in the last accounts our turnover was £18m. Last season it was £44m in the first year of parachute payments. Apparently that is going to reduce but it shows the difference for our club even if we come straight back down 🫣.

Finham

Was nice to listen to Gurney again. He had a lovely, calm "no, that's a Sheffield Utd FK" tone whilst commentating and his analyst spat feathers at him for being too calm and impartial-"you're not very excited about us getting given that!" "Well, no, because it was clearly a Sheffield United free kick..." He sounded calmer and calmer as it went on, but in a "holding back the celebration" way.

Was wondering if he still supports us but his Twitter gently suggests "yes": https://twitter.com/RobGurneyOnAir

Last edited:

Otis

We have to do our end of the business. We can't squander chances like Vik did last Saturday.
Yup . Perfect time for him to squander chances isn't it. A game we won .

Can't think of a better time to do it.

Astute

Watching these other games is more stressful than watching City!
They have been my way to relax 😀

Got rid of the wife for a few weeks. She is in Spain at the moment. I have the kids. But it isn't easy dealing with hospitals, doctors and schools when you're not fluent in the language. I struggle with English sometimes 🤪

Gibbo

66 points be enough at this rate. Lol
There are 5 teams in the mix inc ourselves. Given they are the top teams there is a fair chance 2 of the 4 other teams will win both their last two games. That means 2 teams on 71. Bear in mind that Millwall play Blackburn so only one of those can

slowpoke

The mix is intriguing to say the least if Swansea who are in my opinion dark horses to make top six get at least a point at Hull Saturday they have West Brom at home last match Albion have to beat Norwich a draw not a lot of good to either and PNE mustn’t lose at Sheffield and then finish with Sunderland at home, so intriguing, but it’s down to us to sort Blues out Saturday.

fernandopartridge

Was nice to listen to Gurney again. He had a lovely, calm "no, that's a Sheffield Utd FK" tone whilst commentating and his analyst spat feathers at him for being too calm and impartial-"you're not very excited about us getting given that!" "Well, no, because it was clearly a Sheffield United free kick..." He sounded calmer and calmer as it went on, but in a "holding back the celebration" way.

Was wondering if he still supports us but his Twitter gently suggests "yes": https://twitter.com/RobGurneyOnAir

Of course he still supports City, he's a huge fan. I think he's usually relatively pro WBA but I guess last night his instincts took over.

The Philosopher

Great result for us. They slip back in terms of points and GD.

In our hands. MR needs to go full Monty on everything - get the stadium blessed by clergy, faith healers, sports psychologists and hypnotists surveillance to make sure no one spikes Vik’s milk if he gets it delivered to his doorstep.

Lots of daft satire above but the point is that the next few games are worth potentially hundreds of millions.

Bigger and more important than any games ever in our history (including 87 and Prem relegation season)

Users who are viewing this thread