Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

039FC84A-5170-4C08-A8EA-A01C3A7D91C5.jpeg
Alarm Siren GIF

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The laughing emoji here, “essentially being used as a diversion to avoid making any consessions or sensible debate on the points I've made”

The irony there being that not a single person has actually been able to debate my points sensibly whatsoever. Added sprinkle of using the, checks notes, 'players player' award to try and 'end the debate' over an argument point that no one has made either.

Sentence two qualifying sentence one there in literal terms right here on this page. Which beckons, why would I bother further?

Brighton Sky Blue

The irony there being that not a single person has actually been able to debate my points sensibly whatsoever. Added sprinkle of using the, checks notes, 'players player' award to try and 'end the debate' over an argument point that no one has made either.

Sentence two qualifying sentence one there in literal terms right here on this page. Which beckons, why would I bother further?
What the award does show is the value that his teammates think he adds to the team, no?

SBT

His teammates have, by majority, made the case that he’s been the best player in the squad this season - what do you say to them?

Mucca Mad Boys

Statistically, he’s one of the best central midfielders in the league in defensive stats and ball progression.

That’s why Prem teams want him.

Cally Fedora

If Sheaf goes to the Premiership he’ll need to cut out the numerous passes he gives away each game. He won’t get regular games as it’s all about possession.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What the award does show is the value that his teammates think he adds to the team, no?
His teammates have, by majority, made the case that he’s been the best player in the squad this season - what do you say to them?

I never said he didn't have any value to the team or his team-mates. Our perception of how good he is, is the difference here. There are plenty of reasoned arguments why I believe he isn't as strong as some make out, and I have consistently raised these, and they continuously get ignored or deflected. Hence why we're having a conversation about something not relevant to anything I have said at all.

I fully accept I am in the minority with my viewpoint, but I'm afraid the players player award isn't going to be something that is going to change it, so you are looking for arguments where there aren't any.

SBT

I never said he didn't have any value to the team or his team-mates. Our perception of how good he is, is the difference here. There are plenty of reasoned arguments why I believe he isn't as strong as some make out, and I have consistently raised these, and they continuously get ignored or deflected. Hence why we're having a conversation about something not relevant to anything I have said at all.

I fully accept I am in the minority with my viewpoint, but I'm afraid the players player award isn't going to be something that is going to change it, so you are looking for arguments where there aren't any.
I’m confused, are we looking for arguments, or refusing to debate?

The argument that perceptions of Sheaf’s importance are over-inflated are at least somewhat challenged by the fact that his teammates also see him as the squad’s best player, aren’t they? Or are the players guilty of making the same errors in perceiving Sheaf’s impact that most other fans are?

Feel free to ignore it if you don’t want to engage, but it seems like a relevant question in the light of brand new information.

Gint11

I’d like Sheaf to stay but I also buy into him being at peak of his value and unlikely to sign a new deal. I’d a bid over 15M comes in, I think we should make it happen.

Brighton Sky Blue

I suppose stronger evidence will come as and when he is sold. If he goes to a top flight club for an 8 figure fee, it’s safe to say he must be pretty good, isn’t it?

rob9872

Hope he's going nowhere but if we're really getting £20m for a holding midfielder when we have Torp, Eccles and get to spend that on 4 x £5m players (including a replacement), then he has to go for him and us. Tbh he's been my favourite player this season and deserves his awards, but the one thing he needs to add is goals. Some of his shooting has been awful.

shmmeee

Hope he's going nowhere but if we're really getting £20m for a holding midfielder when we have Torp, Eccles and get to spend that on 4 x £5m players (including a replacement), then he has to go for him and us. Tbh he's been my favourite player this season and deserves his awards, but the one thing he needs to add is goals. Some of his shooting has been awful.

Scores one worldly then spends the rest of the season failing to recreate it 😂 the DMs curse.

I suspect it’ll be more like £15m, but £20m would do some serious damage. £4m each on CB CM AM LB then £2m each on a ST and a GK. Add in a couple of experienced frees at CB and CM and a loan at RW and that’s pretty much us for the season IMO. Any Vik or Gus cash is a bonus.

GK
MvE Thomas CB LB
CM Eccles
Saka AM Wright
Simms

Collins, Lats, Dasilva, CB, Kitching, Torp, CM, Palmer, Allen, RW, EMC, ST, Tavares, Burroughs for subs.

Honestly think that’s a top four squad.

And i think that second string beats most L1 and below sides in the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread