Sheaf (3 Viewers)

robbiethemole

Such a pessimistic bunch on here, just scanned the other boards and apart from Scumderland worried about losing Clarke, ( totally happening ), no other teams are trying to get rid of their best player!!
Why does it happen on here every fugging year?? We need to break the cycle and keep hold of these players for a couple of years longer, longer and build a solid foundation of the squad.

Balli001

Such a pessimistic bunch on here, just scanned the other boards and apart from Scumderland worried about losing Clarke, ( totally happening ), no other teams are trying to get rid of their best player!!
Why does it happen on here every fugging year?? We need to break the cycle and keep hold of these players for a couple of years longer, longer and build a solid foundation of the squad.
Keep Sheaf for a couple more years and he leaves on a free. Whether we like it or not this is the best time to sell him. Nobody here wants to sell him its just the way the club is being run right now. He has 2 years left on his contract and at the peak of his form. As with Gyokeres and Hamer we use the money to sign multiple players to improve the overall squad.

Hertsccfc

Keep Sheaf for a couple more years and he leaves on a free. Whether we like it or not this is the best time to sell him. Nobody here wants to sell him its just the way the club is being run right now. He has 2 years left on his contract and at the peak of his form. As with Gyokeres and Hamer we use the money to sign multiple players to improve the overall squad.
Does it improve the squad?

This way you will always have prospects rather than established players and the inconsistency that goes with it. You need some experience and players at the top of their career, but model purists seem to thing this isn't allowed under the model.

long way home

The time in our model could be right to sell Sheaf, he has been a brilliant signing and think he has improved so much his all round game with us. It doesn't hurt to keep him but now he could be the maximum value to the club to sell to reinvest in 2 players of potential quality.

Brilliant signing, top player and he would definitely go with fans gratitude. Its going to be an interesting summer and think we will see movement done early as possible.

covcity4life

This is correct.

People are parroting about him being sold, but I don't think anyone has actually thought it through, mentioned a realistic price we would accept, or give a club that would be willing to pay that much for him.

There's people on here saying Hamer isn't worth 16 million, but he's got goals and assists, some of which has been replicated in the Premier League. I just cannot see anyone paying the same amount as that (which you would say would need to be the ballpark figure paid in order for DK to let him go) for Sheaf. He's a good championship midfielder with some outstanding attributes, but next to no goals, and no assists. That's usually what drives value.

The points per game stat is also funny in a variety of different ways, but let's not go there otherwise we'll really start upsetting people.
I would be over the moon with 15m

He's a v good player and on his day great. But he's not irreplaceable either

Mucca Mad Boys

Robins likened him to Bryan Robson earlier in the season who was a classic box to box midfielder who scored goals. I think there's definitely some improvement left in Sheaf and he has the ability to be scoring around 6-9 goals a season.

By then, he’ll have 12 months left in his contract…

Personally, I think Sheaf will want to leave in the summer to test himself in the Prem
This is correct.

People are parroting about him being sold, but I don't think anyone has actually thought it through, mentioned a realistic price we would accept, or give a club that would be willing to pay that much for him.

There's people on here saying Hamer isn't worth 16 million, but he's got goals and assists, some of which has been replicated in the Premier League. I just cannot see anyone paying the same amount as that (which you would say would need to be the ballpark figure paid in order for DK to let him go) for Sheaf. He's a good championship midfielder with some outstanding attributes, but next to no goals, and no assists. That's usually what drives value.

The points per game stat is also funny in a variety of different ways, but let's not go there otherwise we'll really start upsetting people.

£15m for Hamer was a good deal because his contract was expiring. He was worth £20+ million with his goals and assists last season if the contract was longer.

As for Sheaf, he doesn’t have goals and assists but not every player on a team needs that. He has attributes that teams love in players; he’s a top Championship CM in regards to defensive actions (recoveries and ball won in opposition final 3rd) and his passing attributes - long passes and progressive passes.

In short, if a Prem team wants him in the summer, we can demand an unreasonable fee for him because his contract length suits us. He’s worth £15-20 million for sure.

pusbccfc

Type of game that goes against of those who genuinely think he's worth £15m.

Gint11

If we don’t get any money from Vik, Sheaf will be sold.

Offhegoes

Where is all this talk of Sheaf going come from? Is it because it's now apparent O'Hare is off? He has 2 years left on his deal. Robins will be building next season's team around him, Wright, Sakamoto, Simms, Torp & MVE.
Clearly wasn't fit last night, and apart from Jamie Allen whose not started a game since February we had nothing on the bench.

David O'Day

Where is all this talk of Sheaf going come from? Is it because it's now apparent O'Hare is off? He has 2 years left on his deal. Robins will be building next season's team around him, Wright, Sakamoto, Simms, Torp & MVE.
Clearly wasn't fit last night, and apart from Jamie Allen whose not started a game since February we had nothing on the bench.
it's nonsense posted on here for clout

he only leaves if we get an offer too good to turn down

Offhegoes

it's nonsense posted on here for clout

he only leaves if we get an offer too good to turn down
Exactly. Same as any player. If Bournemouth offered us £15m for Wright in the summer he would be off. The club is being run correctly now, players are on long contracts and it will take seriously big offers for us to sell them

Gint11

Clearly wasn't fit last night, and apart from Jamie Allen who’s not started a game since February we had nothing on the bench.

Wants to go higher
Seen Vik, Gus and Cal all go to ‘higher’
Peak of his value
The longer we keep him, could lose him for free
Need the money to fund transfers
There is sizable interest in sheaf

any more reasons?

Offhegoes

Wants to go higher
Seen Vik, Gus and Cal all go to ‘higher’
Peak of his value
The longer we keep him, could lose him for free
Need the money to fund transfers
There is sizable interest in sheaf

any more reasons?
Peak of his value, because he has 2 years left. Build the team around him next season and get promoted will get us more money then selling him for 10m this summer. If we don't go up, sell him in a year.
I don't believe he wants to leave

Gint11

Peak of his value, because he has 2 years left. Build the team around him next season and get promoted will get us more money then selling him for 10m this summer. If we don't go up, sell him in a year.
I don't believe he wants to leave

I agree with you. I’d keep him. He’s not irreplaceable but he’s really important with where the team is. But the club from a commercial point of view, may see this differently. Hopefully not.

clint van damme

So was told yesterday Sheaf does indeed want away and there's already been a bid rejected, (not sure if it was by the club or the player and his representatives), but the fee concerned was very good in my book so at least if we're going to lose him we'll be getting a decent whack for him.

TomRad85

So was told yesterday Sheaf does indeed want away and there's already been a bid rejected, (not sure if it was by the club or the player and his representatives), but the fee concerned was very good in my book so at least if we're going to lose him we'll be getting a decent whack for him.
Don't withhold the fee..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

It has to be. We’re in a strong position with his contract. If we get a decent fee and reinvest that’s all good.

Cally Fedora

With him still in contract that fee needs to be £15-20m. He’s a slightly easier type of player to replace than Gyokeres or Hamer.

shepardo01

....also, and again, take as you will, but was separated from the main group of players on the walkabout after the game yesterday. Looked pissed off.

The last two months of the season has probably made his mind up to be fair?

Deity

We are starting to feel the pains of progress.

We have multiple players that other teams want and it’s bit unsettling but it’s a high quality problem.

Go back 3 years and we couldn’t see where the next big injection of transfer income was coming from … and before we say COH or Hamer at that time the rumoured fees were less than £5m so not transformational in any way …

clint van damme

We are starting to feel the pains of progress.

We have multiple players that other teams want and it’s bit unsettling but it’s a high quality problem.

Go back 3 years and we couldn’t see where the next big injection of transfer income was coming from … and before we say COH or Hamer at that time the rumoured fees were less than £5m so not transformational in any way …

Robins said he doesn't want players who only see us as a stepping stone, but that's a bit naive in my opinion.
There are far bigger clubs than us who are seen in the same way, you just have to make it work for you.

TomRad85

Robins said he doesn't want players who only see us as a stepping stone, but that's a bit naive in my opinion.
There are far bigger clubs than us who are seen in the same way, you just have to make it work for you.
I'm guessing he just doesn't want them to make it obvious. You're right though, Vik obviously sees Sporting as a stepping stone in the same way he did us.. just the next one along.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

But isn't that "the model"....!?...

I'd say so, and if, for example, Vik had stayed for another season or two would he have maintained his value?
It's difficult. I'm also not sure how you can ascertain whether a players going to stay or not, no one goes to a new employee and says I'm I'm jumping ship a the first opportunity!
And even if a player does genuinely love it here if a big club comes in, that's going to turn anyone's head

ProfessorbyGrace

PPG this season (with Sheaf) = 1.413793103448276
PPG (without Sheaf) = 1.53

The stats are indisputable - it could be a real struggle to find a club willing to take him next season.
Very fine margins, isn’t it?
I would be over the moon with 15m

He's a v good player and on his day great. But he's not irreplaceable either
In a nutshell, this is it, regarding Sheaf. 👍🏻

shmmeee

I think he’s the hardest player we have to replace. Makes a huge difference to the side. But we need a whole new midfield anyway so can spread the quality around like we did up front when we lost Vik.

Users who are viewing this thread