Sheaf (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

The whole thing about captaincy reminds me why Man Citeh are so good . You look all over their team and there are natural leaders without being captains . I always remember Alex Ferguson also saying he looked at a players character when signing them
The fact we can mention a lot of our players already as potential captains says a lot about the character of the players we are signing .You could see so many of them talking today and telling others where they should be and to do their role for the side

Robins seems to sign players on character and raw characteristics first and foremost. He spoke today about having to replace Gus personality in the group as well as on the pitch.

JAM See

A man of 43....with a wife of 33, girl of 1.5yrs and a boy of nearly 5. Would they be in for a similar experience?

Asking for a friend.
Terrible twos's incoming for the second time. Then the lad will hit puberty, then your daughter will.

Then, when you think it's finally over and you're skint because you've spotted 'em through university, you will become a grandparent.

Your only solace will be a few cans and this forum.

Welcome to hell (but really, you wouldn't change a thing).

That's the thing with us humans. We're flawed and ugly and brutal. But the beauty and love our species can create is what you need to focus on.

...and football obviously.

Warwickhunt

i hope we got another year option at the end of his contract? fucking vultures will be after him asi think he will have a big season

Frostie

It was just your standard run to the near post. Simple but effective.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
It's pleasing to see after our struggles from set pieces last season that we've clearly been doing some work on them.

Neither Dieng or Hermansen are keepers that command the area or come off the line & we targeted this to good effect.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not sure about best DM in the league but is anyone else surprised there’s been no (reported) interest in him? Southampton maybe with the style Martin likes to play

fatso

Not sure about best DM in the league but is anyone else surprised there’s been no (reported) interest in him? Southampton maybe with the style Martin likes to play
He's been great for us ever since he learnt not to get caught in possession on the edge of our own penalty area.

He's one of those players who just goes about his business and never seems to catch the eye or get the headlines.

Always one of the first names on the teamsheet.

StrettoBoy

I think we are lucky to have Sheaf. He works hard, is very good at what he does and is the ultimate Mr Reliable.

I’m not as depressed as some about the perceived lack of creativity in the team. We have Sakamoto, MvE, Palmer and (when they are fit) Callum and Jamie to come back in plus Ayari. None of them is a Gus - few are outside the Premiership - but in their own way all are capable of creating chances.

We just need Simms to start firing, as I’m sure he will, and I think we are in with a decent chance of squeezing in to the playoffs again although it might be a season too early for that.

When we get the extra players that MR wants - and we have to accept that it may not be in this window - then we will have a very decent squad.

Sick Boy

Flash Flashing GIF

@Earlsdon_Skyblue1

skyblu3sk

I honestly think it's his at least one dodgy pass a game needs to become less regular. Loads of forward passes won't come of but when it's sideways or backwards it needs to as in the prem it will be punished. If he can rid that he will Be some player and can see him making lower prem sides.

Briles

He's gone from dodgy in possession to first name on the team sheet. Which shows players need time and shouldn't be written off immediately.

Londonccfcfan

I think potentially he can be as good as Hamer potentially.

Has the defensive side which is better imo than Hamers. Works on his creativity (tall order) and adds a few goals (even 5 a season) then he will be some player.

PVA

Saw this thread on the homepage and shat myself that he was leaving or something

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A decent player that has improved consistently since day one and he'll in all likelihood be an important player this season if we want to do well, but we need to improve the central midfield and he isn't an exception to that. Ideally you would want some more competition in there and Eccles has actually probably been better than him this season overall.

Talk of him being sold for millions at this point is nonsense and people need to ground themselves. He's gone from being one of our most underrated players, to one of the most overrated, in fact to a point where people are openly ignoring anything he does wrong, and exaggerating when he does something good. It's a shame because he's a good player and there's no need, and it takes the shine off. This 'interest not reported in the press' however, is just another lazy input from someone that is consistently morphing into the newest iteration of Dale Evans wanting to show off, and pretending to be ITK with safe and sometimes ambiguous contributions. It's quite narccisistic.

There would have been a significant bid we wouldn't have been able to turn down if he really was that in demand. As it happens he'll be here which will mean we have a decent and improving couple of central midfielders in the team with him and Eccles. If we want to be a top team however, I still maintain that we need players in that position more on the Hamer level.

Frostie

A decent player that has improved consistently since day one and he'll in all likelihood be an important player this season if we want to do well, but we need to improve the central midfield and he isn't an exception to that. Ideally you would want some more competition in there and Eccles has actually probably been better than him this season overall.

Talk of him being sold for millions at this point is nonsense and people need to ground themselves. He's gone from being one of our most underrated players, to one of the most overrated, in fact to a point where people are openly ignoring anything he does wrong, and exaggerating when he does something good. It's a shame because he's a good player and there's no need, and it takes the shine off. This 'interest not reported in the press' however, is just another lazy input from someone that is consistently morphing into the newest iteration of Dale Evans wanting to show off, and pretending to be ITK with safe and sometimes ambiguous contributions. It's quite narccisistic.

There would have been a significant bid we wouldn't have been able to turn down if he really was that in demand. As it happens he'll be here which will mean we have a decent and improving couple of central midfielders in the team with him and Eccles. If we want to be a top team however, I still maintain that we need players in that position more on the Hamer level.
Brilliant.

I never said we'd received bids, I said there had been interest. I know for a fact that other clubs have sent scouts to watch him & enquired as to our status on him. That wasn't in this window anyway.

Fwiw, I am probably his biggest fan but don't think he's a PL player, lack of mobility will hold him back in my opinion.

Hertsccfc

Brilliant.

I never said we'd received bids, I said there had been interest. I know for a fact that other clubs have sent scouts to watch him & enquired as to our status on him. That wasn't in this window anyway.

Fwiw, I am probably his biggest fan but don't think he's a PL player, lack of mobility will hold him back in my opinion.
Agreed. He's a very good player at this level but I can't see him making it to the Premier League or playing many games at that level. Eccles has more ability and is more likely in my view. Appreciate most won't agree.

Colesy55

Improved every season and now a top quality central midfield player ! only negative for me is his goal contribution which could be better !

Grendel

Agreed. He's a very good player at this level but I can't see him making it to the Premier League or playing many games at that level. Eccles has more ability and is more likely in my view. Appreciate most won't agree.

This aged well

Users who are viewing this thread