Sheaf (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I think most know that I'm a huge Sheaf fan so pleased to see he's finally getting some well deserved praise. I actually think he's had better games tbh, there were a few sloppy moments but, as others have said above, we're definitely a better side with him in it & Hamer also looks more accomplished with Sheaf alongside him.

I think he actually gets more favourable reviews when people watch him in person than on TV/iFollow too. His intelligence off the ball to cover the gaps defensively etc are so, so important but aren't often picked up on by fans.
Lovely play here too, makes a nice angle to open up the space for Kelly.

Unbelievable composure from the team with 10 men in the last minute

Blind-Faith

Tbh I can put up with players giving it away sometimes if they're trying to do the right things
Totally agree , if the idea is there and it doesn’t quite come off then fair enough, aslong as they see the pass and attempt then I’ve no problems with that.
As someone else pointed out , he makes the difficult stuff look easy and sometimes the easy stuff really difficult by misplacing a 5 yard pass. That will surely be ironed out with more game time and experience.

Warthog

Why is he held to higher standards than other players? Hamer gave the ball away plenty of times yesterday, as do all of our players.

Hamer was caught in no man’s land for their first and it was him who didn’t close down the shot for the second, Sheaf wasn’t close enough to stop it.

Frostie

This frustrates me - Sheaf needs to give a 10/10 performance to be rated at 6.

100% correct.
Even now on the Ratings thread you have someone giving him a 6 & saying he should have blocked the shot for their 2nd goal. The player defending the guy on the edge of the box was Hamer who was given 9/10 & MotM... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sky Blue Pete

I think most know that I'm a huge Sheaf fan so pleased to see he's finally getting some well deserved praise. I actually think he's had better games tbh, there were a few sloppy moments but, as others have said above, we're definitely a better side with him in it & Hamer also looks more accomplished with Sheaf alongside him.

I think he actually gets more favourable reviews when people watch him in person than on TV/iFollow too. His intelligence off the ball to cover the gaps defensively etc are so, so important but aren't often picked up on by fans.
Yep constantly covering glad either side of the pitch when defending especially second half when we were down to 10. Lots of really good performances that second half though

Ohare
Godden
Back two
Kane
Sheaf
Hamer

Sky Blue Pete

Lovely play here too, makes a nice angle to open up the space for Kelly.

Unbelievable composure from the team with 10 men in the last minute

Yep 9/10 or even 99:100 it’s lumped in hoping for a lucky ricochet deserved the goal for playing it up and working the chance. It really is a wonderful finish

slowpoke

Hamer was excellent though I thought he took a bit of a knock early on which slowed him up a bit but he soldiered on with some superb long passes for most of the tough second half, Hamer and Sheaf have massive potential together in midfield.

Grendel

Sheaf isn’t popular I assume as he keeps Kelly out the team - he may turn fans round but it’s going to be difficult

Sick Boy

Sheaf isn’t popular I assume as he keeps Kelly out the team - he may turn fans round but it’s going to be difficult
It’s amazing that some claim that Hamer could command a fee of 5-10 million yet Sheaf isn’t good enough for us.
You’ve got a point that the dislike of them seems to stem from them keeping favourites out of the team and leading to them leaving the club entirely.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is that player we always seem to have that does so many good things and then one bad and the fans get straight at him.

I like him as he nearly always looks to move the ball forward and will take a few risks.

TomRad85

Fans are generally quite simple, well ours are. To win them over he probably needs to score a couple of goals and celebrate like an absolute lunatic.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He appears to play better when aggressive, just needs to cut out that one/two moments in the game where his brain appears to switch off momentarily and forgets how to play a simple pass 😂

Now all he needs is a song 👍

I thought we'd decide on Sheaf's Electric

He can play passes that are quite eccentric
But his ball skills are fucking eclectic
Ben-jaaaa-min

slowpoke

There’s groups of fans here who have to have whipping boys poor old Shipley has had it for two years then last season Hyam for a few months and now it’s Sheaf I wonder who’s next.

Grendel

The second goal looks offside but he should have pushed it away

slowpoke

The second goal looks offside but he should have pushed it away
I thought it was off there’s only one defender between the scorer and the goal should be two just a case of was the scorer ahead of the the player who passed it, where’s var when you need it.

Brighton Sky Blue

His second half performance was master class, upped the tempo and nullified Bristols extra man, all midfielders mis-place the odd pass but Sheafs recovery from the odd blips are superb. This result and performance must give MR thoughts on a back four rather than five giving us that extra body in midfield you’d never realise we were a man down.

3 goals with 10 versus none with 11. Real food for thought there.

Evo1883

Can’t argue with that. Dabo looked better cutting inside from the left also.

Don’t see us starting 4 at the back next game but perhaps we ought to on the road at least.
Dabo looked a real handful cutting inside and attacking the box , and his delivery looked far better swung in towards the 6 yard .

I've seen people say about dabo and their second goal but he tracked the man yard for yard up until he passes it across .. actually thought dabo played well second half yesterday , and besides his delivery has had a solid season to now besides the sending off

slowpoke

I’m sure Robins will start the next match with Todd Kane at right back and he is more suited to being an old fashioned full back than a rwb will be interesting which way Robins goes with this one.

Brighton Sky Blue

Dabo looked a real handful cutting inside and attacking the box , and his delivery looked far better swung in towards the 6 yard .

I've seen people say about dabo and their second goal but he tracked the man yard for yard up until he passes it across .. actually thought dabo played well second half yesterday , and besides his delivery has had a solid season to now besides the sending off

I was more surprised how the man on the D was allowed to get a shot away unopposed.

Users who are viewing this thread