Sheaf (1 Viewer)

fatso

He played very well today, he benefits when he isn't closed down immediately, and having good width and movement in front if him allows him to shine.
Away from home when we are pressed tightly he tends to struggle.
But he was definitely a m.o.m. contender today. Well done Sheaf.

stupot07

He was my MOTM today. The one ball he gave away in a bad position was as much down to Hamer slipping. Pressed, Tackled, covered, won headers, drove forward, fantastic range of passing. He is a real talent, and has the potential to be a premier league player in a couple of seasons.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I've been slightly critical of him at times but he was outstanding today. Seriously good.

He turns like a bus but when confident, his composure is incredibly. Always looking to pass and move.

He and Hamer were incredible second half. Dominated Bristol City.

Briles

Said last week his reading of the game and vision is very good he just sometimes lacks the execution which is a lot easier to coach than positional awareness. I think he will become invaluable in the coming seasons

Sick Boy

Said last week his reading of the game and vision is very good he just sometimes lacks the execution which is a lot easier to coach than positional awareness. I think he will become invaluable in the coming seasons
His reading of the game is excellent and ahead of most of our other players.

Yorkshire SB

He’s class. What frustrates people is him seemingly pondering on the ball. He’s a deep lying cm, that’s what can happen. The more he plays the less it’ll happen.

Londonccfcfan

I like Sheaf, but today he gave the ball away far too much. He terrifies me but can also be brilliant
He does do many good things. But agree gives it away in bad positions too many times . But he has potential if he cuts out his mistakes.

Going to every game home and away. Hes clearly a marmite type of player.

I havnt seen too much support for him home and away.

RegiswasGod

He does do many good things. But agree gives it away in bad positions too many times . But he has potential if he cuts out his mistakes.

Going to every game home and away. Hes clearly a marmite type of player.

I havnt seen too much support for him home and away.
I'm always happy to see his name on the team sheet, but I also know there's going to be at least a couple of occasions where he gives the ball away needlessly in a poor position. I rate him though.

CCFC54321

I’ll be clear I don’t rate sheaf at all. I’ll have the minerals to stand up in front of anyone and say the same so I’m not going to jump on the he was fantastic today. The first half he was (and many others I have spoken to since) said sheaf was awful. Slow, pondering, lethargic etc. Second half he was a lot better and looked like he had a kick up his arse. What frustrates a lot of people is he does one good thing and then one bad thing. Maturity will hopefully iron it out but supporters release there frustrations out on such things including myself.

Sheaf just needs to stop the silly mistakes.

Brylowes

Seems to find difficult passes easy and easy passes difficult, must be a concentration issue.
great player in the making and could go all the way, hope he stays here long enough for us to enjoy watching his progression.

CDK

Still only young but very definitely Needs to be more consistent .

Needs to be quicker on the ball and almost less composed-meaning getting caught in possession .

Good player when he plays well but like others have said gives the ball away far too many times.

That said-we have a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mistakes with youngsters they happen but plusses out weigh the mistakes.

DannyThomas_1981

All players make mistakes, no one has the perfect game every week, but some people seem to need a fall guy and unfortunately it’s Ben for the boo boys.
I agree Hincks that every season some morons need to find a boo boy - but not sure that’s the case for Sheaf.

I hope this season we don’t have a boo boy - we should be very proud of this team - way over achieving on all expectations with brilliant team spirit.

slowpoke

His second half performance was master class, upped the tempo and nullified Bristols extra man, all midfielders mis-place the odd pass but Sheafs recovery from the odd blips are superb. This result and performance must give MR thoughts on a back four rather than five giving us that extra body in midfield you’d never realise we were a man down.

CovBrummie94

I thought he was brilliant yesterday. I also thought he was great against Derby and was dragged off when Hamer should’ve been taken off. He comes in for a lot of unfair criticism. We’re a much better team with Ben in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I agree Hincks that every season some morons need to find a boo boy - but not sure that’s the case for Sheaf.

I hope this season we don’t have a boo boy - we should be very proud of this team - way over achieving on all expectations with brilliant team spirit.

If you don’t think Walker or Sheaf are this years boo boy I’m guessing you’ve not been to a game or been on social media all season. Every time they touch the ball (or in walkers case, don’t touch the ball) they’re berated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Some of his passes today were absolutely drool worthy. And that tackle at the end: more of that aggression please!

Hamer and sheaf both pinging them wide today at times with confidence .. hamers accuracy hit by maatson and dabo failing to control a couple each .

I think them 2 are the way forward as pointed out in our results

Hamer made 1 poor pass today which could have put us in the shit , I need to point that out as I do with Sheaf, and tbh it's quite rare anyway

TomRad85

The stuff that's going about on the Facebook group about Sheaf, even after really good performances, is depressing tbh. We really do have some massive dickheads following this club.
But then these are the people that think, almost unanimously, that the bloke sat on the Dundee Utd bench should have been kept on over Walker, so no real surprise.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Philosopher

Boring bit: Sheaf is class but gives ball away. Rinse repeat.

Just an observation, looking back at highlights: both goals / penalty award against - watch Sheaf. He needs to be on his toes, anticipating second ball / rebound / runner. He’s there with his hand in the air in a bit of no man’s land.

I’m not saying he could have done anything to prevent the goals but a bit of awareness/ readiness?

That said, lots of positives outweigh.

Frostie

I think most know that I'm a huge Sheaf fan so pleased to see he's finally getting some well deserved praise. I actually think he's had better games tbh, there were a few sloppy moments but, as others have said above, we're definitely a better side with him in it & Hamer also looks more accomplished with Sheaf alongside him.

I think he actually gets more favourable reviews when people watch him in person than on TV/iFollow too. His intelligence off the ball to cover the gaps defensively etc are so, so important but aren't often picked up on by fans.

Sick Boy

Boring bit: Sheaf is class but gives ball away. Rinse repeat.

Just an observation, looking back at highlights: both goals / penalty award against - watch Sheaf. He needs to be on his toes, anticipating second ball / rebound / runner. He’s there with his hand in the air in a bit of no man’s land.

I’m not saying he could have done anything to prevent the goals but a bit of awareness/ readiness?

That said, lots of positives outweigh.
Why is he held to higher standards than other players? Hamer gave the ball away plenty of times yesterday, as do all of our players.

Sick Boy

The stuff that's going about on the Facebook group about Sheaf, even after really good performances, is depressing tbh. We really do have some massive dickheads following this club.
But then these are the people that think, almost unanimously, that the bloke sat on the Dundee Utd bench should have been kept on over Walker, so no real surprise.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
No doubt they were massive Thorn fans too.

Users who are viewing this thread