Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I think James showed yesterday that he's a more mature, exciting version of what we hoped sheaf would be... His passing range, ability to find passes in small spaces is quite amazing to watch, I actually think sheaf is better defensively than James, but that's about it

I think survival will see Robins offer James a contract here.. I've been hard on sheaf in the past and I don't know what's going on with him here, but what il say is he will get better over the next 2/3 seasons, its Wether Robins is willing to go through that journey with him or sign the more experienced pro immediately, I doubt we will sign both

cc84cov

I think James showed yesterday that he's a more mature, exciting version of what we hoped sheaf would be... His passing range, ability to find passes in small spaces is quite amazing to watch, I actually think sheaf is better defensively than James, but that's about it

I think survival will see Robins offer James a contract here.. I've been hard on sheaf in the past and I don't know what's going on with him here, but what il say is he will get better over the next 2/3 seasons, its Wether Robins is willing to go through that journey with him or sign the more experienced pro immediately, I doubt we will sign both
Didn’t robins say James was coming in with a view to a permanent in the summer

Frostie

Don't know the exact details but sometimes a deal is done as a loan with an obligation to buy if there is a problem with the medical or fitness doubts
There is a loan fee then the balance to be paid if the player stays fit and doesn't break down
It may specify a number of games but it's just speculation in this case and only the clubs and player will know

It was done as the loan with obligation to avoid paying the transfer fee last summer, enabling us to still have budget to strengthen elsewhere. Very clever deal on our part.

Evo1883

Il be honest, I'd we stay up we know we are guaranteed atleast another 10 or so million for just being in the league and with sky... And we are also hopefully making more money at the Ricoh should we move back and SHOULD sell more tickets Covid permitting..

750k for sheaf probably won't rock our boat too much... I still think he won't though

JimmyHillsbeard

Didn’t robins say James was coming in with a view to a permanent in the summer

Pretty certain he didn’t say anything like that. James is on premier club wages and has another year left on his contract at Leicestershire after this season. Incidentally last week he scored his first goal for 4 years.

Evo1883

Pretty certain he didn’t say anything like that. James is on premier club wages and has another year left on his contract at Leicestershire after this season. Incidentally last week he scored his first goal for 4 years.

He was very good at linking the play when he came on midweek and staurday tbh... Gets further forward more often than sheaf too... And was unlucky not to score a belter

Frostie

He was very good at linking the play when he came on midweek and staurday tbh... Gets further forward more often than sheaf too... And was unlucky not to score a belter

Allowed to get further forward because Kelly sat in front of the back 3. Worked much better than the Blackburn game where they both seemingly wanted to occupy the same space.

NorthernWisdom

Of course one reason both James and Kelly will be playing now is they have the experience, when we need to battle for survival, with a team that has limited experience. That doesn't mean that Sheaf won't be slated to play a major role next season... especially if Hamer goes of course.

skyblueelephant76

He's out of contract in the summer, he doesn't have another year left with Leicester

D

Deleted member 11652

The suggestion is he has to stay as he’s signed a pre contract

Out of interest, what would Sheaf gain from signing that? I can’t imagine we’ve offered him any higher a wage than he could go and get elsewhere

Grendel

Nothing like a list of random assumptions to base a decision on is there 🤣🤣🤣

He’s on a 4 year deal at Leicester now and his career has been blighted with injury

Same as reda Johnson

Frostie

He’s on a 4 year deal at Leicester now and his career has been blighted with injury

Same as reda Johnson

He's had a couple of long term injuries, it happens.

Pretty sure he's not missed a game through injury in well over a year now though, not sure many players can say that?

Magwitch1

He won’t get a game as we are seeing now he’s 4th choice you plonker let’s not forget dabo CDM to come soon too 🤡
For a start I have never advocated Dabo for cdm go back and find it, plonker and what makes YOU decide he is fourth choice is there such a thing as fourth choice for any position who for example is third choice then or fifth. You spend half your time on here writing players off, dumping players who have been injured JJ for one.

cc84cov

For a start I have never advocated Dabo for cdm go back and find it, plonker and what makes YOU decide he is fourth choice is there such a thing as fourth choice for any position who for example is third choice then or fifth. You spend half your time on here writing players off, dumping players who have been injured JJ for one.
Lol

4th choice means he’s behind Hamer,Kelly & James

cc84cov

Looks like it the extra strong glue today

giphy.gif

Magwitch1

Your the clown who thought we should play our Wing back ain’t midfield you dumb fuck 🤣 you don’t even know what 4th choice means 🤦🏻‍♂🤡
A real keyboard warrior looks like I’ve struck a nerve, I suggest in the morning go and see the English master to get the gramma corrected.

ms639

Your the clown who thought we should play our Wing back ain’t midfield you dumb fuck you don’t even know what 4th choice means

How long until you’re offering people out on here again for a fight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyHillsbeard

Attachments

• 7B40E2AD-FB75-4EC3-8277-6064BCD60AD8.jpeg
    7B40E2AD-FB75-4EC3-8277-6064BCD60AD8.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 24

Gregbant

We don't really spend transfer fees often, It would dissapoint me if we did on Sheaf from what I have seen to date. A free transfer maybe but not the sort of transfer fee people have been suggesting on here. I hope the contractual obligations are not met and we get to make a unhindered choice in the summer. Personally I would prefer that the money saved goes to the striker pot.

PVA

I'd be very happy going into next season with the same midfield options (Hamer, Kelly, Sheaf, James).

I think there's a good balance of different styles in there plus a balance of experience.

Midfield hasn't been the problem this year, we've controlled many games but lost because of poor finishing and/or defensive issues.

That being said...

#ANNOUNCEWALSH

Frostie

We don't really spend transfer fees often, It would dissapoint me if we did on Sheaf from what I have seen to date. A free transfer maybe but not the sort of transfer fee people have been suggesting on here. I hope the contractual obligations are not met and we get to make a unhindered choice in the summer. Personally I would prefer that the money saved goes to the striker pot.

Hamer, Walker, Hilßner, Reid, Tavares just this season.

In Championship terms, £750k is nothing for a player who hasn't looked out of place at this level. The fact he only turned 23 last month means he's already a first team player but with still huge potential. He fits our model perfectly & will be a superb signing.

Gregbant

In Championship terms, £750k is nothing for a player who hasn't looked out of place at this level. The fact he only turned 23 last month means he's already a first team player but with still huge potential. He fits our model perfectly & will be a superb signing.

750k you are right isn't significant in the championship, however it certainly is significant for us. We have the smallest budget in the league so It is a relatively large transfer fee for us. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it was spent on someone who is currently 4th choice in their main position. I would still consider 3 transfer fees on potential first teamers and 2 fees on development players as not often. It's certainly not often we fork out 750k on a player, when the exception happens it needs to be a quality player. Sheaf may become a, quality player, but he certainly isn't now we can't afford to gamble with 750k.

Users who are viewing this thread