Shankland (2 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Loads of twitter accounts suddenly claiming we're serious.

Bullshit surely? Unless the owners have allowed Robins access to all of Wilsons sell.on fee?

Both tweets managed by the same account I suspect given the wording

Smells like bullshit to me?

Wouldn't be disappointed by it though if any truth but would surely spell the end of Baka and Biamou

Mucca Mad Boys

Rumour is we have offered Kasteener and a slide in exchange for Shankland

The thought of using Kastaneer as leverage for discount on Shankland is hilarious. A win-win deal for us if that is remotely true.

I don’t know who/what your sources are. Whilst I’d like to believe it, I’d be surprised if we made a move for him this season having just bought in Walker.

wingy

He's a rangers supporter but Dundee Utd have always been reluctant to do business with Celtic and Rangers which id imagine is now compounded by the fact that they were on the list of creditors owed money by rangers mark 1 when they were liquidated.
If he does end up ibrox I strongly suspect it will be via somewhere else first.
A Robert Jarni scenario?🤭

David O'Day

He's a rangers supporter but Dundee Utd have always been reluctant to do business with Celtic and Rangers which id imagine is now compounded by the fact that they were on the list of creditors owed money by rangers mark 1 when they were liquidated.
If he does end up ibrox I strongly suspect it will be via somewhere else first.

If Celtic would of wanted him he'd of signed no matter how much of a Rangers fan he is. There's been many a massive Rangers fan line up in the Hoops and there still are to this day.

It's more a case of he isn't better than Edouard, Ajeti or Kilmala

We're unlikely to be looking at signing him as we have already spent a large fee on a striker and if we are to invest it will be else where.

cc84cov

Max possibly going the other way as part of any deal if this was to happen ? just can’t see us but we do need a big squad for this l league.

shmmeee

What kind of money are we talking for him?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Previous rumours were in £3m range. Maybe a bit less now as he’ll have less on his contract. Can’t see us dropping that myself. I’d rather spend it on Panzo or someone like that TBH.

covcity4life

Watched Dundee highlights yesterday actually(I series link sportscene dont shoot me!)

He does look like he has eye for goal and that killer instinct. I am not sure if he is league 1 or championship level(especially physically) but he knows where bsck of net is. Scored very nice goal on sat and also had a few whistle just wide

PVA

Looks like he would be too similar to Godden and Walker.

In the unlikely event (and I do think it's very unlikely) that there is something in this we'd still need Baka for a bit of physicality up front.

SkyBlue_Adam

Would think the scout has been sent there with an eye on the January Transfer Window or even next summers window.. highly doubt we would make a move now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Watched Dundee highlights yesterday actually(I series link sportscene dont shoot me!)

He does look like he has eye for goal and that killer instinct. I am not sure if he is league 1 or championship level(especially physically) but he knows where bsck of net is. Scored very nice goal on sat and also had a few whistle just wide

Not seen a great deal of him admittedly but what I have he reminds me of a more experienced, better Ponticelli. Will get goals but arguably not great at everything else and as we play one up front would MR trust him to do all that? I reckon he'd have more faith in baka to do stuff like pressing.

Plus MR never really seemed to rate Ponti so it's unlikely someone of a similar ilk is likely to rate too highly either. Certainly not at the likely cost.

no_loyalty

You’d imagine this lad will cost atleast 2 million. We don’t have that sort of money to spend on a striker in case walker or godden get injured.

Why would you waste your time sending a scout to watch him, if there was never a chance of signing him?

Users who are viewing this thread