Shankland (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Loads of twitter accounts suddenly claiming we're serious.

Bullshit surely? Unless the owners have allowed Robins access to all of Wilsons sell.on fee?

Evo1883

I mean I wouldn't say no, just can't see it being true what with us just getting walker too.

Evo1883

I'd rather we spend any allocated funds remaining on another attacking midfielder

Liquid Gold

We play one up top and I don't see any of him, Godden and Walker taking being 3rd choice. It's an old rumour that's just popped up, if we were going to sign him at any point it would have been when he left Ayr but we went for Rose instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is using us a way of getting him a new deal.

Brighton Sky Blue

We play one up top and I don't see any of him, Godden and Walker taking being 3rd choice. It's an old rumour that's just popped up, if we were going to sign him at any point it would have been when he left Ayr but we went for Rose instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is using us a way of getting him a new deal.

Probably more angling for a move to one of the OF

Liquid Gold

If. And its a big if this is true.

Would that not point to a change of system with the mccallum signing also?

E.g 433 again that he started with last season

Dabo Osti Hyam Mccallum
Ohare. Hamer. Allen
Shankland Godden Giles???

Feel dirty even writing that to be honest 🤢
That just looks horrible.

Evo1883

Dabo Osti Hyam Mccallum
Ohare. Hamer. Allen

That just looks horrible.

Relegation?

Our system is our strength

Saddlebrains

I agree. Surely not true, great player of course but this would be the second strange transfer after mccallum

Brighton Sky Blue

Apparently Celtic were interested but Shankland is big into the whole sectarian thing on the other side of it.

Our time to sign him was when we were gunning for a McNulty replacement. Since then our system has changed and he would be competing with two others for one spot. Not happening

Tommo1993

Someone said about Walker lighting a fire under Godden’s arse for competition. But I think Shankland would be much closer to doing that. I know Walker has some catching up to do, but I still wouldn’t be worried about the competition if I was Matty.

Gibbo

stop please stop - enough transfer speculation already. We have three strikers and limited ability to get rid any that would now surplus (Baka I assume). Give Godden and Walker chance please

Gibbo

... and we are scoring goals (better than last year). The problem is at the other end.

fatso

Dabo Osti Hyam Mccallum
Ohare. Hamer. Allen

Your a very naughty boy 😱

Magwitch

In my opinion we need another top forward if we got one who comes off a bit like Tammy Abraham’s did the other year at Villa i think we can be a surprise package and challenge at the business end of the division, not saying its Lawrence Shankland never seen him play or know much about him seems to be rated highly, but I have a feeling MR will bring another forward in.
I notice he is over 6 foot so I’m assuming he is strong in the air could be the business with Hamers corners. Trouble is I think he would cost serious dosh so a doubtful one to me.

no_loyalty

Don't tell cc84cov, he will have a meltdown :)

SlowerThanPlatt

In my opinion we need another top forward if we got one who comes off a bit like Tammy Abraham’s did the other year at Villa i think we can be a surprise package and challenge at the business end of the division, not saying its Lawrence Shankland never seen him play or know much about him seems to be rated highly, but I have a feeling MR will bring another forward in.
I notice he is over 6 foot so I’m assuming he is strong in the air could be the business with Hamers corners. Trouble is I think he would cost serious dosh so a doubtful one to me.

Abraham was on 50k pw when he went to Villa

no_loyalty

We could offer them Biamou, Mason + £

no_loyalty

We’ve just spend a rumoured £1M on Walker and Godden has scored 2 in 2. We currently play a 1 striker system, I’d be massively shocked if there’s anything in this.

If Godden or Walker get injured then we would have to hope Baka steps up, I don’t see a problem having three decent strikers.

DannyThomas_1981

Dabo Osti Hyam Mccallum
Ohare. Hamer. Allen

SBT logic. Let's go back to a system that didn't work for us in L1 and throw away a system that has been incredibly successful.

Before too long someone will be suggesting Dabo as DM and Giles as inside forward......oh hold on.....

clint van damme

Apparently Celtic were interested but Shankland is big into the whole sectarian thing on the other side of it.

He's a rangers supporter but Dundee Utd have always been reluctant to do business with Celtic and Rangers which id imagine is now compounded by the fact that they were on the list of creditors owed money by rangers mark 1 when they were liquidated.
If he does end up ibrox I strongly suspect it will be via somewhere else first.

block16

Rather we didn't. Balance the books be ridiculous to overspend when all positions are filled and we're covered

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread